Jump to content
ATA STAMP CENTRE

NEW FINAL ORDER FEE SYSTEM?

Recommended Posts

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I notice another new system that is just another way of taking our fees again

as u list for promotional listings the R5 fee is noted and this is then deducted when the promotion opens ,which is as per normal

now they estimate on each listing the final order fee per listing and i assume this will be deducted when the promotion opens as is with the r5 promotional fee?

BUT THE PROBLEM IS....i can list 50 items and bob deducts their final order fee as estimated PER LISTING,BUT ONE SELLER BUYS 10 items and i combine for shipping so the estimate final order fee already deducted is x10 WHERE IT SHOULD BE FOR x 1-how will i be refunded for this?

whose cleaver idea is this now

any clarity from bob management please???

and this is while the final order fee has never been fixed to resolve multiple orders being paid on one order and attracting duplicate fees

bob are making it it untenable to trade on this platform,no notification of changes or consultation of any sort as usual

neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig
Posted (edited)

Hi Neil,

  • This is not something that is new. Final Order Value fees have been around for a number of years on bidorbuy.
  • What is new is that we have updated the fee calculator to show you all possible fees that can be charged.

Years ago, part of the fee calculator was removed and Sellers did not have the convenience of seeing Success Fees and Final Order Value Fees without going to the bidorbuy Fee Rate Card. We wanted to change that and make sure Sellers were properly informed upfront.

I see you offer a free shipping option for your customers to combine options with a previous order. You will not see any Final Order Value fees on orders such as these as long as the customer is paying the correct amount on the order. The only instances where you should see a FOV fee is where someone pays an amount for Shipping or they overpay for an order.

You'll see that the Final Order Value fee in the calculator is just an estimate for your information. We base on your shipping options. You can also click on the "Adjust your estimate" link to manipulate this value. It is there simply to help inform you of the possible charges.

 
Quote

The final order value fee is charged on the difference between the sale value of an item and the final order value (including shipping, insurance, and any other payments made by the buyer).

https://support.bidorbuy.co.za/Knowledgebase/Article/View/233/25/fee-rate-card---success-fees--final-order-value-fee

image.png

Edited by Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE

hi,i know all about the final order fees

i was just worried it was going to be charged upfront per listing which would not work

neil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

I did a calculation on an order X 3 and it comes to the same as it would on each 1 order.

In fact 3 orders should save you money because final order value would be on 3 X shipping if they are seperate orders

...and Neil it is not worth offering free shipping if you are adding it into the price because you are going to pay

8,34% which is the rate for stamps but the final order value fees is 6,61% for shipping

So if your shipping is R100 you will pay R8,34 but if the shipping is separate it will be R6,61

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig
1 hour ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

hi,i know all about the final order fees

i was just worried it was going to be charged upfront per listing which would not work

neil

 

Ah understood - no it is just a calculator which is intended to provide transparency, but I assure you absolutely nothing has changed in terms of fees around this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaLamia

I do agree that when I noticed this new estimate calculation on the final listing page I also at first thought it would be immediately charged to my account which made me quickly go through my detailed account history to see if there were any charges. The estimate part of this feature needs to be stated clearly as to not alarm people when they list.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bellemodel
On 7/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, Little Miss Muffet said:

...and Neil it is not worth offering free shipping if you are adding it into the price because you are going to pay

8,34% which is the rate for stamps but the final order value fees is 6,61% for shipping

So if your shipping is R100 you will pay R8,34 but if the shipping is separate it will be R6,61

Noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
On 7/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, Little Miss Muffet said:

I did a calculation on an order X 3 and it comes to the same as it would on each 1 order.

In fact 3 orders should save you money because final order value would be on 3 X shipping if they are seperate orders

...and Neil it is not worth offering free shipping if you are adding it into the price because you are going to pay

8,34% which is the rate for stamps but the final order value fees is 6,61% for shipping

So if your shipping is R100 you will pay R8,34 but if the shipping is separate it will be R6,61

@Craig Just an idea... Maybe BoB could offer lower success fees to sellers as an incentive for offering free shipping. Surely that could stimulate turnover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet
5 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

@Craig Just an idea... Maybe BoB could offer lower success fees to sellers as an incentive for offering free shipping. Surely that could stimulate turnover?

Why would Bob do that when they know they are profiting from it?

Many sellers are probably unaware that it is costing them more if they offer free shipping to avoid the extra fee

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Music

Free shipping should really only be used as an incentive to get buyers to buy in bulk, or if it's a high priced item it can be absorbed into the cost. Inflating the price of a cheap to average priced item so that free shipping can be offered is something I am sure many buyers will see through.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
Posted (edited)

 

JUST TO CLARIFY as some seem little confused as to free shipping i mentioned.

I sell each promotional auction wed and weekends,i have many buyers thatbuy each auction from me

i therefore accumulate orders for buyers and as stamps are small items mostly i can do three of 4 orders in one envelope at one postage

SO THEREFORE i state pay shipping on one order and use the free shipping option on any other accumulated orders,not to save charges of do BOB in for fees but to make it practical for buyers to purchase cheaper items and save on postage by accumulating orders

HOPE that explains what is meant by free shipping...and i sell mainly at r1 auctions so i cannot work shipping into my prices....

BOB and the sellers should rather worry about all the duplicate fees you sellers are not aware of since the final oorder fee came into effect-it costs me quite a few rand each month but to remedy it is not worth the effort

i have explained this numerous times but many resellers who buy from me still are not aware of the duplicate fees

that arise when multiple orders are paid on one order,this results in duplicate fees and bob is creaming lots die to this as it happens to me regularly and even today it cost me duplicate fees again,once buyer has paid its too much effort to get payment reversed and allocated to the different orders so we just suck it up and bob cannot or will not try and fix this after 2 years

neil

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaLamia

Let me clarify, are you saying you are being charged duplicate shipping final order fees because buyers who combine multiple items are choosing a postage option with every item even though they only end up paying for one postage charge?

If that is the case then that is a lack of communication issue. You would need to put that in your shipping and payments information tab and inform buyers that they need to change the postage to R0 when combining multiple items together leaving only one postage cost selected on one of the items. You need to express to buyers that you are charged a percentage on postage costs selected and that you cannot alter it on your side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI,NO.the issue is this

buyer places order r200 no shipping added so bob deducts fees immediately

buyer places order week later r200-plus adds shipping r100-bob takes fees on 200 and 100 shipping so all fees are now paid as due to bob

HOWEVER THE BUYER decides to make one payment on 2nd order of R 500 as he does not want to do two payments on seperate orders-this after being asked in terms to do seperate payments but some buyers wil not read those as we all know

when the R500 IS PAID ON THE R300 ORDER then the final order fee becomes another 200 over and bob takes fees on this r200 again where they have already taken the fees

this have been ongoing for 2 years and i guarantee many sellers arenot even awareof this-the only way we as sellers can correct this is to ask finances to reverse the payemnts and allocate to the 2 orders as r200 and r300 then the fees stay correct

and yes i can communicate and ask separate payments but it still happens and trying to get bob to reverse and re allocate is a mission as u first have to explain to staff of the problem as they are also mostly not aware of it,thats why i suck it up and bob makes thousands extra with duplicate fees from many orders

that is what im referring to

neil

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaLamia

Ohhh I see. Oh dear, that is quite a difficult fee issue to deal with. Unfortunately I don't have advice on how to rectify or prevent it from happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
On 7/29/2021 at 1:35 PM, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

HI,NO.the issue is this

buyer places order r200 no shipping added so bob deducts fees immediately

buyer places order week later r200-plus adds shipping r100-bob takes fees on 200 and 100 shipping so all fees are now paid as due to bob

HOWEVER THE BUYER decides to make one payment on 2nd order of R 500 as he does not want to do two payments on seperate orders-this after being asked in terms to do seperate payments but some buyers wil not read those as we all know

when the R500 IS PAID ON THE R300 ORDER then the final order fee becomes another 200 over and bob takes fees on this r200 again where they have already taken the fees

this have been ongoing for 2 years and i guarantee many sellers arenot even awareof this-the only way we as sellers can correct this is to ask finances to reverse the payemnts and allocate to the 2 orders as r200 and r300 then the fees stay correct

and yes i can communicate and ask separate payments but it still happens and trying to get bob to reverse and re allocate is a mission as u first have to explain to staff of the problem as they are also mostly not aware of it,thats why i suck it up and bob makes thousands extra with duplicate fees from many orders

that is what im referring to

neil

 

True, this sometimes I let it go as write offs as writing back and forth is time consuming.

The same happens when buyers conclude with shipping fee and pay and come to collect want a refund of shipping fee whereby we had to refund the whole shipping fee and we have paid fees on shipping.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

Neil I had difficulty understanding what you meant by being charged twice but

you have now explained it well.

If I was you I would go back 2 years and claim the fees back.

It may be some extra time and work but Bob will have to spend time 

correcting it too. Mean Pam😉 

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
On 8/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

 

True, this sometimes I let it go as write offs as writing back and forth is time consuming.

The same happens when buyers conclude with shipping fee and pay and come to collect want a refund of shipping fee whereby we had to refund the whole shipping fee and we have paid fees on shipping.

It would seem that the developers/owners/management at Bid or Buy depend on sellers not going through the effort of claiming back the additional undeserved commission. Whether it is R 0.03 or R 3000.00; IT ALL ADDS UP! The system is rigged in their favour. There is no other way to explain the current state of affairs. After so many years we still do not have a function, similar to the SNC process, to claim back these fees or for sellers to combine orders to allow for a single payment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...