LOMPIE

Dropshipping / International Located products

LOMPIE

Hi Guys,

I'm on BoB since march 2006.  Lately I am having trouble finding ANY local goods.  I searched for the following search criteria as individual searches:  "Pliers", "end nippers", "cup hooks" and many more.  All searches returned a few thousand "International" products but none from South Africa. 

I mean really, if I want to buy "cup hooks" from Ebay, Alliexpress, Bangood etc, I know how to go about doing so. However, if I go to Bidorbuy, I do not intend to visit a "Dropshipping Platform".  I tasked my son to do a few searches and he came up with the same outcomes on his different searches.

The attached shows the outcome for a search for "Pliers" returning 6296 Internationally located items and none from SA.

Please help me understand how I am going wrong as I cannot accept all results to be from abroad and no local responses on simple items like  "Pliers", "end nippers", "cup hooks".  These searches were done to prove the point, not because I need the items.

Regards

Lompie

Pliers on BoB.jpg

Edited by LOMPIE

LOMPIE
On 9/22/2020 at 4:14 PM, LOMPIE said:

Hi Guys,

I'm on BoB since march 2006.  Lately I am having trouble finding ANY local goods.  I searched for the following search criteria as individual searches:  "Pliers", "end nippers", "cup hooks" and many more.  All searches returned a few thousand "International" products but none from South Africa. 

I mean really, if I want to buy "cup hooks" from Ebay, Alliexpress, Bangood etc, I know how to go about doing so. However, if I go to Bidorbuy, I do not intend to visit a "Dropshipping Platform".  I tasked my son to do a few searches and he came up with the same outcomes on his different searches.

The attached shows the outcome for a search for "Pliers" returning 6296 Internationally located items and none from SA.

Please help me understand how I am going wrong as I cannot accept all results to be from abroad and no local responses on simple items like  "Pliers", "end nippers", "cup hooks".  These searches were done to prove the point, not because I need the items.

Regards

Lompie

Pliers on BoB.jpg

Hi Hello

This is a week later.  Could Management please respond. Thanks.

Lompie

All Music

@LOMPIE

If you are in need of a quick response it will be better to submit a ticket rather than trying your luck with a response on the forum.

• Like 1

The JJ Master
On 9/29/2020 at 9:38 PM, LOMPIE said:

Hi Hello

This is a week later.  Could Management please respond. Thanks.

Lompie

Hi @LOMPIE

Did you add any other refinement/filter on your search, or when you search do you search within a specific category?

The reason for my question is that I've simulated your search for  "Pliers", "end nippers", "cup hooks". There's not a lot of "end nippers" available (3 local and just under 100 international) and the same with "cup hooks" (210 local but not all of them are the cup hooks you looking for)

But if I search for Pliers globally within any category on bidorbuy I do get a result of 1611 local product. Now, this can be any plier from your general garage plier to a specific garden plier.

image.thumb.png.e76d5f5315dfa9365bdde24c426e0ed1.png

If there's a very specific plier you looking for you more than welcome to reach out to our support team, or alternatively you can DM me here with the information and I can assist you.