Dazzling Delights

Video integration into listings

Dazzling Delights

Hi All.

How does a seller go about placing a video of a product into the listing body (description).

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

Copy and paste it in the description box if that is where you want it to be. For some reason or other I have never been able to get the copy and paste to work in the description box but if I send it to myself (Via email) and copy it from the email it works on the Bidorbuy selling page

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Dazzling Delights

Not sure I quite understand? How do you copy and paste a video email attachment into the description box on Bid or Buy?

Dazzling Delights
13 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Copy and paste it in the description box if that is where you want it to be. For some reason or other I have never been able to get the copy and paste to work in the description box but if I send it to myself (Via email) and copy it from the email it works on the Bidorbuy selling page

Not sure I quite understand? How do you copy and paste a video email attachment into the description box on Bid or Buy?

Little Miss Muffet

Are you using a video from the net.? If you copy it then paste it to an email to yourself then copy and paste the link from the email

For some reason or other copying and pasting anything to my sales page on Bidorbuy does not work but it works if I do it from my email

Little Miss Muffet
5 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Are you using a video from the net.? If you copy it then paste it to an email to yourself then copy and paste the link from the email

For some reason or other copying and pasting anything to my sales page on Bidorbuy does not work but it works if I do it from my email

IMG_1200-001.JPG

Dazzling Delights
5 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477

IMG_1200-001.JPG

Oh, I see what you mean. Just giving the link to watch elsewhere.

What I need though is to actually embed the video in the listing description so that the viewer does not need to leave the listing to see the product video.

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

I see this question was asked by another user on the forum and they refer to other uses who have embedded

videos so I guess it can be done. 

The best thing is to call bidorbuy and ask them. They never answer questions on the forum.

Sending admin a PM might help as well

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

admin

Hi All,

Please note that unfortunately videos or links to videos are not allowed in listings.

Kind regards

Andries

• Haha 1

Seeds and All
9 hours ago, admin said:

Hi All,

Please note that unfortunately videos or links to videos are not allowed in listings.

Kind regards

Andries

Yes, I had a link to a YouTube video on one of my carnivorous plant listings and it was removed. The same was done to the video I had on my Catnip seeds listing. Nowhere on the video was there any links or contact details. One would expect that BoB would allow videos that demonstrates how a product performs. So many modern products have movable parts or features that one can only really see in motion. The mind boggles at the reasoning!

Dazzling Delights
12 hours ago, admin said:

Hi All,

Kind regards

Andries

Hi Andries.

Thank you for the reply. Please explain the reason behind not allowing videos to be embedded into listings? Videos are an important part of showing a customer a product correctly and giving them as much information about such product as possible. Bid or Buy classifies itself as a world class platform, with fees to match the world class competitors. Therefore, you should be providing comparable features with video integration being one of them.

I understand if you do not wish to host videos on your servers due to the fact that it will have a massive implication on storage requirements. But to remove the ability to use the "ÉMBED" command in the HTML to place a video into the listing description makes no sense. Embedding a video hosted elsewhere to play directly via the listing description (not being redirected to view on another site) uses no extra resources for Bid or Buy and I cannot see any valid reason why it is disallowed.

Please explain to us why an important descriptor tool is refused? Both sellers and our customers would benefit from a video being embedded for certain products.

Looking forward to your response

• Like 1

The JJ Master

Hi @Dazzling Delights

Currently we block the iframe HTML tag in our description box purely based on the fact we can't control the safety and integrity of the video/information passed through in the iframe.

This doesn't mean we won't investigate the possibility in the future, but for now we won't allow iframes and if we do find video links pasted in listings we will remove them as part of our listing policy I.e. we don't allow external links in descriptions

I hope this helps.