sakkievs

Unethical sellers

sakkievs

What is your views on this scenario...

Seller places an item on R1 Crazy Wednesday auction. 

Auction runs its course and buyer wins the auction . Buyer pays for the item. 

Seller then contacts buyer with a BS story that the item has been sold somewhere else. But it also came out that seller was informed that the auction price realised is lower than the value of the item. 

Seller subsequently cancels order and refunds buyers money. 

How the heck is that ethical. 

What would you do if you were the seller?

I have taken beatings because i have not done proper research...But then i stand by my actions and sell the item even if it is far lower than what it is worth. My name is worth more than a few thousand rand. 

The JJ Master

Hi @sakkievs

From you post, it sounds very much unethical. 

Now bidorbuy can't force the seller to send you the goods, even if we wanted to. But we can have a good look at this scenario and if we see clear foul play we will take action(if haven't already done so) against his account.

Can you please share more information such as the order number or support ticket, either on this post or DM me?

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
12 hours ago, sakkievs said:

What is your views on this scenario...

Seller places an item on R1 Crazy Wednesday auction. 

Auction runs its course and buyer wins the auction . Buyer pays for the item. 

Seller then contacts buyer with a BS story that the item has been sold somewhere else. But it also came out that seller was informed that the auction price realised is lower than the value of the item. 

Seller subsequently cancels order and refunds buyers money. 

How the heck is that ethical. 

What would you do if you were the seller?

I have taken beatings because i have not done proper research...But then i stand by my actions and sell the item even if it is far lower than what it is worth. My name is worth more than a few thousand rand. 

Unethical YES, if they did this to you definitely they have done it in the past and succeeded.

I have had times where I listed and sold a pre-owned item and when it was about to packed found it is broken or any other issue, we usually offer buyers a chance to choose something similar. Buyer has the choice to decide another item or refund.

sakkievs
8 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Unethical YES, if they did this to you definitely they have done it in the past and succeeded.

I have had times where I listed and sold a pre-owned item and when it was about to packed found it is broken or any other issue, we usually offer buyers a chance to choose something similar. Buyer has the choice to decide another item or refund.

Exactly. 

sakkievs
20 hours ago, The JJ Master said:

Hi @sakkievs

From you post, it sounds very much unethical. 

Now bidorbuy can't force the seller to send you the goods, even if we wanted to. But we can have a good look at this scenario and if we see clear foul play we will take action(if haven't already done so) against his account.

Can you please share more information such as the order number or support ticket, either on this post or DM me?

Have sent you a PM. 

Thank you

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

It has happened to me on a few occasions over the years and if the buyer wins it for R1

R1 it is. The item is packed and posted like any normal sale

We win some and we lose some.

There have been times I have listed an item and transferred it to the R1 Wed crazy and realized a better price than I originally wanted

Either Bidorbuy run an ethical business and get rid of the unethical sellers or they will get a bad name

They need to take a harder line on sellers who "Just do not care"

Another thing I find is that if a buyer is not happy with an item and it has to be returned

the postage back should be at the sellers expense so that the buyer is returned to his/her original R0.00 before the transaction

HARD LOCKDOWN😆their accounts

• Like 1

sakkievs
2 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

It has happened to me on a few occasions over the years and if the buyer wins it for R1

R1 it is. The item is packed and posted like any normal sale

We win some and we lose some.

There have been times I have listed an item and transferred it to the R1 Wed crazy and realized a better price than I originally wanted

Either Bidorbuy run an ethical business and get rid of the unethical sellers or they will get a bad name

They need to take a harder line on sellers who "Just do not care"

Another thing I find is that if a buyer is not happy with an item and it has to be returned

the postage back should be at the sellers expense so that the buyer is returned to his/her original R0.00 before the transaction

HARD LOCKDOWN😆their accounts

Agreed. 

Must commend The JJ Master. He contacted me and this will be dealt with. 

• Like 1