Sign in to follow this  
fascinationssa

WE NEED MORE PROTECTION FROM BUYERS

fascinationssa

THE FOLLOWING HAPPENED  YESTERDAY

i went into the system to relist an item that had closed (10 bottles of Glutathione capsules) whch is usually listed for R3347..00

I decide to slightly edit the listing price by reducing the cost by R200.00

I go and highlight the 347 at the end of the price with intention to replace it with 147... i was in a hurry and didnt check the listing once it went live......fast forward to two hours later,now 7pm,

my phone shows i have a msg on bid or buy,i couldnt get to i as I was driving.

a few min later i receive an order notification and payment notification by mobicred....when i open it i realise the amount is odd....i dont have any listing for that amount.

i open bid or buy and realise to my horror that the numbers on my laptop were locked and the price was just left at R3!! 🤢

I IMMEDIATELY contact the customer via public notes and alert them of the human error and apologise profusely.

i then go to my listing and correct it.

i ask Bidorbuy to reverse the order and refund the customer

today I am BOMBARDED with treatening Whatsapp msgs from the buyer,who insists on getting 70 bottles (she/he) placed 7 orders of 10...meaning its 70 bottles......AT R21 !!!!

i explain that i have not processed a payout request and that I can still reverse the purchase...I am still to this minute receiving msg after msg even after i asked the buyer to rather use the official platform for all correspondence...

i logged a complaint at which point I was told its obvious human error and the order willbe reversed....the customer barks up some story about consumer acts and the rest of it and the reversal does not take place...yet.... 

i have begged and pleaded with the customer to try understand but she obviously insists of geting everything for nothing....what can I do

PyramidCurtains

1 - rule always triple check price before you go live ,  contact bob  , block the whatsapp threat  - i suppose a negative rating might be more bearable than a a loss of RRRRk . when buyers do not pay we file a snc, i am certain bob will understand. good luck

Edited by PyramidCurtains

All Music

"I am having difficulty with New BoB on my tablet, I access the site via Chrome and when I bid on something I am unable to reflect the two decimal places, the keypad does not permit the insertion of a decimal place, this means I key in 30 instead of 30.00 ....it may not sound like a big deal but when your software recalls similar bids in the past it is dead easy to bid 300.00 from an old bid....its happened to me a few times but I spotted the problem in time. This also happens on the screen where you record your bid limit, and here I pick up an additional second problem, having keyed in the upper limit the system seems reluctant to accept it (after keying in "submit") when it eventually responds my bid does not even reflect against the item I have bid on...I then have to try again."

Fascinationssa are you saying it was your fault for not entering the figure correctly? The above is a quote from another forum thread re issues with typing in figures on keypad using the new bob. Link to the page below (can't work out how to insert a quote from a different thread)

https://forums.bidorbuy.co.za/topic/9574-new-bid-or-buy-format/?do=findComment&comment=83982

Edited by All Music
Inserted quotation marks

TradeRouteAuctions
20 hours ago, fascinationssa said:

i have begged and pleaded with the customer to try understand but she obviously insists of geting everything for nothing....what can I do

Similar situation happened to me in the past, I was sending out offers on closed items and by mistake for a R 2500 item I keyed in 250 and sent it out all bidders and watch list users - immediately a buyer accepted the offer.

I realized the mistake and withdrew all other offers and contacted the 1 buyer who accepted and paid for, and they gladly accepted as it was a genuine mistake and ridiculously low offer.

Partly now your problem is due to new SYSTEM glitch - Due to buyer giving hard time and difficult to please, Bidorbuy customer care should intervene and explain to your buyer on your behalf if they haven't already done so.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon.