Sign in to follow this  
GROOVIE COINS

New platinum coins

GROOVIE COINS
Posted (edited)

Just when you thought the life of a legend series came to an end... HA! Think again.

For those who missed out on the 2017 platinum krugerrands, don't fret. It seems we'll be graced with new platinum collector or bullion series. 

The SARB plans to launch a brand new platinum Madiba coin in the coming months. I was concerned we'd reached the end of the road on Mandela coins, but thankfully the SARB has realized a gap in the market and got the big wheel turning, again.

With a precious metal like platinum, this collector coin is sure to be aimed at the higher end of the numismatic market. 

News article to follow.

regards Robert.

Edited by GROOVIE COINS

jwither
Posted (edited)

My prediction is that like most other mint issued NCLT (South Africa and elsewhere), decades from now it is destined to sell for a nominal (if any) premium to the metal content, lost in a sea of obscurity and mediocrity. 

Without even looking at your link, I already know it is yet another uninteresting non-collector coin which is hopelessly uncompetitive as a collectible with ZAR and Union anywhere near the same price range.

Edited by jwither