Pierre_Henri

How Helpless does BidorBuy wants their Top Sellers to be?

Pierre_Henri

With the old BidorBuy format, a seller could file a SNC (Sale Not Completed) after 7 days if payment was not received from a buyer.

The seller would then normally wait 7 days and if payment is still not received, one could block the bidder for 3 months from bidding on your items. BidorBuy will also then refund the seller his/her enhancement fees.

With the new format, things have changed to the worst imaginable scenario for the seller.

Firstly, if the buyer does not pay the seller and have not placed an order, the seller cannot block the buyer. Secondly, BidorBuy does NOT refund the seller his/her enhancement fees.

So what does this mean?

Non-paying bidders who did not place their orders CANNOT BE BLOCKED! They not only waste your time, but Bidorbuy keeps the sellers enhancement fees!

So they literally waist your time AND money. (Actually the non-paying bidder waists your time and BidorBuy takes your money).

Theoretically bids can be deleted by sellers.

BUT...

Large  sellers like me that receives 100s upon 100s of bids simply does not have the time to check each and every bid that he/she receives.

For this reason I have written to Bidorbuy and identified some non-paying bidders on my items and asked BoB to please delete their bids in future. If BidorBuy is not willing to do this, I would at least expect them to refund me my enhancement fees.

Guess what the answers was?  

Sorry, we cannot help you ….

Seeds and All
16 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

BidorBuy will also then refund the seller his/her enhancement fees.

I don't think this was ever the case. Bid or Buy has always, at least publicly, maintained that sellers receive exposure by having their item enhanced and therefore BoB would not refund enhancement fees on unsuccessful sales.

Pierre_Henri
1 hour ago, Seeds and All said:

I don't think this was ever the case. Bid or Buy has always, at least publicly, maintained that sellers receive exposure by having their item enhanced and therefore BoB would not refund enhancement fees on unsuccessful sales.

They always refunded the enhancement fees if the SNC was successful. (But not on "normal" unsuccessful sales).

Little Miss Muffet

All the completed SNC's I have filed  the refunded fee appears on the sale under the fees debited

I have also been able to block the buyer 

As far as I know the enhancement fees has never been refunded including  the fees charged on Crazy Wednesday

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri
1 hour ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

All the completed SNC's I have filed  the refunded fee appears on the sale under the fees debited

I have also been able to block the buyer 

As far as I know the enhancement fees has never been refunded including  the fees charged on Crazy Wednesday

You can only block a buyer if he had placed the order (and then does not pay).

If he does not place the order, you cannot block him.

The problem is that very few non-payers actually places an order - most of non-payers (say 90%) does NOT place the order, so one cannot block 90% of non payers.

Seeds and All
8 minutes ago, Pierre_Henri said:

You can only block a buyer if he had placed the order (and then does not pay).

If he does not place the order, you cannot block him.

The problem is that very few non-payers actually places an order - most of non-payers (say 90%) does NOT place the order, so one cannot block 90% of non payers.

Below is from the old sellers menu. This buyer did not complete checkout and we were able to block them.

On the new sellers menu the Block or Unblock button is situated next to the buyer's username.

Example.JPG

Pierre_Henri
27 minutes ago, Seeds and All said:

On the new sellers menu the Block or Unblock button is situated next to the buyer's username.

Can you please show me the button where I can block this non-paying buyer?

1423659830_DSC06960(2).thumb.JPG.093a3ea60e0df2573e564960a7f27077.JPG

Little Miss Muffet

The block buyer will only show once the SNC is filed

If (As you say ) you cannot file an SNC after 7 days unless the buyer completes the order

then I would take this up with Bidorbuy.  If this is the case it is unfair and almost criminal 

since you will not get your fees credited to your account

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Seeds and All
12 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

The block buyer will only show once the SNC is filed

If (As you say ) you cannot file an SNC after 7 days unless the buyer completes the order

then I would take this up with Bidorbuy.  If this is the case it is unfair and almost criminal 

since you will not get your fees credited to your account

I believe that @Pierre_Henri may have opted in for the "new" system where success fees are only charged once payment has been received. This was offered to us too but we declined as there were too many restrictions that came with it. You will notice that he is unable to file an SNC unless the buyer has completed checkout without completing payment. He will also no longer receive contact details for the winner until they have completed checkout. 

@Pierre_Henri I believe that you are allowed to request that Bid or Buy returns your account to the "old" way (charging success fees immediately after and auction is won or a Buy Now Order is placed). You will need to then file SNC Alerts on unsuccessful sales which should then enable you to block buyers, regardless of whether they have completed checkout or not.

Pierre_Henri
10 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

I believe that @Pierre_Henri may have opted in for the "new" system where success fees are only charged once payment has been received. This was offered to us too but we declined as there were too many restrictions that came with it. You will notice that he is unable to file an SNC unless the buyer has completed checkout without completing payment. He will also no longer receive contact details for the winner until they have completed checkout. 

@Pierre_Henri I believe that you are allowed to request that Bid or Buy returns your account to the "old" way (charging success fees immediately after and auction is won or a Buy Now Order is placed). You will need to then file SNC Alerts on unsuccessful sales which should then enable you to block buyers, regardless of whether they have completed checkout or not.

Hi Seeds and All, I cannot remember ever opting for any old or new system, but maybe I did not respond to a request from BoB and was automatically transferred on to the new system because I did not respond. I simply do not remember.

What I do know is that BoB is losing thousands upon thousands Rands in fees, because some sellers and buyers go back many many years back and payments are either directly paid into the seller’s bank account or are subtracted from sales that are done for clients that are both buyers and sellers.

In Afrikaans: - BidorBuy het hulle self in die gat geskiet met hul nuwe sisteem en dit kos hulle waarskynlik honderde duisende rande elke liewe maand.

Hoekom?

Want hulle luister nie, of verstaan dalk nie meer Afrikaans nie?