naudeej

Strange new book seller

naudeej

Hi Fellow-booksellers and -buyers;

A new book dealer appeared on BoB offering a huge amount of books (more than 600 000) at rather ridiculously high prices, and apparently selling some of them. I'm wondering why a buyer will pay R400+ for a book listed by a few other dealers at around R40-R100?  He has sold around 45 books in the past month, but have received only 1 rating.  Something just doesn't seem right.

What do the other book dealers think? 

Can some of his buyers perhaps rate him or comment?  

Maningi BooksAntiques

Hi Naudeej

I have been in contact with BB about this seller. They totally backed up this seller....because he is making sales!!!!!!!

BoB don't give a hoot about us small hard working, honest sellers. This seller is definitely drop-shipping and going against at least 5 rules of selling on BB. Soon after I made complaints then I was harassed online with a dead sale then a phone call from someone with no return cell number..

Seller created an online .co.za bookstore then claimed his feed from website ws his mistakes. lol. BB are totally gullible. Seller copies and pastes images from World Books Amazon etc, into a csv database and then multiple posts them and an average cost of R340. Has multiple listings of the same book. When buyers search then they land on all of his books and our books are never viewed. We have no chance!!! Even if we put a R5 enhancement fee on an item..No Views whatsoever. Now I asked BB if I can also do the same!!! No reply!! If 10 of us sellers do exactly what he is doing then what will become of BOB..lol.. Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion that this seller is connected to an employee of BOB.. They have been told to do this to make money.

I have sent proof of all his wrong doings but I get really shallow replies from the person on the other end. My emails don't get escalated. I do know there are other Booksellers that are and have also complained to no avail.

I will not give up my fight to get this guy removed or for him to comply with reasonable prices and postings that are not copied from major international sites.. Seller knows squat about books!!! Wrong pricing (R23-000 for a kiddies book that sells for R40).

My sales have dropped to almost 0 since this seller has bombarded BB.

We can all stand together and be a monkey on BB's back.

Rozabooks

It also seems not to know the difference between fiction and non-fiction'.  I too have sold almost nothing since it appeared out of the blue.