Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

The Most Horrible Feature of the New Layout

Pierre_Henri

Of all the negative things about the new layout, the following is the worst…

If you click on an item, you first see only the heading and thumbnail picture, and THEN the link(s) to “More items from this seller” and “Payment Options

Most buyers stop looking there and stops scrolling down as they are inquisitive and want to look at the “other items”…

But actually the listing has not even started!

One has  to scroll further down to see the actual listing’s description and picture(s).

I get untold numbers of questions regarding the descriptions and pictures of the item(s) I am listing as the buyers do not realize that they must keep on scrolling down to see the actual listing’s description and pictures.

BoB, PLEASE put the More items from this sellerright at the bottom of the listing and keep the buyers’ focus on the actual item that is listed – how obvious is that?

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
21 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

BoB, PLEASE put the More items from this sellerright at the bottom of the listing and keep the buyers’ focus on the actual item that is listed – how obvious is that?

True

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri
Posted (edited)

Here is my daily example - the bidder doesn't realize that he must scroll down when he click on the listing - the new layout practically stops him halfway down!

Edited by Pierre_Henri

Pierre_Henri

In this extreme times of difficulty and angst, why cant BidorBuy do the right thing and just convert back to the previous format, at least for a period of say 1 month - I see that the Crazy Wednesday's have all but collapsed  - as sellers we don not need the current format to also work against us....we have enough problems keeping us afloat in these difficult times.

All Music

I don't know if it's something new or maybe I'm just seeing it for the first time, but on the seller page in the new format there is now a link highlighted in orange that takes you back to the previous website.

anthony03
Posted (edited)

It looks to me that BOB does not care about the sellers on the forum . There are loads of pertinent questions which remain UNANSWERED . Not good enough

Edited by anthony03

Pierre_Henri
On 3/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

Here is my daily example - the bidder doesn't realize that he must scroll down when he click on the listing - the new layout practically stops him halfway down!

Here we go again with a daily example .....

Question: Hi. What is the contents of silver in these coins and what do they weigh?
03 Apr 13:07

Answer: Just keep on scrolling down on the listing - everything is there. But here it is again. The 4 coins were all struck in 90% pure silver and are the 5 Licente (2.8 g), 10 Licente (5.68 g), 20 Licente (11.28 g) and crown-size 50 Licente ( 28.10 g).

Kingdom of Lesotho: Independence Commemorative Silver Proof Coinage Issue of 1966

With the new layout, bidders are stopped dead in their tracks scrolling down and read the actual listing!!!

BoB, PLEASE put the More items from this seller” right at the bottom of the listing and keep the buyers’ focus on the actual item that is listed – how obvious is that?

Jacques Kuun

Hello Pierre-Henri.  I could not agree with you more.  I have been listing about 150 items using the old format and thus pre-viewing them all in the old format.  After reading your post, I went into the new format to see the difference in the appearance.  What a shock!  Empty and useless spaces that should have been used for the product information.  As you have said:  keep the buyers’ focus on the actual item that is listed. 

Regards, Jacques

• Like 1