Tinkel Tinkel

Just want to know WHY??

Tinkel Tinkel

Hallo to you all, i am new here on BoB and must say i am also a bit shocked whilst i am on here. I bought a couple of things in the past, payed as fast as i can and did all the things i had to do after buying some stuff here. I bought a Samsung S8 from Online Shoppers on the 1st of April and the only reason i bought it was the fact that it had Paypal as a option to pay, so i bought te phone and straight after i bought it i wanted to pay it via Paypal and Paypal adviced me to contact the seller as there was something wrong, i then Phoned the seller and spoke to Chris, while i was speaking to him explaining to him that there is a problem with there paypal account, he put the blame on BoB telling me that BoB has put that option on there account and that they dont have a paypal account. I explained to him that BoB can NOT do that and that it was him or somebody that handles the account that has put that option on, he then told me that he has no clue on how to add that or remove that options so it is NOT him he said but it must be BoB claiming that they did it and he will contact them, but while is was speaking to him and he told me that he logging into his account, he removed that option and i confronted him that he has just removed it so how can he blame BoB or even plays stupid on the fact that he has no clue as what is going on, he then firstly put the blame on a woman that heard our argument on the phone, and then he admitted that is was him, My point here is, i bought the phone because i have funds in my Paypal and that was the main reason on buying his phone, now i can not pay for it as he removed that option and he admits that he has now removed it, i gave him a negative rating for doing just that as that is misleading and un justice to do and now i am sitting with a negative rating for NOT paying the phone, and BoB knows all about this. All i want to know is, how does it work, i am NOT in the wrong, Online Shoppers is wrong here, but i have a negative rating!!

Please advice me here !!

All Music

I'm curious as to why you chose Paypal as your payment method when I see that you are also in South Africa. As far as I know it's only available as a payment option for buyers outside South Africa.

• Like 1

Tinkel Tinkel

I am selling on other sites also which the payment is via paypal and i have a lot of money in my paypal account and it is wiser to use it to buy as to transfer it a bank account and the option to pay via paypal was there, then use it!

Tinkel Tinkel

I am selling on other sites also which the payment is via paypal and i have a lot of money in my paypal account and it is wiser to use it to buy as to transfer it a bank account and the option to pay via paypal was there, then use it! paypal is a world wide paying method and even here in South Africa, there is no restriction to only use it if you are outside SA. It is the seller that makes that decision and if you as a buyer want to pay it then via paypal you are free to do so, i have bought and payed all my other things here on BoB via paypal here in SA.

Seeds and All
12 hours ago, Tinkel Tinkel said:

I am selling on other sites also which the payment is via paypal and i have a lot of money in my paypal account and it is wiser to use it to buy as to transfer it a bank account and the option to pay via paypal was there, then use it! paypal is a world wide paying method and even here in South Africa, there is no restriction to only use it if you are outside SA. It is the seller that makes that decision and if you as a buyer want to pay it then via paypal you are free to do so, i have bought and payed all my other things here on BoB via paypal here in SA.

We were told by First National Bank that sellers are not permitted to use funds in their PayPal account, received from sales, to make purchases. Those funds MUST be withdrawn to a South African bank account for legal and tax reasons... This statement was backed up by the Reserve Bank of South Africa who quoted their foreign exchange policy. If you want to use your PayPal account to pay for purchases you need to upload funds from your credit or debit card to make those purchases.

Little Miss Muffet

First of all the seller told you it was a mistake. 

We have to be flexible and not hand out negative ratings on the whim

You can politely ask the seller to cancel the order as you only have the funds in your paypal account

We are not 2 year olds and handing out a negative rating will only get the sellers back up and move him to respond in the same way

Learn that lesson fast

Sorry to be so blunt but "A soft answer turns away wrath"

• Like 1

Tinkel Tinkel
On 4/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, Seeds and All said:

We were told by First National Bank that sellers are not permitted to use funds in their PayPal account, received from sales, to make purchases. Those funds MUST be withdrawn to a South African bank account for legal and tax reasons... This statement was backed up by the Reserve Bank of South Africa who quoted their foreign exchange policy. If you want to use your PayPal account to pay for purchases you need to upload funds from your credit or debit card to make those purchases.

That is your bank, i am free you use my Paypal as to buy if paypal is available and it this case it was. But you are completely out of line here! the payment method is not in question here, what the problem is that i got a negative rating for NOT paying the said item while paypal was an option from his side and then he canceled it after the auction was won by me, now i am in fault for not paying the item. It is the same you buy a bread at the shop and after you pay for it you get a dozen of bread rolls!!

• Like 1

Tinkel Tinkel
7 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

First of all the seller told you it was a mistake. 

We have to be flexible and not hand out negative ratings on the whim

You can politely ask the seller to cancel the order as you only have the funds in your paypal account

We are not 2 year olds and handing out a negative rating will only get the sellers back up and move him to respond in the same way

Learn that lesson fast

Sorry to be so blunt but "A soft answer turns away wrath"

I told the seller to file an SNC and in there we must just both agree not to go ahead with the sale, but he did it his way in the SNC he kept on complaining about the no payment, trying to blame me for not paying, i told him on mails to just agree that we  dont want to go ahead with this deal by doing that he will get his comm back and the case would have been done, but as i said he did it the other way. yes we are not 2 years old and i am so sure that BoB is not a place where we play *** for tat, if you are 2 wrongs doesnt make a right, if he played the game from the word go, instead of lying to me and then keep on lying in the SNC  i would have NOT given him a negative rating, but blaming a new person of not paying play a sick role where trust is the game here, i am sure you would have given him a negative 2.

