CubRoach

Suspicious Users

CubRoach

Has anyone noticed these suspicious users where their usernames are all 10 characters long with 6 letters and 4 numbers?
The 1st and 4th letter is always capital letter and they usually register a day or 2 before the bid that they are bidding on and they always use auto-bid.
Are these bots that BidorBuy are not aware of?

• Like 1

Seeds and All
2 hours ago, CubRoach said:

Has anyone noticed these suspicious users where their usernames are all 10 characters long with 6 letters and 4 numbers?
The 1st and 4th letter is always capital letter and they usually register a day or 2 before the bid that they are bidding on and they always use auto-bid.
Are these bots that BidorBuy are not aware of?

I reported this to BoB a few months ago and was informed that apparently the system allocates usernames in that fashion if the new user doesn't have a preferred user id they would like to use or if their preferred username is already in use by another user.

• Like 1

CubRoach
20 minutes ago, Seeds and All said:

I reported this to BoB a few months ago and was informed that apparently the system allocates usernames in that fashion if the new user doesn't have a preferred user id they would like to use or if their preferred username is already in use by another user.

Just curious that they're registration date mostly is a day or 2 before a bid starts they are bidding on...

Seeds and All
55 minutes ago, CubRoach said:

Just curious that they're registration date mostly is a day or 2 before a bid starts they are bidding on...

That was one of the reasons I asked BoB's community watch team to investigate a string of buyers who all registered a few days before placing bids and then never completed checkout. Just remember to file the SNC Alerts on unpaid orders.

CubRoach
55 minutes ago, Seeds and All said:

That was one of the reasons I asked BoB's community watch team to investigate a string of buyers who all registered a few days before placing bids and then never completed checkout. Just remember to file the SNC Alerts on unpaid orders.

Exactly, they never complete checkout and then the seller doesn't relist the item and then we lose out on that item.

Seeds and All
1 hour ago, CubRoach said:

Exactly, they never complete checkout and then the seller doesn't relist the item and then we lose out on that item.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but it kinda makes me wonder if someone might be abusing the affiliate program...

CubRoach
15 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist but it kinda makes me wonder if someone might be abusing the affiliate program...

You actually have a very good point there!

TradeRouteAuctions
20 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

Its correct, System allocates

the first 3 words are from First name and second 3 are from Surname and the number is random from DOB etc.,

Most one time users just allow Bidorbuy to choose their username on their behalf.

Many users with this pattern has completed purchases with us successfully. If you go through our ratings you will see a few