Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Promotional Category Listings Free for One Week and then?

Pierre_Henri

I see that BidorBuy have changed the Promotional Category Listings from the short-lived free (no cost) to the previously charged R5 fee.

I have listed many items with a Promotional Category Listing that was free at the time I listed them (the past week or so) but the listings have not opened yet.

But because BidorBuy-fees only kicks in when items open,  am I going to be charged the R5 fee per Promotional Category Listing when the item(s) opens?

Or will it be free because when I did the listings, there was no additional charge (at that stage) for Promotional Category Listings?

Regards

Pierre

Joined 10 Jun 2009
Cape Town
  • Like 1

Pierre_Henri
Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2021 at 6:59 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

I see that BidorBuy have changed the Promotional Category Listings from the short-lived free (no cost) to the previously charged R5 fee.

I have listed many items with a Promotional Category Listing that was free at the time I listed them (the past week or so) but the listings have not opened yet.

But because BidorBuy-fees only kicks in when items open,  am I going to be charged the R5 fee per Promotional Category Listing when the item(s) opens?

Or will it be free because when I did the listings, there was no additional charge (at that stage) for Promotional Category Listings?

Regards

Pierre

Joined 10 Jun 2009
Cape Town

This is respond I received from BidorBuy

Good day Pierre,

Thank you for your email.

You will be charged for the enhancements when you confirm your selection and the fees incurred in this way cannot be refunded.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
xxxxxxx
Customer Service Consultant
Email: hello@bidorbuy.co.za
Customer Service: : +27 10 005 6200

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have no idea what this person is trying to tell me...

Can someone somewhere in a management position at BOB PLEASE answer my actual question?

Here we go again ...

Regards

Pierre

Pierre_Henri31817

Joined 10 Jun 2009
Cape Town

Edited by admin
Removed Customer Service Consultant name - POPI Act

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

Pierre-- Are you referring to the Wed crazy, week end specials,snap Friday auctions etc as there has always been a charge on those.

Sorry I am not understanding what you are referring to

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Pierre_Henri
4 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Pierre-- Are you referring to the Wed crazy, week end specials,snap Friday auctions etc as there has always been a charge on those.

Sorry I am not understanding what you are referring to

When I listed some items last week (normal listings not Crazy Wednesdays or Snap Fridays) , there was no charge for picking a second category - the block showed that it was free (previously there was always a R5 charge when one pick an additional category.)

Two days before the item(s) opens I looked again and now suddenly I can see that BoB will indeed charge the R5 for the additional category when the item(s) open.

So what I am saying is that when  I listed the items it cost me say R10 per item in enhancement fees, but now it will actually cost me R15 per item because BoB added a R5 charge that was not there when I listed the item.   I am talking of say 100 items that I listed like that ....