Sign in to follow this  
GROOVIE COINS

Coins on e commerce

GROOVIE COINS

Good day

I see that coins are now being sold on another online platform. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the name on this forum but it there are no guesses as to who BoB's main competitor is when it comes to e commerce. 

The SA mint is listed as a seller which I find peculiar as I would have thought they would have selected Bidorbuy as one of their official online trading platforms, considering its extensive coin market base.

Then again you've got to be competitively priced to trade in an open market, so this could be the mint's strategy.

It will be interested to see what comes of this venture in the months to come.

regards Robert

jwither

For a limited like field like coins, it's tough to achieve any scale in multiple venues.  In the US, there have been others aside from eBay but none are really relevant.  At minimum, Yahoo and Amazon did or still do compete.

For the SA Mint, I'd guess that maybe they use it as free advertising.  No fees unless a sale occurs.  Not sure of BoB's fee structure but that's how it is eBay depending upon the option you choose.  High volume sellers can also maintain an eBay Store for a flat monthly fee.  I'd guess the SA Mint might be doing one of the two.

GROOVIE COINS
20 hours ago, jwither said:

For the SA Mint, I'd guess that maybe they use it as free advertising.  No fees unless a sale occurs. 

Good morning

You might be spot on. There I was on an uneventful Friday afternoon surfing the net for LPs, when upon a sudden the 2019 mint set pop up caught my eye. Very shrewed indeed!

Regards Robert

Edited by GROOVIE COINS

Pierre_Henri

Are you talking about Facebook?

They are not in competition with BidorBuy as far as commission sales are concerned (90% of my items sold on BoB are for clients on a commission basis) 

I cannot do this on Facebook as the spreadsheet - facility that BoB offers are not available on Facebook.

So one cannot keep track on what was sold say over the past month, who bought it, for what amount, etc unless you keep record of each and every transaction.

With BoB you just only draw a spreadsheet and all the info is immediately available over a period you can choose..

Having said that, the new BoB format are their Achilles heal and many big sellers are leaving for greener r postures because of this. It is hated by practically every seller I have talk to in the past year.

If BidorBuy converts back to the old site they will have really no competition in this country as far as the bigger sellers are concerned - their commission rates are fair for coins and we are all happy with that. 

GROOVIE COINS
On 10/10/2020 at 2:05 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

Are you talking about Facebook? 

Hi Pierre 

No I was referring to TakeAlot, and the same applies to them as well. As you say there's no history and their star rating system is rudimentary at best. Even sites like Amazon will indicate "verified purchase" next to the star rating.

But when it comes to rating systems and history of purchases, Bidorbuy is tops.

Regards Robert

Timeless Value

If you look closely at the listings you will note that it is not the SA Mint who have listed coins on the said website. 

GROOVIE COINS
14 hours ago, Timeless Value said:

If you look closely at the listings you will note that it is not the SA Mint who have listed coins on the said website. 

Correct, I see now that the SA mint has been listed as a "brand" under which these coins are being sold by Randburg coins.

So it's not the SA mint selling directly on this online platform as I initially thought.

Edited by GROOVIE COINS