Jump to content
bitesize

Why can a buyer change a set delivery fee?

Recommended Posts

bitesize

Why has Bob allowed buyers to change our listings regarding a set delivery fee?  I have two delivery options, Postnet and Pargo.  Long and frustrating story short, I find out this morning when a buyer with a negative rating placed an order that they could change my set delivery fee to zero.  They chose Postnet (yes I know, neither Postnet or Pargo are working at present) and then changed the fee to zero. 

I didn't get a notification (which I was told the second time round speaking to a consultant whereas the first one gave me all the wrong info) so Bob assumed I agreed with it whereas I had no knowledge of it until the order came through and couldn't decline.  

I have over 100 items listed, I left as is because there is no easy option to put the store on hold. I have now taken everything off.  The buyer never asked me if collection was available, he just told me to provide my address to he could collect on Monday.I don't allow collections except under certain circumstances of my choosing. Now I am trying to sort that out with his communication being staggered.  But that's not my why I'm posting this.

Why can the buyer change the set delivery fee?  I know what I have available and that's that.  The buyer can decide they don't want to pay and still expect a courier delivery.  Am I missing something here?  I was told that a buyer can change the delivery fee and I don't mean delivery option, the fee itself that I set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri
1 hour ago, bitesize said:

Why has Bob allowed buyers to change our listings regarding a set delivery fee?  I have two delivery options, Postnet and Pargo.  Long and frustrating story short, I find out this morning when a buyer with a negative rating placed an order that they could change my set delivery fee to zero.  They chose Postnet (yes I know, neither Postnet or Pargo are working at present) and then changed the fee to zero. 

I didn't get a notification (which I was told the second time round speaking to a consultant whereas the first one gave me all the wrong info) so Bob assumed I agreed with it whereas I had no knowledge of it until the order came through and couldn't decline.  

I have over 100 items listed, I left as is because there is no easy option to put the store on hold. I have now taken everything off.  The buyer never asked me if collection was available, he just told me to provide my address to he could collect on Monday.I don't allow collections except under certain circumstances of my choosing. Now I am trying to sort that out with his communication being staggered.  But that's not my why I'm posting this.

Why can the buyer change the set delivery fee?  I know what I have available and that's that.  The buyer can decide they don't want to pay and still expect a courier delivery.  Am I missing something here?  I was told that a buyer can change the delivery fee and I don't mean delivery option, the fee itself that I set.

If you have stated the actual shipping fee in your listing under the Shipping & Payment Options, you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, the buyer changed the delivery fee to zero, but that says nothing.

Maybe he thought that (as you say) private pickup was an option.

Just tell him that it is not and you cannot ship without him adding the shipping fee as you have clearly provided under your Shipping & Payment Options.

If he rates you negatively, there is no way that BidorBuy won't delete the rating.

The reason why buyers can change the shipping fee is that in some cases where  private pick-ups are indeed allowed, the buyer can change it to zero because both buyer & seller agreed to this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize

I'm not worried, I'm p'd off because Bob's system didn't alert me to a change so there was no agreement on my side and no discussion. This is why it's a bad idea on Bob's part. Especially since the buyer shouldn't be allowed to decide for the seller whether or not pickup is allowed. 

It opens a boat load of crap when the system doesn't send out a notification to the seller.

Never mind that I can't send out anything for delivery because I am not an essential supplier. Bob said I must tell the buyer to add shipping to avoid getting a negative.

Then exactly when do I send it as this lockdown won't be ending any time soon? 

The buyer hasn't given me an option of another day and now I will have no choice but to cancel the order due to signs of symptoms on my side.

These changes to bob haven't been the best so I think I'm done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
On 5/9/2020 at 4:24 PM, bitesize said:

Why has Bob allowed buyers to change our listings regarding a set delivery fee?  I have two delivery options, Postnet and Pargo.  Long and frustrating story short, I find out this morning when a buyer with a negative rating placed an order that they could change my set delivery fee to zero.  They chose Postnet (yes I know, neither Postnet or Pargo are working at present) and then changed the fee to zero. 

I didn't get a notification (which I was told the second time round speaking to a consultant whereas the first one gave me all the wrong info) so Bob assumed I agreed with it whereas I had no knowledge of it until the order came through and couldn't decline.  

I have over 100 items listed, I left as is because there is no easy option to put the store on hold. I have now taken everything off.  The buyer never asked me if collection was available, he just told me to provide my address to he could collect on Monday.I don't allow collections except under certain circumstances of my choosing. Now I am trying to sort that out with his communication being staggered.  But that's not my why I'm posting this.

Why can the buyer change the set delivery fee?  I know what I have available and that's that.  The buyer can decide they don't want to pay and still expect a courier delivery.  Am I missing something here?  I was told that a buyer can change the delivery fee and I don't mean delivery option, the fee itself that I set.

Yes, shipping fee editing has been there even before the system was updated. It's and old problem this should be resolved and editing option must be removed.

