Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

12 Negative Ratings but you cannot see them...

All Music
3 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

This person  has 12 negative ratings - try to find them

What were they for? - why can't one see them (the negative ratings) ...??

https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/user/3831549/ReyMul9138

They are far from being the only user who has negative ratings that don't show up in the ratings. I would be interested to know what the reason is

admin

Hi Pierre & All Music,

Discreet listings ratings are only visible to the seller, buyer and bidorbuy.

Kind regards

Andries

ATA STAMP CENTRE

At 70% positive he should be blacklisted surely???

neil

• Upvote 1

All Music

Sorry about the screenshot above. It's not meant to be there and I can't seem to delete it.

All Music
3 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Can't seem to see the ratings following the above link - it's only returning an error

Doing that with me as well. However the point is that if you go through ratings you will eventually find some ratings for discreet sales.

Pierre_Henri

Am I missing something here?

So if you don't want people seeing your negative ratings then you do only discreet listings?

So the honest are punished and the dishonest just have to be discreet?

Is that how it now works on BidorBuy?

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri
55 minutes ago, Pierre_Henri said:

So if you don't want people seeing your negative ratings then you do only discreet listings?

Take your time and find the negative ratings of this seller with horrible ratings  - search everywhere  - you just cannot find them ....

TradeRouteAuctions
On 9/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

Atleast a negative rating must be shown without showing what the discreet item is

Now I see the point why many seller list the item discreet - even if it is not genuinely required.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
On 9/17/2020 at 7:03 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

Take your time and find the negative ratings of this seller with horrible ratings  - search everywhere  - you just cannot find them ....

True only shows positives

Very clean

However 70%

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri
On 9/19/2020 at 9:27 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

True only shows positives

Very clean

However 70%

So how long are we going to wait for BidorBuy to correct this horrible problem?

Are you guys working on this night and day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TradeRouteAuctions
On 10/27/2020 at 6:16 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

So how long are we going to wait for BidorBuy to correct this horrible problem?

Are you guys working on this night and day?

Once negative ratings exceed the positive - it would be nice if it only shows the Negative ratings only

• Like 1

Allstar
On 9/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Atleast a negative rating must be shown without showing what the discreet item is

Now I see the point why many seller list the item discreet - even if it is not genuinely required.

I used to also wonder about that, now it makes sense.

It's a problem that Bidorbuy allows this abuse, I've asked them before and they said some sellers want to protect the buyers of high value goods but that is bs, buyers may possibly want that but sellers don't care other than to game the system like you have outlined.

Allstar
On 9/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

It really is bizarre, by all means hide the name of the buyer if it's a discreet listing but show the rating.

ebay shows the rating despite being discreet, buyers name is blanked though.

• Like 1

Soft Service

Let me explain as it seems that no-one else bothers to explain this.

The user you are referring to is not a seller, he is a buyer.

On a seller's ratings profile, negative ratings are indeed shown but with the buyer's name replaced with the D symbol showing that it was a discreet item. All sales ratings are shown, regardless if the ratings are positive, neutral or negative.

However, no ratings for purchased are shown on a buyer's profile if the purchase was for a discreet item. This is true for positive, neutral or negative ratings. They show as a number in the ratings count, but no information about the rating is shown in the detailed ratings section. This is to prevent discreet items from showing on a buyer's purchase profile. For example, let's say a buyer purchases an adult rated product, this is obviously a discreet product and the buyer does not want anyone who views his/her profile to see that this has been purchased. Therefore the rating given by the seller to the buyer only shows in the numerical stats and no detailed rating is shown. The rating given by the buyer to the seller is still shown on the seller's profile with the product details but with the buyer's name hidden.

Hope that makes sense to you and explains why certain negative (or indeed positive, neutral) ratings are not shown.

Pierre_Henri
7 hours ago, Soft Service said:

Let me explain as it seems that no-one else bothers to explain this.

The user you are referring to is not a seller, he is a buyer.

On a seller's ratings profile, negative ratings are indeed shown but with the buyer's name replaced with the D symbol showing that it was a discreet item. All sales ratings are shown, regardless if the ratings are positive, neutral or negative.

However, no ratings for purchased are shown on a buyer's profile if the purchase was for a discreet item. This is true for positive, neutral or negative ratings. They show as a number in the ratings count, but no information about the rating is shown in the detailed ratings section. This is to prevent discreet items from showing on a buyer's purchase profile. For example, let's say a buyer purchases an adult rated product, this is obviously a discreet product and the buyer does not want anyone who views his/her profile to see that this has been purchased. Therefore the rating given by the seller to the buyer only shows in the numerical stats and no detailed rating is shown. The rating given by the buyer to the seller is still shown on the seller's profile with the product details but with the buyer's name hidden.

Hope that makes sense to you and explains why certain negative (or indeed positive, neutral) ratings are not shown.

So if you don't pay for your sex toys or whatever discreet things you bought, you will have no problems regarding your negative payment record?

Carry on sad sack .......

Little Miss Muffet

Surely Bidorbuy has grown enough to not need buyers and sellers who have a string of negatative

ratings that give Bidorbuy a bad name

Ebay would have suspended the accounts of some buyers on Bidorbuy long ago

It seems a good reputation does not matter to them.2019-08-12.thumb.jpg.0507fd1e6155bede2de45b32fb1fd140.jpg

2019-08-12.jpg

Edited by Little Miss Muffet
  • Like 1