Sign in to follow this  
All Music

Bid removed

All Music

There's an item of mine that someone placed a bid on but that bid has been removed. Anyone know how that might have happened? I did not remove it.

All Music
8 minutes ago, All Music said:

There's an item of mine that someone placed a bid on but that bid has been removed. Anyone know how that might have happened? I did not remove it.

Just seen an email that a bob admin had removed the bid. I shall wait to find out what it's all about.

The JJ Master

Hi @All Music

From time to time we do get requests in from buyers to remove bids on auctions.

Many of these requests are when a buyer places a bid and no longer wants the item(buyers remorse before they win the item), or wants to bid on a different item and sometimes we've seen crazy auto-bids (typos) which we remove on a users request.

If you send me the trade ID I can do a followup on the customer service side and see what the reasoning was?

All Music

@The JJ Master

Thank you for your reply

It's item 477638854

For me it's not a problem at all if a buyer changes their mind about an item. I just thought that the usual procedure was that the seller was contacted either by the bidder or by bob and that they (the seller) was the one who would delete the bid.

I also sent a ticket about this so they will also get back to me soon.

• Like 1

admin

Hi All Music,

Section 45 subsection (3) of the CPA says that a bid can be retracted before the auction closes and the bidder does not have to give a reason. Bidders have the option to request the bid to be deleted through the auctions Q&A or can request bidorbuy to delete the bid as sometimes the seller does not see the request in time before the auction closes. Hence the email from bidorbuy to the seller informing them that the bid was deleted as required by the CPA.

Either way the bid has to be deleted to comply with the ACT. The seller nor bidorbuy has a choice in this.

Kind regards

Andries

• Like 1

All Music
Posted (edited)

@admin

Thanks Andries, that clears it up for me. I am happy with your reply

It also saves the hassle of the auction closing and the buyer wasting the sellers time by inevitably  not following through on the payment.

Edited by All Music
Added
  • Like 1