Codes123

Has not releasing Buyer credits become your Business model then?

Codes123

You can color me surprised to find that BidorBuy refuses point-blank to release my seller balance.

After 2months of engaging with your staff I now consider this a highly unethical move and the start of your demise as a brand.

I've jumped through all the hoops several time your staff just don't action on changing bank account details and prefer to instead hang on to account details of an account I closed 60months ago. I've provided everything I can and communicated in the finest detail. But still can't get anyone to complete this seemingly simple task.

This move is also in contravention of the POPI act after I've repeatedly asked BidOrBuy to "forget" old data.

So has BidOrBuy now joined the ranks of thieves and thugs or is this a case of hiring very poor employees and management being on a perpetual holiday?

Tash1626

Good day Codes123

Hope you are well. We have been trying to contact you on both registered numbers and we are unable to reach you in order to confirm your details. Please will you contact our Security department on 010 005 6200 or respond to the email the Security agent has sent you so that they can assist you. 

Thank you very much. Have a great day and be safe.

Codes123

I've called you frequently in the past 60days to resolve this issue and attempt to get my account verified. In both cases, your staff keep waffling on and don't action my request when I call. Mostly it seems that my Seller verification is stuck because staff never completed the first verification I requested some years back and your system is now stuck in this state with no one doing anything about this. Why my change of banking details is still stuck is beyond me.  In fact, I called just yesterday and after a 30min conversation nothing was achieved in resolving my request for you to update my bank details.

Your verification process has failed over and over
I am now left to assume that either your staff are incompetent, or your process is broken. Or BidOrbuy have gone to the dark side and have started defrauding their buyers. The latter is starting to be more plausible. But I'd love for you to prove me wrong.

You had weeks of opportunity to call me up to the 25th of July 2021. I'm on business abroad and my phone number unfortunately does not roam out here. And I won't be calling you again. The call yesterday was a complete waste of time. The employee pretended to be able to help and just wasted 30min of my life on call and then in the end hung up on me. Needless to say, I'm not very confident in BidOrBuy's ability to resolve this after several such low quality interactions with BidorBuy staff. There's no follow through from BidOrBuy's end.

Let's try another way of verification
My proposal is that we consider a digital signature process. I can put the request in writing again and sign off on this digitally and send it to you by email. You can easily conduct a bank account verification to verify that my name is on the bank account. Technically, you'd then not need to verify my identity since my name is on the BidOrBuy account, and I've sent the request from my email address and signed off on this digitally (which is legally enforceable in South Africa for more than 5years) and you're paying to a bank account which belongs to the owner of the BidOrBuy account (me). The bank account ownership has been vetted by my bank and is considered quite secure. Unless you are inferring that South African banks can't be trusted.

If you need help, I'll get our Development lead to contact your company, so you can sort out your systems

It should not have to be this hard for a customer to get their money. If you need help, I work in Software Development as a part of an international multi-disciplinary team that started in South Africa. We service several large ecommerce brands in South Africa. And we solve some of the most complex issues larger ecommerce brands face. So we could potentially smooth over the process to make bank account verification and customer verification less of an issue.

Another official request for removal of old data

If you've made any effort to verify your current data, you'd also pick up on the fact that the current bank account details that you are considering so sovereign have not belonged to me for 5years and counting. This means your data is very stale. So herewith you now have an official request (again) to comply with POPI and remove (forget) any prior banking details you have stored in my profile. The next request for this will come through an official POPI complaint that will probably lead to a compliance audit.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.