TradeRouteAuctions

MDS Collivery Couriers - via uAfrica - EXORBITANT billing Paid R 524.97 for local flyer

TradeRouteAuctions

We have been using uAfrica shipping since Mid-2020 and new couriers are added regularly.  MDS collivery was added to list of couriers towards the end of Feb-2021

We started using MDS since late part of Feb-21 and regular estimates were around R 62.50 ex. VAT and sent over 100 parcels with that estimates for the next 6 to 8 weeks.

In early Apr-21 we noticed unusual EXORBITANT shipping charges were deducted from our account balances against the estimate of R 62.50 of which actual charges were 3 to 4 times of original estimates (around R 200 to 300) and when we started analyzing all were pointing only to shipments sent via MDS, All other couriers were close to what was shown in estimates. We have lost close to ZAR 15,000-00 (calculated 100 plus packages shipped x R 150 average excess billing) in less than 2 months of using MDS.

Out of all the waybills which were expensive there was one local flyer which only weighed 0.2kg was shipped from us from JHB South to Pretoria (Mabopane) and I received the actual rate of R 524.97 incl of VAT and we were shocked and sent emails immediately complaining to uAfrica and MDS customer Care and I was given the below split by uAfrica which includes 2 x surcharges and the minimum charge  which equates to 8x to 9x  of the estimates they show. 

Minimum Rate = R129.20 (excl Vat)
Location Surcharge = R258.48 (excl Vat) Mabopane
Regional Surcharge = R68.82 (excl Vat) JHB South
+ VAT = R68.47
=Total: R524.97

If the estimates shown were close to accurate (or) even just R 150 we would not have sent a single parcel via MDS. We charge R 120 from our customers for local JHB/PTA and of the R 120 we still pay commissions on shipping and packaging charges (cardboard box, bubble-wrap) which will bring shipping amount available to pay couriers below R 95.

Is this charges justified ? MDS is a RIP OFF I have sent parcels to USA and many other countries via DHL International Express below R 500 on many occasions with discounted rates.

We are still waiting for a response over weeks from MDS customer care and I must say Bad customer service as well.  A week ago we stopped using  MDS Collivery as no resolution was reached as to why Minimum charges aren't even close to estimates, leave alone the surcharges.

This post is done as an awareness for fellow sellers and could you please check if you are billed correctly before its too late.

Screenshot_2021-04-07 Order #12974(1).png

unnamed.png

All Music

How does something that weighs 0.3 kg suddenly get to weigh 1.9kg?

Have you also copied bob in on this issue? I would certainly do so.

TradeRouteAuctions

BoB is aware of the issue and I have notified at the same time I notified uAfrica & MDS.  Actually weight is not a major issue in this bill, as you can see on the second image I did an estimate with MDS for 5Kg parcel which also shows R 62.50. 

Main issue is the wrong estimates which motivates you to use their service. Also there is no cap, because there is no maximum charge set for local parcels they can bill as much as they want. 

bellemodel

Years ago I considered using MDS. Over the years I became glad I did not choose them.

• Like 1

Just-A-Click

Good  morning,

Uafrica/Bidorbuy/Courier integration a total disaster and failure.

When I started to sell I saw banners on the bidorbuy sellers page for registering with bidorbuy shipping.

At first I thought this is the way to go as the integration and service will be great and bidorbuy could assist if something goes wrong as they recommend the shipping to sellers.

All started smooth with no problems, until 3 weeks ago.

1. When booking a collection on UAFRICA the tracking number does not automatically pull through to the bidorbuy platform where it used to.

2. When dropping parcels off at the courier branch, items are scanned in but does not track on the couriers website although I am sitting with the signed copies of waybills.

3. Damages to parcels are unbelievable with the courier guy and when submitting claims there are always excuses for payouts. (Im sitting with over R35k worth of damages and had to replace each parcel) 

4. I get no assistance from UAFRICA/ THE COURIER GUY nor BIDORBUY!!. 

5. I have asked to have the service level agreement between bidorbuy -UAFRICA AN UAFRICA - Couriers just to find out that no service level agreement is in place.

