Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Deleted Pictures.

wayjen

Morning all. I have just spoken to one of the verified sellers from BoB who introduced us to the site and he asked me if i knew anything about pictures that have been deleted from his auctions. From what i understand he has pictures missing form some of his posted items. I asked him if he has deleted any pictures from his pc, as on another forum i am active on if i delete pictures off my pc they are also deleted on said forum, so was thinking it might be that but he assured me he does not delete the pictures on his computer.

Does BoB delete pictures or auctions after a certain period?

thanks.

voldermort

What happens to my auctions/buy now is that after a few monthes you just get a broken link by your photos & you have to upload the images again. I think, though I may be mistaken that this only happens after nearly a year of the same auction/buy now.

It has nothing to do with deleting the photos from your pc.

wayjen

aaahh ha thanks voldermort, he did mention something about 2009 and now being 2010 so it seems it may be the link then. i will tell him tomorrow if i see him or phone him later today.

thanks much appreciated.

lilythepink

Wayjen - why don't you ask him to join the Forum? The more, the merrier.

Also, I don't think the pictures are deleted after a year - some of the ads I've had on have had their pics deleted 3 months afterwards!

Would appreciate Admin's advice on this. :confused:

wayjen
Wayjen - why don't you ask him to join the Forum? The more, the merrier.

Also, I don't think the pictures are deleted after a year - some of the ads I've had on have had their pics deleted 3 months afterwards!

Would appreciate Admin's advice on this. :confused:

Hi Janet, hows the day so far? i don't think they are into the forum side of it but they are very active members here and verified an all that but i did mention how fast admin is on questions asked here but ya it's entirely up to them.

regards,

wayne

lilythepink

Hi wayjen, hopefully Admin will be onto this and giving us answers before too much longer?!

wayjen

it's not a train smash but it's nice to know because if you have 10 000 or so items online you need to keep track on whats still showing up or not. I don't know how you guys keep track of all your stuff as we have about 600 give or take 100 items and i cannot even keep track.

voldermort

Hi Wayne

I have discovered that the best way to keep track of the items you are selling (especially when it becomes a lot) is to have a bunch of stuff - say 100/200 all ending at the same time on the same day.

So for example if you have a lot of books, make some end at 9m on Monday, some more end 9m Tuesday etc etc, which would also be good if + books you had antiques then those could end eg 11pm Monday, 11pm Tuesday & so on.

This is what I have done & it has proved a life-saver, I now know that every day I have books, LPS, DVDS ending at 6pm & stamps ending daily 7pm, so even if I am not at home to relist them I can do the relisting before they end.

If you have a lot of items up & the ending times are scattered throughout the day you will most probably end up getting swamped.

wayjen
Hi Wayne

I have discovered that the best way to keep track of the items you are selling (especially when it becomes a lot) is to have a bunch of stuff - say 100/200 all ending at the same time on the same day.

So for example if you have a lot of books, make some end at 9m on Monday, some more end 9m Tuesday etc etc, which would also be good if + books you had antiques then those could end eg 11pm Monday, 11pm Tuesday & so on.

This is what I have done & it has proved a life-saver, I now know that every day I have books, LPS, DVDS ending at 6pm & stamps ending daily 7pm, so even if I am not at home to relist them I can do the relisting before they end.

If you have a lot of items up & the ending times are scattered throughout the day you will most probably end up getting swamped.

morning voldermort and thanks for the heads up. As we are still learning and also learning from our mistakes all information i get from the forum and talking to people is very useful. when we started we had it running for a week or 2 from a specific start time to a specific end time but then i found the relist button but find that the items go off at odd times but it's all good as we are making money/sales all the time which is exciting.

Linka

Voldermort

I do not think it is wise to let 100/200 items end at the same time on the same day. Don't you think you are making it difficult for Buyers to go through the "Ending Soon" list.

I know if I have to go through 1 or 2 pages of the same Seller's items, I exit immediately.

voldermort

Perhaps you misunderstood what I was trying to say to wayjen.

