All Music

Emails of buyers questions

All Music

Is there any particular reason why when a buyer asks a question the email notification only comes through at the top of the hour and not immediately? It's nothing critical I'm just wondering.

• Like 2

Seeds and All
19 hours ago, All Music said:

Is there any particular reason why when a buyer asks a question the email notification only comes through at the top of the hour and not immediately? It's nothing critical I'm just wondering.

I feel it is quite important that that email comes through immediately. With so many other websites to choose from it is important that BoB sellers are notified immediately in order to be more responsive to buyer's questions. Responsive sellers have a better chance of getting a sale over sellers that take an hour to answer.

It would also be really helpful if the actual question is included in the email. That would allow a seller to gauge  the importance of a question and whether it warrants logging in at 02h00 in the morning to answer or whether it can wait till later that morning. In the past (circa 2012) BoB used to send the question to the seller in the email notification. Please consider reinstating this feature.

TaLamia
Posted (edited)

I didn't even know the notification emails didn't come through immediately... One would think that would be quite an important feature.

I also hate that the question is not included in the mail itself. I much prefer it the way it was years ago when the question came through via mail so I didn't have to log in every time. I second that request to change that back please.

Edited by TaLamia
  • Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
On 4/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, All Music said:

Also when we go to Q&A it clubs up all questions of one items from different buyers in one block, which sometimes hard to respond as you miss it.

Also another problem is the questions doesn't show up date wise etc.,

I also agree each question must be displayed in the email so we can act fast and respond.

• Like 1

Seeds and All

This morning at 02h30 I received the email informing me, "You have unread messages". When I logged in now at 04h16 the message is AWOL!

Dazzling Delights
On 5/5/2021 at 4:16 AM, Seeds and All said:

This morning at 02h30 I received the email informing me, "You have unread messages". When I logged in now at 04h16 the message is AWOL!

Same thing here, except I got notifications yesterday afternoon at 17:01 and at 22:50. Both times logged in, and there are no messages to be found (checked both on the app and on desktop)

This morning I wake up, and two messages are waiting to be answered (after my auctions had CLOSED). Those are now missed bids because I could not respond to my buyers due to the messages being AWOL on Bid or Buy's system.

Bid or Buy, Andries @admin, what do you have say about this??? This is not the first time this has happened to me by the way!!!

Also, why is the question not shown in the emails? I see other sellers have stated it used to be. Why then the decision to remove this? I agree that it should be shown in the actual email. I ahve a few times answered a question, and a few hours later the buyer replies saying "Thank you". I then get an email stating I have "unanswered questions". I then have to log in expecting to answer a question and seeing it is just a reply that does not require an answer. If that was shown in the email, it would save me the trouble of logging in to answer a question that does not require any answer. Bid or Buy should be making everything as streamlined as possible for sellers and buyers, not creating unnecessary extra and useless admin.

All Music

What could happen is the buyer deletes the question then it will no longer show

Dazzling Delights
2 hours ago, All Music said:

What could happen is the buyer deletes the question then it will no longer show

Nope the buyer did not delete the question, as they showed up this morning on the site, long after the auctions has closed