Little Miss Muffet

Scary prices on crazy Wednesday

Little Miss Muffet

This is very concerning when a vintage silver charm bracelet fetches R1 on crazy Wednesday.

There are a number of other nice pieces that sold for R1. This bracelet is worth +- R900 scrap  

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/504575754/WOW_HEAVY_VINTAGE_STERLING_SILVER_CHARM_BRACELET_WITH_RARE_POCKET_KNIFE_CHARM_72_0g_WOW.html

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Little Miss Muffet

Actually incorrect as there was a buy now price on the auction and it sold for R1495 but I cannot understand why it shows R1 on the main body of the auction

Pierre_Henri
On 2/25/2021 at 7:06 AM, Little Miss Muffet said:

This is very concerning when a vintage silver charm bracelet fetches R1 on crazy Wednesday.

There are a number of other nice pieces that sold for R1. This bracelet is worth +- R900 scrap  

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/504575754/WOW_HEAVY_VINTAGE_STERLING_SILVER_CHARM_BRACELET_WITH_RARE_POCKET_KNIFE_CHARM_72_0g_WOW.html

The sale ended 1 minute after it opened - the seller made a huge mistake in his/her listing.

It closed on the same day it was listed (Tuesday 23 Feb) and obviously was intended to close the Wednesday - some tears to late!

TradeRouteAuctions

seems the seller got what they wanted which is R1495

Little Miss Muffet
Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

The sale ended 1 minute after it opened - the seller made a huge mistake in his/her listing.

It closed on the same day it was listed (Tuesday 23 Feb) and obviously was intended to close the Wednesday - some tears to late!

Pierre I also thought so at first. It did end 1 minute after the auction opened but only because it had a buy now price and

was snapped up at the buy now price of R1495.

If you look at the winning bidder it says sold for R1495.00.

What baffles me is why Bidorbuy do not show the amount of R1495 instead of R1 on the main body of the auction

This auction was bought for R1,495.
View other items offered by mikef1310967

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Seeds and All
14 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Pierre I also thought so at first. It did end 1 minute after the auction opened but only because it had a buy now price and

was snapped up at the buy now price of R1495.

If you look at the winning bidder it says sold for R1495.00.

What baffles me is why Bidorbuy do not show the amount of R1495 instead of R1 on the main body of the auction

This auction was bought for R1,495.
View other items offered by mikef1310967

When creating an auction for singular items sellers are given the option of listing the auction at R 1.00 with No Reserve and to have a Buy Now price for that item. Because this was listed as an auction starting at R 1.00 the system will show the R 1.00 as the amount the auction closed at because the buyer made use of the Buy Now option when they made the purchase. That is why it says that the auction was bought for R 1495. Otherwise it would have said that the auction was won for R 1495.

Little Miss Muffet
5 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

When creating an auction for singular items sellers are given the option of listing the auction at R 1.00 with No Reserve and to have a Buy Now price for that item. Because this was listed as an auction starting at R 1.00 the system will show the R 1.00 as the amount the auction closed at because the buyer made use of the Buy Now option when they made the purchase. That is why it says that the auction was bought for R 1495. Otherwise it would have said that the auction was won for R 1495.

If Bidorbuy was programmed properly it would pick that up and say "The auction was bought for R1495" 

Seeds and All
9 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

If Bidorbuy was programmed properly it would pick that up and say "The auction was bought for R1495" 

210318092111_Forum%20Post.jpg

Little Miss Muffet
On 3/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, Seeds and All said:

210318092111_Forum%20Post.jpg

I realized afterwards that,that was there but I am referring to the main body of the listing

WOW!! HEAVY VINTAGE STERLING SILVER CHARM BRACELET WITH RARE POCKET KNIFE CHARM 72,0g WOW!!

1 was available / Secondhand
R1.00auction closed