6. I get billed differently to the estimate as mentioned by trade route auctions.

I have decided as of today I will not make use of the bidorbuy shipping, UAFRICA nor any of the recommended couriers. I have just heard good reviews about fastway and have opened an account with them.

Sellers before making use of the bidorbuy shipping think twice.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
17 hours ago, Just-A-Click said:

Damages to parcels are unbelievable with the courier guy and when submitting claims there are always excuses for payouts. (Im sitting with over R35k worth of damages and had to replace each parcel) 

Do you insure your parcels ? TCG on a package with no insurance there is max liability of R 1000 per package.

17 hours ago, Just-A-Click said:

4. I get no assistance from UAFRICA/ THE COURIER GUY nor BIDORBUY!!. 

I got quick responses from Uafrica - but so far no response from MDS and their actual charges are 3 to 4 times the estimates  - not sure why Uafrica is still trading with them.

Just-A-Click

Yes my parcels are insured. When I submitted claims - R35 000 worth of damaged goods the only reply I received was that they will not process the claim as solar panels are "glass", which we will know that it rubbish I replied to them and ask how is solar panels glass and they could not reply. I then sent them the photos where my buyers recorded how the driver lets the parcel fail and get damaged and they just say they do not take responsibility!!

I have CCTV footage from the Rustenburg Depot where all my parcels are securely packed, with the fragile stickers on and the "this side up" and true as BOB the parcels still get damaged.

I have reported this practice to the ombudsman and busy with a malicious damage to property case as it is evident that the parcels are been mishandled. 

The COURIER GUY in my opinion is the worst courier service in SOUTH-AFRICA and with all the complaints here on the forum, social media, UAFRICA is still promoting there business. I have asked UAFRICA to remove the courier and NO FEEDBACK. Since Jan - till date I have spent R138 000 in shipping and this is  the kind of service ones received. 

I have managed to get the CEO contact details, Stephen Gleisner and have CC'd in each mail and guess what? Not a single answer!!! This leads me to think that he condones this kind of business practice.

To top this off BOB refuses to process my funds due to the damaged parcels and delays with is now standing on R67 000k and accumulating interest as we speak.

Just-A-Click

This is my email to UAFRICA, bidorbuy and the entire TCG MANAGEMENT STAFF

Dear BIDORBUY,

Please note the following:

I have been reading all the complaints on your BIDORBUY forum regarding the courier guy as well as on hello peter and social media platforms and my personal experience.

There are still a few parcels in transit (yesterday alone 82 parcels)with the courier guy and booked for collection. After this I will no longer make use of the Bidorbuy shipping aka as UAFRICA and the courier guy.

I have opened an account with Fastway couriers and a 3rd party courier delivering to Johannesburg and Pretoria. Please note this on your system.

Since Jan till date I have spent R133,045.84 at the courier guy and just received unbelievable poor service and miscellous damages to parcels and stolen parcels without any accountability from THE COURIER GUY.I am sitting with R35 000 worth of damages which I am handling with the assistance with a attorney, small claims court and the ombudsman.

I have also submitted claims for batteries and solar panels where the courier guy admits they dropped the parcels and do not pay out the insurance meaning that this is just a scam. It is very strange that the courier guy would say solar panels are made out of glass which they do not insure but this is the incompetence of such a company as we all know solar panels are definitely not made out of glass.

I have all communications from the Rustenburg Kiosk and other branches, photos from my buyers and have posted this on your forum making other sellers aware of the type of service that The courier guy has to offer.

Bidorbuy refuses to process my funds due to parcels not tracking but I have handed them in and still not tracking on the website although I am sitting with the signed copies of waybills François from Rustenburg branch admitted that he made mistakes with the scanning in of parcels. This is on WhatsApp communication. I cannot deal with such a courier service.

