Gera247

Serthentiasales - fraudulent scam. Buyer Beware!!!

Gera247

Please be aware that Serthentia Sales have been selling fake stones. By the look of it, my experience may well be one of a whole host of the same fraudulent scams (and I use the phrase advisedly).

I had bought what was listed as an  .80 carat "diamond" with a fake certificate of authenticity provided by IGR Laboratory (that I had to pay an extra R650.00 for). I sent the stone through to EGL South Africa, a highly regarded gem laboratory, used by the large majority of people who seek trustworthy expertise. Not only was this purported "natural diamond" not a diamond, it was a fake (synthetic) Moissonite (see proof below).

So obviously the stone has been returned to the seller and, surprise, surprise, I am still waiting for my money to be repaid (despite the guarantee they provide). They have sent me an email saying that I have been repaid, but refuse to provide any proof of payment in this regard.

The following appears to be the modus operandi: They put a stone up for sale ranging from emeralds through to rubies, diamonds and tanzanites amongst others. They tout each stone as genuine, natural gemstones and provide a (supposedly US based) Independent Gemological Research Laboratories Certificate (which one is able to go on-line and check prior to buying and can even print if one wants). However, what transpires is that either the Lab is a fake website, or the "real" gemstone is somewhere else and will definitely NOT be landing in your courier in-tray. Because they bargain on the fact that very few people would pay extra money (R650 to be exact) to get a certificate that is available free of charge on the web, the large majority of fake stones are sold without an accompanying certificate,  So, for example, they advertised and sold a 9.15 carat "Natural Cushion Cut Red Ruby" with Certificate number IGRL-64-86545 on the 26th of April, the 6th of May, the 13th of May and then again on the 17th of May. How do I know that they sold these? Because I had bid on one of them and lost the bid. They contacted me and offered the stone to me but (fortunately) before I could agree to buy, they notified me that it had been sold. Despite that, lo and behold, a week later the same size stone with exactly the same Certificate number was sold again. All you do is sell your lab created stones and reuse the same certificate over and over again. The same is true for an 8.10 Ct "Emerald" with Certificate number IGRL-64-86558 (sold 3 times).  

IMG-20200522-WA0006 (1).png

200421103249_IGRL-85-31263.jpg

DiamondsForever SA

I see they are selling them again on weekend special. Please be careful. Bidorbuy does nothing about this ?

Gera247

Despite continuing to virtually "badger" Bid or Buy to obtain their support in reporting Serthentiasales for fraud, they are literally pretending that I don't exist and are allowing Serthentiasales to trade. 

Dee_Kay

Good day Gera.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, you will be contacted shortly.

Reporting any and all suspicious behaviour is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.