Sign in to follow this  
ImraanO

Make an Offer - but sellers never accept, why list as 'Make an Offer'

ImraanO

Why do sellers put items up as 'Make an Offer', than won't accept offers!
Why would you think a 3% difference would make me want to buy from you, the whole point is to save between 10% and 30%,

Secondly, when you send me an offer(from the last auction price), but I see it at almost Buy Now price(on your listings), why would you think it would be Ok!

Remember, product and price are king.

All Music

Are you basing your comment on your experience with just one seller or on a number of sellers to give a more accurate indication of sellers reluctance to accept offers?

Also sellers could be sending nominal offers to buyers (at a fraction lower than the price) just to see which buyers had the item on their watchlist. Ordinarily sellers can't see who is watching their items, but with the ability of sellers to send offers to buyers who had auction items on their watchlist even if the buyer doesn't respond an email comes through after 48 hours with the name of the buyer who didn't respond to the offer.

TradeRouteAuctions
On 3/29/2021 at 11:23 AM, ImraanO said:

Why do sellers put items up as 'Make an Offer', than won't accept offers!
Why would you think a 3% difference would make me want to buy from you, the whole point is to save between 10% and 30%,

Secondly, when you send me an offer(from the last auction price), but I see it at almost Buy Now price(on your listings), why would you think it would be Ok!

Remember, product and price are king.

Most bargains are in Auctions without any reserve where an item sells for a real discount depending on demand and number of bidders interest.

Offers hardly can be a bargain because sellers have control on what they are offering.