Bidorbuy you can confirm that I am turning over R400 000 a month and cannot be dependent on such terrible service or loose my business for bad courier service.

I would appreciate if BIDORBUY takes this message to the highest management level as a serious problem and re-thinks the integration with UAFRICA and The courier guy.

UAFRICA – I suggest you remove THE COURIER GUY as a company from your list of couriers. Please do take the time and read on the BIDORBUY forum and places I mentioned regarding all the complaints which is negatively impacting your business.

I am on the BIDORBUY platform trying to make a living but cannot do so with such unreliable courier service.

Just as I am busy typing this message I received photos where a courier guy delivering a damaged parcel to another client. Caught in action.

Bidorbuy please confirm receipt of this message and note that I am switching over to FASTWAY couriers.

Steven,

As the CEO of the courier guy, I would like a explanation from you how your workers damage parcels although the entire parcels are placed all over with fragile stickers, this side up stickers? Do you condone such business as you have been CC’d in many emails and not a response nor can your branches provide the CCTV footage.

I can give an list of parcel tracking numbers and you can view the CCTV footage how the parcel was received at your Rustenburg KIOSK in good ordered and ended up at clients in millions of pieces? How do you get this right?

All Music
4 hours ago, Just-A-Click said:

I would appreciate if BIDORBUY takes this message to the highest management level as a serious problem and re-thinks the integration with UAFRICA and The courier guy.

UAFRICA – I suggest you remove THE COURIER GUY as a company from your list of couriers. Please do take the time and read on the BIDORBUY forum and places I mentioned regarding all the complaints which is negatively impacting your business.

There is the option of not selecting the Courier Guy from the list of UAfrica courier providers, rather than having one seller decide on behalf of everyone that they should be removed.

TradeRouteAuctions
16 hours ago, Just-A-Click said:

This is my email to UAFRICA, bidorbuy and the entire TCG MANAGEMENT STAFF

Dear BIDORBUY,

Please note the following:

I have been reading all the complaints on your BIDORBUY forum regarding the courier guy as well as on hello peter and social media platforms and my personal experience.

There are still a few parcels in transit (yesterday alone 82 parcels)with the courier guy and booked for collection. After this I will no longer make use of the Bidorbuy shipping aka as UAFRICA and the courier guy.

I have opened an account with Fastway couriers and a 3rd party courier delivering to Johannesburg and Pretoria. Please note this on your system.

Since Jan till date I have spent R133,045.84 at the courier guy and just received unbelievable poor service and miscellous damages to parcels and stolen parcels without any accountability from THE COURIER GUY.I am sitting with R35 000 worth of damages which I am handling with the assistance with a attorney, small claims court and the ombudsman.

I have also submitted claims for batteries and solar panels where the courier guy admits they dropped the parcels and do not pay out the insurance meaning that this is just a scam. It is very strange that the courier guy would say solar panels are made out of glass which they do not insure but this is the incompetence of such a company as we all know solar panels are definitely not made out of glass.

I have all communications from the Rustenburg Kiosk and other branches, photos from my buyers and have posted this on your forum making other sellers aware of the type of service that The courier guy has to offer.

Bidorbuy refuses to process my funds due to parcels not tracking but I have handed them in and still not tracking on the website although I am sitting with the signed copies of waybills François from Rustenburg branch admitted that he made mistakes with the scanning in of parcels. This is on WhatsApp communication. I cannot deal with such a courier service.

Bidorbuy you can confirm that I am turning over R400 000 a month and cannot be dependent on such terrible service or loose my business for bad courier service.

I am on the BIDORBUY platform trying to make a living but cannot do so with such unreliable courier service.

Just as I am busy typing this message I received photos where a courier guy delivering a damaged parcel to another client. Caught in action.

Bidorbuy please confirm receipt of this message and note that I am switching over to FASTWAY couriers.

