Sign in to follow this  
Gamersden

Unenhanced listings getting no views

Gamersden

Hi guys I was wondering if I could pick your minds for a sec. I've been selling on bidorbuy for the last 2 years and I must say I've not done as well as I thought I would've have (1 sale for the last 3 months). I've played with titles, descriptions. I've also tried using deal of the week, auctions and even enhancements. But what I've noticed is that my listings don't get a lot of views and in a lot of cases they get no views.

Before I go any further I should say that I sell video games and accessories. My question is, does the amount of listings you have dictate where on the pages your listings will appear. So what I've noticed is that the bigger sellers seem to have their listings on the first 10 pages whereas If I don't use enhancements then I see that my listings  appear on page 30 and upwards.

I did ask bidorbuy but I didn't get an answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

BravoLima

Hi Gamersden

I personally can only speak from my own experience, which is that the amount of listings one has does not actually dictate where they appear (page 1 , 2 etc) although I believe that enhancements do have an effect

That being said though, I have in the past listed items with up to 4 enhancements each and seen later that they appear closer to page 20 - 30 but not the 1st 10 pages at all, and there were times when NO enhancements on an item placed it later within the 1st 10 pages.... so I have no idea how that actually works.  Wish I did though :)      It could also be that the item moves up the pages by amount of bids before it closes (hot item), but again...I cannot say with certainty

There are however quite a few here who are way way more clued up on all this than I am and I'm sure one of them will reply when they're online

TradeRouteAuctions
12 hours ago, Gamersden said:

Hi guys I was wondering if I could pick your minds for a sec. I've been selling on bidorbuy for the last 2 years and I must say I've not done as well as I thought I would've have (1 sale for the last 3 months). I've played with titles, descriptions. I've also tried using deal of the week, auctions and even enhancements. But what I've noticed is that my listings don't get a lot of views and in a lot of cases they get no views.

Before I go any further I should say that I sell video games and accessories. My question is, does the amount of listings you have dictate where on the pages your listings will appear. So what I've noticed is that the bigger sellers seem to have their listings on the first 10 pages whereas If I don't use enhancements then I see that my listings  appear on page 30 and upwards.

I did ask bidorbuy but I didn't get an answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Main selling points are

1. Reasonable price, must be cheapest to sell of quick

2. Lower shipping costs.

3. Usual auction techniques for  a sale is to start auctions with R 1 no reserves, but there is a risk of selling below costs.

4. Definitely enhancement will help if all above 3 points are followed.

If you just enhance with higher price and higher shipping there will be no sale still.

TradeRouteAuctions

Further keeping a listing header short and specific helps to bring it in the first few search pages.

Gamersden

Hi TradeRouteAuctions.

Thanks for the advice. The first 4 points that you suggested I've definitely done. I made sure to triple check my prices against other sellers on bidorbuy, Shipping charges on my account are set as follows, pargo R60, postnet R99 and the courier guy R80. As for the auctions I did try crazy wednesday and snap Friday but I must be honest and say that the few times I'm did them I ended up losing money. As for enhancements I do use them but I've only used the featured and priority enhancements. I wonder if I should try some of the others.

I'll definitely look at my header's and see if I can shorten them. Do you think the amount of listings plays apart. It feels like it's something super small that I'm missing.

Once again thank you for the advice.

Gamersden
13 hours ago, BravoLima said:

Hi Gamersden

I personally can only speak from my own experience, which is that the amount of listings one has does not actually dictate where they appear (page 1 , 2 etc) although I believe that enhancements do have an effect

That being said though, I have in the past listed items with up to 4 enhancements each and seen later that they appear closer to page 20 - 30 but not the 1st 10 pages at all, and there were times when NO enhancements on an item placed it later within the 1st 10 pages.... so I have no idea how that actually works.  Wish I did though :)      It could also be that the item moves up the pages by amount of bids before it closes (hot item), but again...I cannot say with certainty

There are however quite a few here who are way way more clued up on all this than I am and I'm sure one of them will reply when they're online

Hi BravoLima.

Thanks for the reply. I must be honest and say that I'm confused about how the position of ones listings works. I've tried what bidorbuy recommends on the help section but to my knowledge it hasn't made a difference. But like you say hopefully someone with way more knowledge than me can answer this.

TradeRouteAuctions
12 hours ago, Gamersden said:

Hi TradeRouteAuctions.

Thanks for the advice. The first 4 points that you suggested I've definitely done. I made sure to triple check my prices against other sellers on bidorbuy, Shipping charges on my account are set as follows, pargo R60, postnet R99 and the courier guy R80. As for the auctions I did try crazy wednesday and snap Friday but I must be honest and say that the few times I'm did them I ended up losing money. As for enhancements I do use them but I've only used the featured and priority enhancements. I wonder if I should try some of the others.

I'll definitely look at my header's and see if I can shorten them. Do you think the amount of listings plays apart. It feels like it's something super small that I'm missing.

Once again thank you for the advice.

Definitely the other factors

1. Higher number of positive ratings..

2. Longer you trade -  number of years and repeat customers

3. When you have increase amount of listings it will help buyers to buy more than 1 item combined to save on shipping.

4. I have difficulty selling items value below R 500 - buyers do not want to pay the R 60 to R 99 shipping fee on top.

Gamersden
On 4/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Definitely the other factors

1. Higher number of positive ratings..

2. Longer you trade -  number of years and repeat customers

3. When you have increase amount of listings it will help buyers to buy more than 1 item combined to save on shipping.

4. I have difficulty selling items value below R 500 - buyers do not want to pay the R 60 to R 99 shipping fee on top.

Thanks for all the tips and advice, I really do appreciate it.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
10 hours ago, Gamersden said:

Thanks for all the tips and advice, I really do appreciate it.

Most welcome Gamersden, all the very best for your online store to be a success story.