Sign in to follow this  
Blueswan

PHP with mySQL

Blueswan

Can anyone help :(

I am trying to install PHP on my machine to use as a test webserver for now, I am using IIS at the moment. I successfully instaled and can use mySQL but cant for the life of me get PHP working :( if i create a test page with the following text and called phpinfo.php and hyperlink from my main.htm page, all that happens is it downloads the phpinfo.php page, if i set phpinfo.php as the default starting page, it tells me that i am trying to access a directory that doesnt allow scripts, i checked the settings on IIS and "scripts only" selected. what else can i go? Oh, and I am using Google Chrome as my browser, i tried IE6 and it does the same thing, so i doubt that it is my browser. Help needed indeed :)

This is highly important to me as i need to get my website running in BETA phase by the end of the month :(

The text in phpinfo.php

<?php echo phpinfo(); ?>

RAG Auctioneers

Hi.

I am not sure what is wrong, but here is my two cents worth:

We test our website on our local network and we also run software (Basically a dynamic website) to manage buyers and orders which is written in PHP and MySQL.

Search google for "WAMP" and download it.

It installs an Apache server, PHP and mySQL on Windows all in one go and does all the settings for you automatically. Youll have it running in a few minutes :)

Best thing ever.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Southerns

Yes I agree Wamp is great.

Try these links for setting up PHP on an IIS system

PHP: Installation on Windows systems - Manual

How To Install PHP on IIS 6.0 IIS Admin Blog

Installing PHP on Windows and IIS | David’s Technical Musings

Installing PHP 5 on IIS in 5 simple steps | IIS Aid

Otherwise if you have a spare PC try using linux on it.

I use Centos 5 and Webmin to control the server both are free.

I have centos 5 if you want I can send you a copy of it.

Both are pretty straight forward to install.

Blueswan

I finished my bandwidth and i think BoB and Telkom are the only sites i can use right now :)

So i guess thats y im here :):)

Please send to me, any help is greatly appreciated. :) As soon as i get some bandwidth, i will check out the links. Thanks guys, i was going asp.net, but changed my mind to PHP coz i saw just how easy it is :)

Southerns
I finished my bandwidth and i think BoB and Telkom are the only sites i can use right now :)

So i guess thats y im here :):)

Please send to me, any help is greatly appreciated. :) As soon as i get some bandwidth, i will check out the links. Thanks guys, i was going asp.net, but changed my mind to PHP coz i saw just how easy it is :)

Try M-Web R349 inc adsl line rental for uncapped 384k ADSL line