Sign in to follow this  
The Home Quarter

Non Payment of orders

The Home Quarter

When someone does not pay for an order, I can only file an SNK in 7 days.  The buyer then has 7 days in which to contest this.  This means that a non paying buyer basically holds my stock hostage for 14 days.  

As a seller, I feel exceptionally prejudiced by this practice.  This entire process should be 2 days maximum.

I have had 3 of these incidents in a very short space of time, and am actually considering leaving BoB because of it.

• Like 1

Dazzling Delights
Posted (edited)

It actually could be 21 days. You file an SNC after 7 days. The buyer has 7 days to contest. On the 7th day, buyer replies stating they still plan to pay. They are then given an extra 7 days to pay, holding your stock hostage for 21 days. At the end, they still do not pay

Edited by Dazzling Delights
  • Like 2

TradeRouteAuctions
On 5/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, The Home Quarter said:

When someone does not pay for an order, I can only file an SNK in 7 days.  The buyer then has 7 days in which to contest this.  This means that a non paying buyer basically holds my stock hostage for 14 days.  

As a seller, I feel exceptionally prejudiced by this practice.  This entire process should be 2 days maximum.

I have had 3 of these incidents in a very short space of time, and am actually considering leaving BoB because of it.

Quite a long wait, recently I noticed you could cancel the order after a certain period. Not exactly sure how many days.

Then even if the buyer pays afterwards you can accept the money if you have stock or you may reject the payment if you sold it.