Pierre_Henri

Flogging a dead horse .... Please BOB change back to the Old Site

Pierre_Henri

As an "old timer" on BidorBuy , I have been in contact with many, many BidorBuy-sellers  over the past year.

100% of them are totally fed-up with the so-called "new site" and have either left for greener pastures or are considering it.

Are there any one left of BoB-management that can give the green light to change back to the "old" workable site?

In one second it would probably lift the BoB-revenue by probably 50% for years to come.

Pierre_Henri29098

100.00% Positive Ratings

Joined 10 Jun 2009

Cape Town

• Like 1

Allstar

Pierre, with only 29,000 ratings you have no idea what you are talking about, the Bidorbuy team who quite clearly neither use the platform nor test their development releases know better than you.

The issues is it looks like they wanted to get "fancy" and make a "unified platform" that works equally bad on desktop browser, mobile and app - they achieved the own goal!!

So they took what was a perfectly workable website, dumbed it down and called it a day.

From what I have heard is there is an enormous disconnect between the developers and the users, the developers couldn't give 2 shts what the users think, which is rather ironic and unfortunate and hence we sit where we do today.

• Like 2

Pierre_Henri
On 11/17/2020 at 11:23 PM, Allstar said:

Pierre, with only 29,000 ratings you have no idea what you are talking about, the Bidorbuy team who quite clearly neither use the platform nor test their development releases know better than you.

The issues is it looks like they wanted to get "fancy" and make a "unified platform" that works equally bad on desktop browser, mobile and app - they achieved the own goal!!

So they took what was a perfectly workable website, dumbed it down and called it a day.

From what I have heard is there is an enormous disconnect between the developers and the users, the developers couldn't give 2 shts what the users think, which is rather ironic and unfortunate and hence we sit where we do today.

It is unbelievable why a successful company like BidorBuy a few years ago, would jeopardize their future by introduce a new look/outlay that less than 10% of their user like.

What is even more unbelievable, is that their management must see day-by-day how their earnings have dropped dramatically.

Covid19 could be seen as the scrape goat  - but as we all know - it is not the problem.

The new site is the problem.

How many voices must go up before someone somewhere see the problem going on?

100.00% Positive Ratings

Joined 10 Jun 2009

Cape Town

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

I revert back to the old format all the time. There are a number of issues that seem to have retrogressed not progressed.

If I wanted to log out "log out " was right there on top visible but now we have to find it in a drop down menu like a number 

of other links like refine etc It is so frustrating and time consuming.

The page to upload was all in one,now we have 3 or 4 with the links all over the place UGH!!!

This new format must have been developed by a guy who got paid to mess it up by some rival online  website.

I detest it. 

Bidorbuy make no effort to communicate with users or address our concerns.☹️

Edited by Little Miss Muffet
  • Like 2

Pierre_Henri
17 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

This new format must have been developed by a guy who got paid to mess it up by some rival online  website.

I detest it. 

Ja well, like I have said numerous times before, the day the Penny finally drop at BoB Headquarters, it will probably be too late.

But as long as the old functional format is still available, we will all be able to keep limping along ...

Unfortunately, the day the old site is cut off,  it will all probably be over for many top-sellers like me.

Joined 10 Jun 2009
Cape Town
  • Like 1