Steven,

As the CEO of the courier guy, I would like a explanation from you how your workers damage parcels although the entire parcels are placed all over with fragile stickers, this side up stickers? Do you condone such business as you have been CC’d in many emails and not a response nor can your branches provide the CCTV footage.

I can give an list of parcel tracking numbers and you can view the CCTV footage how the parcel was received at your Rustenburg KIOSK in good ordered and ended up at clients in millions of pieces? How do you get this right?

Hope you get a positive response sooner. If you do not get a positive response I suggest you make appointment with TCG and meet their management or even Stephen face to face to get this resolved.

About 5 years ago, I shipped a Macbook and it was stolen at the TCG depot and I complained to Stephen direct and I was refunded in full even though I didn't insure it  - I had to only send an invoice for the value. Those days they had limited customers and CEO was able to communicate direct with customers etc. Things changed in recent times and the volumes increased and probably they do not bother as much now to lose customers

All couriers have some issues, no courier is better than the other in some way each one has problems.

I used to ship 10 to 15 packages a day just with TCG but after one day the Vehicle which was carrying the packages I sent worth 45K was hijacked I lot majority of money. Since then I stopped using one courier to send all packages, I divide it to 3 different courier companies when I have more than 10 packages. Many a times it's individual driver is responsible for stealing, damages etc., Many of the courier delivery guys want to see a quick buck stealing a high value items gives them 4 to 8 weeks wages in one go. So they risk the job to steal and item and blame they were hijacked. It could possibly be a team effort they join hands with crooks to stage a hijack. It's going to be impossible for a courier company to manage except to fire these pickup drivers and they will go to work for another courier company and do the same.

TradeRouteAuctions
11 hours ago, All Music said:

There is the option of not selecting the Courier Guy from the list of UAfrica courier providers, rather than having one seller decide on behalf of everyone that they should be removed.

Exactly I do not use MDS anymore - They overcharge

Just-A-Click

MDS and the courier guy is on UAfrica and this is going to be UAFRICA downfall. Steve Gleisner is of no use as he does not respond to any mails. I have sent him footage to explain to me how his employees mishandles packages and when submitting claims based on the footage they refuse to pay out. I have opened a account with fastway and will start using them. The courier guy will eventually have their day and more and more customers will realize that they only after our money then offering a service.

Negative feedback is piling in on social media and when posting on their FB page with facts because they do not answers mails from me nor Uafrica, they delete the post and block you from their page. Luckily they cant do so on Hellopeter.

It is just a head scratcher that Bidorbuy who actually promotes Uafrica all over their website does not get involved. There are no service level agreements in place but I have asked bidorbuy to remove myself from the UAFRICA shipping and as mentioned I will start using fastway couriers. 

My only question to Bidorbuy is why promote a service which you cannot back up, as this integration is not though properly through nor any agreements in place to protect the buyers and SELLERS.

On Friday another Delivery van has been Hi-jacked and R12 000 of goods are(were) on the truck, so we will see what happens to these claims. 

At the end of the day, the buyers buy a product from the seller and the seller need to ship out the item. Online selling/shipping in SA is nowhere near the Americans. Our couriers rather defraud the clients to make a quick buck and totally forget about customer service. I have a entire list of complaints which was sent through to the Ombudsman and I will not sit back until a full investigation has been done and the courier found guilty for malicious damage of property. In the meantime I will ship out with fastway couriers as I showed the region manager my entire shipping account and he ensured me that I will not have such kind of issues with FASTWAY and I have this on black and white. 

• Like 1

All Music

Did you ever get the matter of the bill for R524.97 sorted out?

TradeRouteAuctions
13 minutes ago, All Music said:

Did you ever get the matter of the bill for R524.97 sorted out?

The day light robbery was never resolved.

I called it a day and moved on as I do not wish to waste more time with companies like MDS which are not ethical - Never will use MDS or recommend to anyone

There was not even a response to my complaint by MDS. I am sure they wont go very far business wise when they aim for a quick buck and keep quiet on customer complaints.