Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Revenge rating from seller

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

.....and now he has changed it back to positive again, this is the second time he has done this.

Starting to work on my nerves :mad:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Bumblebee, I think community watch is the wrong place to report revenge ratings. I send the problems that I have to hello@bidorbuy.co.za with a polite email explaining what happened and requesting that they remove the rating after investigation. I also attach all emails I have between the two parties. They usually take about a day to deal with the problem and remove the rating. If this seller is playing with the ratings, they will definitely remove it as they can track that sort of thing.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
.....and now he has changed it back to positive again, this is the second time he has done this.

Starting to work on my nerves :mad:

I dread that black face. I am neurotic about that face. I must get over it because it actually is not as important as I make it out to be.

Everytime I have got a negative rating I have gone cold--terrible feeling.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
I dread that black face. I am neurotic about that face. I must get over it because it actually is not as important as I make it out to be.

Everytime I have got a negative rating I have gone cold--terrible feeling.

I'm exactly the same, especially when it's uncalled for which it usually is - like recently, got two negs and two neutrals because a buyer didn't bother to track his parcel, I check every day and he still hasn't been to the post office. I treat my buyers with the utmost respect and bend over backwards to make sure they're happy, adding in extra gifts, etc.

shoron    10
shoron

Hi All

One thing you can be assured of besides death and taxes is negative ratings - whether justified or not. What I have realised is that we as sellers should not concern ourselves too much (although it can be very disconcerting). If you have done all you can to satisfy the buyer, so let it be. There are plenty of buyers out there that do not even bother reading the sellers ratings (just look and you will see multiple similar negative comments for the same seller which proves my point !). What can be even more irritating is that buyers will sentence you (rate you negative) without even giving the opportunity to defend yourself or rectify their problem. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

I am not saying that sellers should sell inferior products or give bad service and not bother about the negative ratings, but if you get a negative rating and cannot resolve it, don't stress - remember what goes around comes around !

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Too true. I had another buyer in December who, from reading his ratings and those he gave out, absolutely delights in handing out negatives for fun. Tries to hold sellers to ransom with the negatives too and sends harassing sms's and emails. I feel sorry for any sellers who have the misfortune to deal with him. Sent all evidence to BOB and they were so kind to remove it for me. Of course, his poor behaviour earned him a negative rating which I will not change. This wasn't a revenge rating on my part, he definitely deserved it. And here I though December was supposed to be a peaceful month, what with Christmas and the holidays. Guess I was wrong.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
Too true. I had another buyer in December who, from reading his ratings and those he gave out, absolutely delights in handing out negatives for fun. Tries to hold sellers to ransom with the negatives too and sends harassing sms's and emails. I feel sorry for any sellers who have the misfortune to deal with him. Sent all evidence to BOB and they were so kind to remove it for me. Of course, his poor behaviour earned him a negative rating which I will not change. This wasn't a revenge rating on my part, he definitely deserved it. And here I though December was supposed to be a peaceful month, what with Christmas and the holidays. Guess I was wrong.

looking at your neg ratings it does not look like you deserved any of them--ratings are a necessary evil. I refer to them as 'bob politics" or should I say "Bobbers politics"

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I know. I really try very hard to keep my buyers happy. The only thing I hate is the effect it has on the overall percentage.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Dont you want to have a look at the stamp section

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Anything in particular I'm looking for?

My budget isn't quite allowing me to add to my stamp collection yet as I'm busy building a website which is costing a bit.

Dont you want to have a look at the stamp section

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Thanks for the comments and advice, I really don't like giving out negs but this guy had it coming, I mean it took him 10 days to post my order which I paid for right after the auction, and I didn't even receive everything. He wants me to return the copied disc which I cannot do as I snapped the ruddy thing in half as soon as I open the package. I think the next time he tries a thing like this I am going to send an email to Scott publishing and let them know what this fellow is up to. He is not listing it anymore so I cant report the item.

Artemis Prime    10
Artemis Prime

Very useful & helpful post Tananka

Bumblebee, I think community watch is the wrong place to report revenge ratings. I send the problems that I have to hello@bidorbuy.co.za with a polite email explaining what happened and requesting that they remove the rating after investigation. I also attach all emails I have between the two parties. They usually take about a day to deal with the problem and remove the rating. If this seller is playing with the ratings, they will definitely remove it as they can track that sort of thing.

I am in this situation and have done exactly as you said, complete with an email trail. I had sent it to communitywatch & cc'ed the seller because I am completely in the right. I've now also sent it to hello after reading this thread.

Its so petty on the seller's part, I felt like I was lowering myself to even complain about it. But I feel evil prevails when good people do nothing & it starts with these small and petty things that we let go and eventually we turn a blind eye to bigger things.

I'm also hoping for a quick solution. I'm impressed to read that it takes as little as a day or so.

HR_COINS    10
HR_COINS

+1

I had the exact same situation and emailed hello@bidorbuy.co.za and within 12 hours they removed the revenge rating!