ATA STAMP CENTRE

NEW FINAL ORDER FEE SYSTEM?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I notice another new system that is just another way of taking our fees again

as u list for promotional listings the R5 fee is noted and this is then deducted when the promotion opens ,which is as per normal

now they estimate on each listing the final order fee per listing and i assume this will be deducted when the promotion opens as is with the r5 promotional fee?

BUT THE PROBLEM IS....i can list 50 items and bob deducts their final order fee as estimated PER LISTING,BUT ONE SELLER BUYS 10 items and i combine for shipping so the estimate final order fee already deducted is x10 WHERE IT SHOULD BE FOR x 1-how will i be refunded for this?

whose cleaver idea is this now

any clarity from bob management please???

and this is while the final order fee has never been fixed to resolve multiple orders being paid on one order and attracting duplicate fees

bob are making it it untenable to trade on this platform,no notification of changes or consultation of any sort as usual

neil

Craig
Posted (edited)

Hi Neil,

• This is not something that is new. Final Order Value fees have been around for a number of years on bidorbuy.
  • What is new is that we have updated the fee calculator to show you all possible fees that can be charged.

Years ago, part of the fee calculator was removed and Sellers did not have the convenience of seeing Success Fees and Final Order Value Fees without going to the bidorbuy Fee Rate Card. We wanted to change that and make sure Sellers were properly informed upfront.

I see you offer a free shipping option for your customers to combine options with a previous order. You will not see any Final Order Value fees on orders such as these as long as the customer is paying the correct amount on the order. The only instances where you should see a FOV fee is where someone pays an amount for Shipping or they overpay for an order.

You'll see that the Final Order Value fee in the calculator is just an estimate for your information. We base on your shipping options. You can also click on the "Adjust your estimate" link to manipulate this value. It is there simply to help inform you of the possible charges.

The final order value fee is charged on the difference between the sale value of an item and the final order value (including shipping, insurance, and any other payments made by the buyer).

https://support.bidorbuy.co.za/Knowledgebase/Article/View/233/25/fee-rate-card---success-fees--final-order-value-fee

image.png

Edited by Craig

ATA STAMP CENTRE

hi,i know all about the final order fees

i was just worried it was going to be charged upfront per listing which would not work

neil

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

I did a calculation on an order X 3 and it comes to the same as it would on each 1 order.

In fact 3 orders should save you money because final order value would be on 3 X shipping if they are seperate orders

...and Neil it is not worth offering free shipping if you are adding it into the price because you are going to pay

8,34% which is the rate for stamps but the final order value fees is 6,61% for shipping

So if your shipping is R100 you will pay R8,34 but if the shipping is separate it will be R6,61

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Craig
1 hour ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

hi,i know all about the final order fees

i was just worried it was going to be charged upfront per listing which would not work

neil

Ah understood - no it is just a calculator which is intended to provide transparency, but I assure you absolutely nothing has changed in terms of fees around this.

TaLamia

I do agree that when I noticed this new estimate calculation on the final listing page I also at first thought it would be immediately charged to my account which made me quickly go through my detailed account history to see if there were any charges. The estimate part of this feature needs to be stated clearly as to not alarm people when they list.

• Like 2

bellemodel
On 7/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, Little Miss Muffet said:

...and Neil it is not worth offering free shipping if you are adding it into the price because you are going to pay

8,34% which is the rate for stamps but the final order value fees is 6,61% for shipping

So if your shipping is R100 you will pay R8,34 but if the shipping is separate it will be R6,61

Noted.