Jump to content
All Music

Emails of buyers questions

Recommended Posts

All Music

Is there any particular reason why when a buyer asks a question the email notification only comes through at the top of the hour and not immediately? It's nothing critical I'm just wondering.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
19 hours ago, All Music said:

Is there any particular reason why when a buyer asks a question the email notification only comes through at the top of the hour and not immediately? It's nothing critical I'm just wondering.

I feel it is quite important that that email comes through immediately. With so many other websites to choose from it is important that BoB sellers are notified immediately in order to be more responsive to buyer's questions. Responsive sellers have a better chance of getting a sale over sellers that take an hour to answer.

It would also be really helpful if the actual question is included in the email. That would allow a seller to gauge  the importance of a question and whether it warrants logging in at 02h00 in the morning to answer or whether it can wait till later that morning. In the past (circa 2012) BoB used to send the question to the seller in the email notification. Please consider reinstating this feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaLamia
Posted (edited)

I didn't even know the notification emails didn't come through immediately... One would think that would be quite an important feature.

I also hate that the question is not included in the mail itself. I much prefer it the way it was years ago when the question came through via mail so I didn't have to log in every time. I second that request to change that back please.

Edited by TaLamia
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
On 4/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, All Music said:

Is there any particular reason why when a buyer asks a question the email notification only comes through at the top of the hour and not immediately? It's nothing critical I'm just wondering.

Also when we go to Q&A it clubs up all questions of one items from different buyers in one block, which sometimes hard to respond as you miss it.

Also another problem is the questions doesn't show up date wise etc.,

I also agree each question must be displayed in the email so we can act fast and respond.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All

This morning at 02h30 I received the email informing me, "You have unread messages". When I logged in now at 04h16 the message is AWOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazzling Delights
On 5/5/2021 at 4:16 AM, Seeds and All said:

This morning at 02h30 I received the email informing me, "You have unread messages". When I logged in now at 04h16 the message is AWOL!

Same thing here, except I got notifications yesterday afternoon at 17:01 and at 22:50. Both times logged in, and there are no messages to be found (checked both on the app and on desktop)

This morning I wake up, and two messages are waiting to be answered (after my auctions had CLOSED). Those are now missed bids because I could not respond to my buyers due to the messages being AWOL on Bid or Buy's system.

Bid or Buy, Andries @admin, what do you have say about this??? This is not the first time this has happened to me by the way!!!

Also, why is the question not shown in the emails? I see other sellers have stated it used to be. Why then the decision to remove this? I agree that it should be shown in the actual email. I ahve a few times answered a question, and a few hours later the buyer replies saying "Thank you". I then get an email stating I have "unanswered questions". I then have to log in expecting to answer a question and seeing it is just a reply that does not require an answer. If that was shown in the email, it would save me the trouble of logging in to answer a question that does not require any answer. Bid or Buy should be making everything as streamlined as possible for sellers and buyers, not creating unnecessary extra and useless admin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Music

What could happen is the buyer deletes the question then it will no longer show

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazzling Delights
2 hours ago, All Music said:

What could happen is the buyer deletes the question then it will no longer show

 

Nope the buyer did not delete the question, as they showed up this morning on the site, long after the auctions has closed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All

Today at 02 Jun 08:01 a message appeared on my bidorbuy page. The email notification came through to me at 02 June 08:01 yet the question was asked 02 Jun 07:15. This buyer wanted me to keep their order open to allow for combined shipping. 

During that delay of 45 minutes I had closed up the pre-paid PostNet bag, dropped it off at PostNet and returned to the office. 

Had this message been delivered at 02 June 07:15 I could still have allowed the buyer to add to that parcel before it was shipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaLamia

Also related to the subject of buyer questions, I really do not like how previous questions asked on an item do not show up anymore on the item page, I think one can possibly access them if you click on Ask Questions button but who has the time to do that on every item? I found previous questions to be very useful as others may have asked the same questions that you may have. Just feedback on the (not so) new site UI design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Music
5 hours ago, TaLamia said:

Also related to the subject of buyer questions, I really do not like how previous questions asked on an item do not show up anymore on the item page, I think one can possibly access them if you click on Ask Questions button but who has the time to do that on every item? I found previous questions to be very useful as others may have asked the same questions that you may have. Just feedback on the (not so) new site UI design.

They stopped that a few years back now. Only the person asking the question can now see the question. There was an explanation given somewhere but I can't find it. It had something to do with privacy. Perhaps someone from bob can clarify.

I personally don't see the harm if everyone being able to read the questions , after all for many years users WERE able to, and it was both informative and interesting to be able to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allstar
On 5/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Also when we go to Q&A it clubs up all questions of one items from different buyers in one block, which sometimes hard to respond as you miss it.

Also another problem is the questions doesn't show up date wise etc.,

I also agree each question must be displayed in the email so we can act fast and respond.

 

Have you also noticed that on the Bidorbuy app?

It's really bad there, the Q&A section is a total mess, I started a thread about it but the forum admins ignored it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...