If the buyer changes the shipping fee, it will have a note to say buyer altered the shipping fee. I have had some buyers completing with courier fee and pay only the auction amount excluding shipping fee, that's another problem.

As a seller you have the right to reject this sale and do a refund (or) ask the buyer pays for shipping and wait until the lock down is lifted.

More than anything safety is more important in this lock-down times, best is to avoid a stranger making a direct contact by coming to collect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
On 5/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, bitesize said:

I'm not worried, I'm p'd off because Bob's system didn't alert me to a change so there was no agreement on my side and no discussion. This is why it's a bad idea on Bob's part. Especially since the buyer shouldn't be allowed to decide for the seller whether or not pickup is allowed. 

It opens a boat load of crap when the system doesn't send out a notification to the seller.

Never mind that I can't send out anything for delivery because I am not an essential supplier. Bob said I must tell the buyer to add shipping to avoid getting a negative.

Then exactly when do I send it as this lockdown won't be ending any time soon? 

The buyer hasn't given me an option of another day and now I will have no choice but to cancel the order due to signs of symptoms on my side.

These changes to bob haven't been the best so I think I'm done.

When an order is placed, bidorbuy will not share your address to buyers.

If you do not give them your address there is no way they can come knocking your door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize
1 hour ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Yes, shipping fee editing has been there even before the system was updated. It's and old problem this should be resolved and editing option must be removed.

If the buyer changes the shipping fee, it will have a note to say buyer altered the shipping fee. I have had some buyers completing with courier fee and pay only the auction amount excluding shipping fee, that's another problem.

As a seller you have the right to reject this sale and do a refund (or) ask the buyer pays for shipping and wait until the lock down is lifted.

More than anything safety is more important in this lock-down times, best is to avoid a stranger making a direct contact by coming to collect.

It's a big problem especially since their system of notifying the buyer doesn't work properly.  I didn't get a notification so was only away of it until after the buyer had placed the order and paid.  I tried to accommodate the buyer who didn't want to respond with a suitable day and time for both of us but current circumstances changed to the point that I had no choice but to cancel.  Bid or buy did the reversal thankfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize
1 hour ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

When an order is placed, bidorbuy will not share your address to buyers.

If you do not give them your address there is no way they can come knocking your door.

I know, I've been selling for around 12 years on bob.  I only have my postal address because had it been my physical address the buyer would have rocked up when he felt like it.  But it's been a long time coming with my decision to leave Bob and this made the final choice for me.  I have removed all of my listings so that's it for me with Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
On 5/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, bitesize said:

I know, I've been selling for around 12 years on bob.  I only have my postal address because had it been my physical address the buyer would have rocked up when he felt like it.  But it's been a long time coming with my decision to leave Bob and this made the final choice for me.  I have removed all of my listings so that's it for me with Bob.

Sorry to see you leaving 

you could always keep it as one of selling method 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
On 5/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, bitesize said:

I know, I've been selling for around 12 years on bob.  I only have my postal address because had it been my physical address the buyer would have rocked up when he felt like it.  But it's been a long time coming with my decision to leave Bob and this made the final choice for me.  I have removed all of my listings so that's it for me with Bob.

I also had an order last night where it seemed as if the buyer changed the shipping to R 0 but when I asked her she said it changed by itself. I have to wonder... Are these incidents connected?

@The JJ Master

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize

Did you get any notification about it? Bob admin claims a notification is sent to the seller who then can agree to or decline the change. Except that I didn't get one and I was not given any option to decline.

I removed over 100 items on my profile and am now selling through Facebook. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize
On 5/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Sorry to see you leaving 

you could always keep it as one of selling method 

No I'm done. Done with being charged on delivery, done with over rated fees, done with a system that lets the buyer rule our listings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
14 minutes ago, bitesize said:

Did you get any notification about it? Bob admin claims a notification is sent to the seller who then can agree to or decline the change. Except that I didn't get one and I was not given any option to decline.

I removed over 100 items on my profile and am now selling through Facebook. 

That is BS. I have had plenty of orders where the buyer has admitted to editing the shipping and I have NEVER received a notification to agree or decline. Whoever told you that was thumb sucking an answer. The only notification you will receive is when you receive the order it will state, "The calculated shipping amount R95.00 was altered to R0" In 14 years I have never been offered the option to accept or decline a change to the calculated shipping fee.

It is sad to see so many long time sellers leaving BoB. I had a chat with the operations manager yesterday and all I can say is that he does't seem too eager to keep us old timers around... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize

I agree total BS. Even more BS was the first conversation I had with Bob about it. I was told that because of the buyer's negative the profile would be suspended, the order and payment cancelled. All lies.

Then I got a new set of stories. 

Bob has let sellers down. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
9 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

It is sad to see so many long time sellers leaving BoB. I had a chat with the operations manager yesterday and all I can say is that he does't seem too eager to keep us old timers around... 

That is sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
9 hours ago, bitesize said:

No I'm done. Done with being charged on delivery, done with over rated fees, done with a system that lets the buyer rule our listings.

@bitesize all the very best to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...