Sign in to follow this  
All Music

Final order value fees and combining several orders into one payment

All Music

With the final order value fee system one needs to be careful about allowing a buyer to combine different orders and make the total payment on one order.

"No problem" I told the buyer, "just pay the total (R1130) on the one order." This morning I take one of my occasional looks at my account and saw that a final order value fee of R66 has been deducted from the particular order on which the payment was made, based on the figure of R1130. Now as the success fees had already been automatically deducted when the orders were made I have now effectively ended up paying the success fees a second time.

At least mine is a relatively small amount, what if it was a seller selling high ticket items and orders being combined of several thousand rand each? And chances are a lot of sellers wouldn't notice these fees being deducted, unless they were looking carefully at their accounts.

I have sent a ticket and hopefully it can be sorted out.

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

The final order value fee is only calculator on the postage amount added.

The only time you can be charged twice is if the buyer adds postage  on each of of the separate orders

Or am I missing something??

All Music
27 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

The final order value fee is only calculator on the postage amount added.

The only time you can be charged twice is if the buyer adds postage  on each of of the separate orders

Or am I missing something??

The total for the shipment was R1130 including shipping. According to my calculations bob should have received a total of R74.70 for all fees at the 6.61% commission rate, the success fees for the various items plus the final order value fee based on the shipping charge (of R110)

The buyer had a total of nine separate orders from me, as they had been accumulating a pile with me for shipment and payment at a later date. When it came to payment the entire amount of R1130 was paid on one of those nine orders (with my approval, I was not thinking of the consequences of the final order value fee), that resulted in a final order value fee of R66.43 being deducted from just that one order, but of course the success fees are already automatically deducted as soon as the buyer places the order, meaning that with the R66.43 I am now paying a total of R150.36 in fees, instead of the expected R74.70.

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

I see what you mean. So instead of paying each order separately  the buyer paid one amount

See how quickly one of the staff come on the forum and cover your post.