Where do you draw the line??

• Like 1

Tinkel Tinkel
22 minutes ago, Tinkel Tinkel said:

That is your bank, i am free you use my Paypal as to buy if paypal is available and it this case it was. But you are completely out of line here! the payment method is not in question here, what the problem is that i got a negative rating for NOT paying the said item while paypal was an option from his side and then he canceled it after the auction was won by me, now i am in fault for not paying the item. It is the same you buy a bread at the shop and after you pay for it you get a dozen of bread rolls!!

There are plenty sellers here that make use of paypal and i have bought from them and payed via paypal with NO problems at all and they know i am from South Africa and they dont sell to buyers out of SA anyway!

admin

https://support.bidorbuy.co.za/Knowledgebase/Article/View/payment-methods-available-on-bidorbuy#PayPal

PayPal

bidorbuy has no control over PayPal and is completely independent of PayPal. Buyers and sellers on bidorbuy can transact using PayPal payment method, if both are registered with PayPal. To offer PayPal as a payment option, sellers need to enter add their PayPal account ID into the bidorbuy system. When buyers opt to pay using PayPal, bidorbuy will guide them through the payment process on PayPal and attempt to record completed PayPal payments against the order on the bidorbuy system. PayPal does not offer South African Rands as a currency. The seller will select one of the available foreign currencies in which to receive payment. bidorbuy will convert the payment amount from Rands to the chosen currency using the current exchange rate. PayPal method of payment may be used only for international transactions, and not for local ones. Unless you are a seller from outside South Africa or expect to receive many payments from buyers outside of South Africa, PayPal is not recommended as a payment option.

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

QUOTE ADMIN: . Unless you are a seller from outside South Africa or expect to receive many payments from buyers outside of South Africa, PayPal is not recommended as a payment option.

Then this seller is at fault as it showed Paypal as an option. Now the buyer sits with an unwarranted negative rating and so does the seller

Both in the wrong like 2 year olds

The ratings should be removed

It does not say much for Bidorbuy when uncalled for ratings are left to fester

I still fume about one that was a total lie a couple of years ago and Bidorbuy 

The buyer did not have a good track record at all--horrible spiteful person all over me in revenge

Edited by Little Miss Muffet
  • Like 2

Tinkel Tinkel

That makes sense ty!

• Like 1

Seeds and All
On 4/24/2021 at 5:58 PM, Tinkel Tinkel said:

Hallo to you all, i am new here on BoB and must say i am also a bit shocked whilst i am on here. I bought a couple of things in the past, payed as fast as i can and did all the things i had to do after buying some stuff here. I bought a Samsung S8 from Online Shoppers on the 1st of April and the only reason i bought it was the fact that it had Paypal as a option to pay, so i bought te phone and straight after i bought it i wanted to pay it via Paypal and Paypal adviced me to contact the seller as there was something wrong, i then Phoned the seller and spoke to Chris, while i was speaking to him explaining to him that there is a problem with there paypal account, he put the blame on BoB telling me that BoB has put that option on there account and that they dont have a paypal account. I explained to him that BoB can NOT do that and that it was him or somebody that handles the account that has put that option on, he then told me that he has no clue on how to add that or remove that options so it is NOT him he said but it must be BoB claiming that they did it and he will contact them, but while is was speaking to him and he told me that he logging into his account, he removed that option and i confronted him that he has just removed it so how can he blame BoB or even plays stupid on the fact that he has no clue as what is going on, he then firstly put the blame on a woman that heard our argument on the phone, and then he admitted that is was him, My point here is, i bought the phone because i have funds in my Paypal and that was the main reason on buying his phone, now i can not pay for it as he removed that option and he admits that he has now removed it, i gave him a negative rating for doing just that as that is misleading and un justice to do and now i am sitting with a negative rating for NOT paying the phone, and BoB knows all about this. All i want to know is, how does it work, i am NOT in the wrong, Online Shoppers is wrong here, but i have a negative rating!!

Please advice me here !!

Below is quoted from the internet. Feel free to verify this with YOUR bank.

"So here’s a fun bit of information – using PayPal in South Africa is a little more complicated than you might think. In order to conform to South African exchange control regulations, you’re not actually permitted to use PayPal funds sent to you to pay other PayPal users or make purchases. In fact, you’ve got to withdraw your PayPal funds to a South African bank account within 30 days of receipt. And there’s only one way and one bank you can use to accomplish this little task.

The bank in question is FNB but you don’t actually have to bank with them in order to withdraw funds from a PayPal account. You do need to sign up for an FNB Withdraw Service account, which’ll let you link a PayPal account to a South African bank account. It could be an FNB account (and you can bet that First National Bank will badger you about switching just as soon as they have all your lovely, lovely info) but it could also be any other SA bank – you’ll just be using FNB’s platform to get the job done."

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)

Typical SA. They are so behind on online selling just like the SAPO who should be 

attracting business big time from online selling

They have had 22 years to grow from Bidorbuy sellers but instead have gone backwards and

continue to go backwards as online marketing flourishes

The SAPO even bring out some incredible law that any parcel under 1 KG can only be posted via SAPO

They are now being taken to court by Postnet

WHAT A JOKE

Edited by Little Miss Muffet