CNT Distributors

RUDE, OBNOXIOUS BUYERS AND A POSSIBLE SOLUTION?

CNT Distributors

As sellers on Bid or Buy we really are subjected to the worst buyer / customer abuse I've ever seen.  I've been a seller with Bid or Buy since November 2012 but recently I've noticed a trend that buyers are becoming much more aggressive, rude and obnoxious.  I have tried the age old tricks such as staying calm, not reacting, not taking it personally, listening and trying to sort out the issues but I am just at maximum tolerable levels at the moment.  

Sellers list their items, giving as much information with regards to payment, checkout, shipping charges and delivery times.  Still buyers do not read this information and then it is the responsibility of the seller to deal with the fall out and negative ratings.  We spend an inordinate  amount of time to educate buyers on how to purchase on the Bid or Buy platform.

Bid or Buy have rules and regulations for sellers and we strictly have to adhere to them as failure to do so will result in a suspended account.  What is the actual repercussions for a buyer?  They open and close accounts as they see fit with no recourse for the unpaid items, negative ratings or actions.  I currently have one hundred and twenty six blocked buyers on my platform.  

I would like Bid or Buy to consider only opening an account for a buyer on their system which is linked to an identification number and verified physical address.  Once the identification number and verified physical address is linked the buyer has to stick to their platform and can't as easily just open a new platform once theirs are riddled with negativity.

TradeRouteAuctions

Sorry to hear this, did you also contact BOB customer care?

CNT Distributors

Yes, contacted customer care and was advised the rules of rating:  

1.1. Rating rules for Buyers:
1.1.1. You are only permitted to rate a user who is a Seller if you have interacted (bought from, won an auction, completed an order) with that Seller, and if you were the successful bidder in an Auction or bought a Buy Now and completed the purchase of those goods or services with that Seller ("Rating Criteria"). You may not provide a rating for a Seller outside the Rating Criteria.
1.1.2. Buyer’s ratings to Sellers may only include commenting on the:
1.1.2.1. quality of the item purchased.
1.1.2.2. delivery of the item, which may include the cost, time frame and packaging quality.
1.1.2.3. service and communication from the seller.
1.1.2.4. overall transaction experience.

I summarize this to say that whatever the buyer "feels" is permissible as a rating.  There is no grounds for fact.    

TradeRouteAuctions
39 minutes ago, CNT Distributors said:

I summarize this to say that whatever the buyer "feels" is permissible as a rating.  There is no grounds for fact.    

After all, If you still think the buyer rated you unfairly - Bidorbuy will definitely assist in altering.

It doesn't help all times, but does sometimes.