Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Neutral ratings

JPBon    10
JPBon

Why do so many people rate people with a neutral rating when they have either experienced bad service or non delivery or late delivery etc. some of these should blatantly be Negatives.

Is there a valid place for neutrals and should these maybe count as a half negative or something?

Southerns    10
Southerns

The main reason I think is some people either value their ratting to much and don't want to take the chance of a revenge rating spoiling it or are just to soft and don't want to offend anyone.

I just rate what I feel the completed sale deserves and if I get a revenge ratting back,

you can always reply to the ratting also and explain.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

neutral rating

Then there is the other side of this rating story.

I am sitting with a neutral rating that can stay there but it is the principle of the matter.

I am leaving this until I reckon this guy must be back from holiday,

He does not reply to my emails or answer his phone, Both his landline and cell phone ring.

He bought and paid (including postage)for an item and I phoned him to try and refund the postage and deliver the item as he lives close by.

I got no answer to his phone so after 2 days posted the item and sent an email with a tracking number.(I have a copy)

3 weeks later he gives me a neutral rating because he did either not read and take note of the tracking number. His item has been lying at his post office for 3 weeks.

I have sent him another email with tracking and put it in his rating (which is not allowed) --no reply --no answer to phones.

I have not changed his positive rating but I find this lack of communication very very frustrating.

I hope he has not collected that parcel--I hope it is sent back to me then I will go and put a crossed cheque in his post box and cancel the sale and give him a very very negative rating

Revenge:rolleyes:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Personally I hate giving negatives, (I hate receiving them too ;)), I would rather wait & try to resolve the matter amicably before giving a negative but obviously when you have done everything you can & you get no response/satisfaction then you do need to rate negatively.

I have noticed though that it is the new users who tend to be much freer with their negatives, & then as southerns said, there is the fear of a revenge negative.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I have just checked telephonically --the parcel has still not been collected.

I hope it gets sent back then I will put his telephone numbers in my cell phone and watch my identity call and I wont answer the phone or his emails so that he can become frustrated like me and feel what it feels like.

:D:D

Gecko Coins    10
Gecko Coins
Personally I hate giving negatives, (I hate receiving them too ;)), I would rather wait & try to resolve the matter amicably before giving a negative but obviously when you have done everything you can & you get no response/satisfaction then you do need to rate negatively.

I have noticed though that it is the new users who tend to be much freer with their negatives, & then as southerns said, there is the fear of a revenge negative.

Hi

Interesting observation about the "newbies", I just love looking at negative and neutral ratings, I find it most enjoyable to read the comments (probably something wrong with me - but who cares!). I see a lot of people rating neutral but with the following kind of comments: "Items received promptly, good communication, thanks". Surely if you have received the items in good time and you are satisfied, why rate someone neutral? It simply does not make sense. You will find that members who have been on BOB for a long time do not do this type of thing. For the most part it would be all positive, and as you said they would try and resolve issues instead of going the negative route. I do however believe if a seller was rated negative unfairly that BOB can do something about this if they can prove that the negative rating was unjustified. Trying to keep 100% positive ratings can be quite difficult nowadays!

Regards

voldermort    10
voldermort
Hi

I do however believe if a seller was rated negative unfairly that BOB can do something about this if they can prove that the negative rating was unjustified.

Regards

Perhaps to a certain extent, however I have a negative that was given to me almost 2 years ago by a seller who has since long time ago been blacklisted - she bought an item, I sent her 4 x emails requesting payment etc as I didn't want to snc her for such a low priced item & boom, suddenly she gave me a negative saying she had had no response from me.

When I sent an email to BOB regarding this the response was something along the lines of "everybody has a right to say how they found their selling/buying experience etc etc".

So what do you do in a situation like that, youv'e being given a negative which is a blatant lie, seller blacklisted due to non payment on other items as well, and yet you have to carry this negative around with you.:(

Gecko Coins    10
Gecko Coins

Perhaps you should take this up with BOB again. They might reconsider it in the light of the buyer being blacklisted for exactly the same thing. It is not nice having a negative against your name.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

voldermort said: there is the fear of a revenge negative.

I don't fear any negative revenge ratings - just get hold of CW and they sort it out pronto. (Still means you don't have a positive but revenge ratings are NOT accepted by BoB).

I also think that the "newbies" who rate with neutrals although parcel received promptly, may not be as happy as they think they should be with the item they have bought? Just a thought ...

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

The thing that upsets me most here is that the buyer has been given a tracking number,probably received a slip from the post office--ignored all that then blames me. It is so irritating when people walk around with blinkers on. What does he want me to do--hand it to him on a silver platter.

If he has ignored or not read my response or emails next thing he will give me a negative rating and to reason with someone like that---well I would not try.

The post office is slack too because this tracking number is not on their system if one does an inquiry on internet but when one phones they can tell you where it is.

I still hope they send it back.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Perhaps you should take this up with BOB again. They might reconsider it in the light of the buyer being blacklisted for exactly the same thing. It is not nice having a negative against your name.

Sent BOB another message & the reply was that ratings can only be removed/queried within 3 monthes of receiving them.

Worth remembering as I was not aware of this.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks, Voldermort. I am also now more knowledgeable. :)

Southerns    10
Southerns

Just shows we are never to wise or to old to learn. :)

If you get a negative rating at least you can reply to it so people an see your side too.