ATA STAMP CENTRE

GOODBYE OLD BID OR BUY SITE & GOODBYE TO BID OR BUY

ATA STAMP CENTRE

As expected the old bid or buy site will close as of 11 jan

Not a single proposal on the new site has been implemented to make it work better in over a year.

This after numerous communications from some top sellers vis the forum and with personal emails laying out the faults and problems.

Im too exhausted to state those problems here again on the new site as no one will listen and take notE anyway.

I forecast the old site will be re-activated within 2 months .

BOB will have a 33% drop in listings ,25% sellers will be leaving and obviously income will drop substantially as well.

Sometimes corporate should listen and pay attention to those that make the wheels turn,as wee work with the problems each day

and can actually put forward decent proposals to fix them.

BUT ALAS,NEVER TO BE HEARD

REST IN PEACE ...THE BOB AS I KNEW IT FROM THE BEGINNING WILL FOREVER BE LAID TO REST,MAYBE TO RISE FROM THE ASHES LIKE A PHOENIX...IF CORPORATE TAKES THEIR HEADS OUT OF THE PLACE WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE....

NEIL

• Like 1

delovelystamps

I have to agree - although it was said that suggestions were taken seriously, there don't seem to be any meaningful changes.  I don't think the old site will be reopened, so we're going to have to like it or lump it...  I timed my relisting time on the old site yesterday (copying an item and making relative changes for another item of the same category), and it took between 50s and 1m.10.  Now I cannot even change the title without all the category and other info needing to be re-entered.  What a headache.  Never mind the three pages to navigate as well.  Admittedly the picture loading is superior.

Truly the old site was superbly user-friendly - instead of creating something that saves time (which one would think in this day and age is an advancement), the site seems to require a lot more clicks and extra time...

I hope I will get used to it, because it will be sad to lose this platform.  Very frustrated.

• Like 1

delovelystamps

"Now I cannot even change the title without all the category and other info needing to be re-entered.  What a headache."

Actually I have found a way around this - type the new heading AFTER the original title and then go back and delete the original one - just in case anyone else is battling with the same thing.  Strange way to do it, but still.

Having tried a few more listings, it is getting faster.  On the old site I used to duplicate the photos on the description section, as they would be larger.  Now there is no need as the pictures are already large in the viewing gallery.  And with the super-fast picture loading, it might get quicker after all.

All Music

Edited half a dozen yet to open listings and forgot to save them. Had to do them again. That mistake would not have been made on the old site.
It also asks you to check the terms and conditions box after editing, whereas before you only had to do that when creating the listing.

• Like 2

ATA STAMP CENTRE

LISTING is the only thing quicker on the new site due to the faster picture loading

i used to load on the new site but everything else i did on old site as was much easier and quicker

another major problem on the new site is ratings,these are going to die away as u can only rate a single item at a time unless u leave the order ,unlike on old system so buyers and sellers alike are just not bothering to rate which defeats the purpose of ratings completely.

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE
spelling

TradeRouteAuctions
16 hours ago, All Music said:

Doesn't work, takes you to the new site

It works for me still not sure why it's not working for you

image.thumb.png.96192458b5a89929ba8277af68d4ae3c.png

Concept Cellular

I have no words for the new site.

Forced to use it now and it is so frustrating.

Revenue has been lost already... And it's only been a few days...

Pulling my hair out...

Little Miss Muffet

Like any business they look after themselves so I have had to find ways to look after my business. 

Where are the days we could post a parcel for 20.50 and be sure they do not get stolen

The SAPO walk around with blinkers on. They should be flourishing with the progress of ecommerce

but they have retrogressed.

Never mind the 5% commission that was charged by BOB. The good old days have gone and we must be grateful for 

having benefited from it. All good things come to an end. 

Let's face it, we must be grateful, Bob pays the bank charges on credit card payments etc, then charges

a higher percentage on postage payments. UGH!!!

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Little Miss Muffet
On 1/12/2022 at 1:42 PM, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

LISTING is the only thing quicker on the new site due to the faster picture loading

i used to load on the new site but everything else i did on old site as was much easier and quicker

another major problem on the new site is ratings,these are going to die away as u can only rate a single item at a time unless u leave the order ,unlike on old system so buyers and sellers alike are just not bothering to rate which defeats the purpose of ratings completely.

neil

Hi Neil You can rate all your buyers in one go by going to the outside front page of your sales page and clicking on ratings recently required. It takes you to the second image

IMG_6362-001.JPG

IMG_6364-001.JPG

ATA STAMP CENTRE

yes i know ,that why i said u have to leave the order u busy with to do so,on old system u can rate all orders from the buyer while u busy on any one particular order of that buyer.

twice as much work,,,,,

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

ArxValdex

How do you search for a seller in the new site?

Its impossible to find sellers, there is no link to search for sellers

I always check their listings from the ones I purchase items from in the past

Seeds and All
16 hours ago, ArxValdex said:

How do you search for a seller in the new site?

Its impossible to find sellers, there is no link to search for sellers

I always check their listings from the ones I purchase items from in the past

Took me some time to "stumble" upon the function. 

In the search bar at the top of the page, enter the seller's name. Then click on "All Categories" and select "Search for Sellers"

It really is hidden away and doesn't make much sense to "hide" that function under a heading that, by default, reads "All Categories".

ArxValdex
On 1/18/2022 at 5:31 AM, Seeds and All said:

Took me some time to "stumble" upon the function. 

In the search bar at the top of the page, enter the seller's name. Then click on "All Categories" and select "Search for Sellers"

It really is hidden away and doesn't make much sense to "hide" that function under a heading that, by default, reads "All Categories".

Thank you!!

Indeed this new format is troublesome, the old format needed one click only

• Like 1