I would not put 100/200 books to end at the same time on any given day but when you are selling 1000's of items you obviously need some kind of control unless you are able to stay at your pc 24/7.

That is why I suggested to wayjen to put items to end at the same time on the same day.

So if you narrow it down, if you are selling under militaria books, africana books, history & political books, fiction books, non-fiction books, cds, lps, dvds & so on, and you put 100/200 of these items to end on the same day & time you have maybe 10/15 items ending in each category.

If you are a seller you also need to make life easier for yourself & honestly unless a buyer just doesn't like what you are selling, I don't think scrolling past 10/15 of your items would be any hardship..........but to each his own, that was just my suggestion to wayjen.

lilythepink

I think voldermort's suggestion is a good one. And it is nice having a pro-active user like wayjen on the Forum!

admin

Hi wayjen,

In order to have your picture in your listing on bidorbuy, you need to upload the picture to your profile on bidorbuy or image hosting sites like Photobucket etc., you can not host it from your pc directly.

Pictures fail to show in listings for various reasons, I unfortunately only know of two. If it is hosted on bidorbuy and is not used for a period of time, which I do not know the time frame of, the link to the picture will not work anymore. As for hosting your picture on Photobucket etc. I believe they also remove unused links after a certain period. The other reason I know of is when the picture is in the wrong format or has characters in them that the bidorbuy system does not recognize.

wayjen

aaah ha thanks admin person. the pictures we take i edit them in photomeister then save them to my harddrive and then i upload them to BoB and all seems to be ok.

Linka

Perhaps you misunderstood what I was trying to say to wayjen.

I would not put 100/200 books to end at the same time on any given day but when you are selling 1000's of items you obviously need some kind of control unless you are able to stay at your pc 24/7.

That is why I suggested to wayjen to put items to end at the same time on the same day.

So if you narrow it down, if you are selling under militaria books, africana books, history & political books, fiction books, non-fiction books, cds, lps, dvds & so on, and you put 100/200 of these items to end on the same day & time you have maybe 10/15 items ending in each category.

If you are a seller you also need to make life easier for yourself & honestly unless a buyer just doesn't like what you are selling, I don't think scrolling past 10/15 of your items would be any hardship..........but to each his own, that was just my suggestion to wayjen.

If I go to the general "Ending Soon" list I do have to go through all 100/200 of your items. I like to browse to have an idea of what is listed and sometimes I come upon something I want to buy or a bargain about to close. The same with new items listed.

I am a Seller and in general have about 400 items listed - not at the moment. I try not to let more than 5 items end at one time. :)

voldermort

Well with the way that BOB has taken off recently, with many many new buyers & sellers registering it seems that there is going to be a whole lot more scrolling to do in the future.

Only a year ago not too many people had heard of BOB, now almost everybody has not only heard of them but is eager to start selling.

BOB - I don't know where you are advertising but it is definately working ;)

lilythepink

Yes, I've also noticed that BoB is becoming "busier". But, while we're on the subject - please could BoB bring back the little info column at the head of the home page so we can see how many users are online at any one time? I know it's not an "essential" but it is great to know there are people looking at our items. Please! ;)

wayjen

morning all. for us it was word of mouth and to be honest also a bit of a life line and so far so good it helps with the bills.

voldermort

I agree, a totally non-essential & yet sorely missed:(

retailrush
Yes, I've also noticed that BoB is becoming "busier". But, while we're on the subject - please could BoB bring back the little info column at the head of the home page so we can see how many users are online at any one time? I know it's not an "essential" but it is great to know there are people looking at our items. Please! ;)

Yes, I also miss this - please bring it back!

Tested Products

I support the above Bober's and it will give our sellers a good indication on the traffic ,time and days .

BumbleBee

I agree 100%, bring back, oh bring back, oh bring back our stats to us, to us.........:P

lilythepink
I agree 100%, bring back, oh bring back, oh bring back our stats to us, to us.........:P

"My Bonny lies over the ocean" ... perhaps that's where the stats are at present? lol;)