Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Bank Details listed in payment section. And tracking numbers in ratings.

JPBon

Can the team please clarify the following from the listing policy:

2.2. No contact details of any sort (including telephone numbers and email addresses) are permitted in the description or in responses to questions from the Q & A facility, this includes advertising your business or services even if no contact details are included.

does this include banking details.

Admin (andries i think) suggested I ask this here,

I have strong feelings that bank details being listed on items could lead to sales being made and bypassing the site. Its not hard to get some users real names and details and then bypassing the site.

Another question is the proper stance on tracking numbers being sent via ratings. Is this a complete NO NO cause it seems quite prevalent with some.

Vegar

I update the rating with the tracking number. Never thought there could be any objection to this ??? This way the buyer can't lose the tracking number - and cant claim it was not sent :)

JPBon
I update the rating with the tracking number. Never thought there could be any objection to this ??? This way the buyer can't lose the tracking number - and cant claim it was not sent :)

Vegar it can lead to scams...i could per say track some of your sent items find some which are around me and go fetch them with one of my 200 fake id's

admin

Hi Vegar,

bidorbuy decided not to allow tracking numbers in ratings because of ID theft, and what JPBon said ;)

Vegar

Oh come on!!! really! someone would go to the trouble of checking feedback in the hope of finding a recent tracking number so they can go steal a vase??? and how would they know the address? the whole site would have to be hacked wide open.

There is too much criminal thinking around here, bordering on paranoid. 200 fake ID's ... get real :rolleyes:

True, there have been a few cases of fraud and I expect more will come to light but it is still the exception rather than the rule - 99% of people are functionally honest.

JPBon
Oh come on!!! really! someone would go to the trouble of checking feedback in the hope of finding a recent tracking number so they can go steal a vase??? and how would they know the address? the whole site would have to be hacked wide open.

There is too much criminal thinking around here, bordering on paranoid. 200 fake ID's ... get real :rolleyes:

True, there have been a few cases of fraud and I expect more will come to light but it is still the exception rather than the rule - 99% of people are functionally honest.

You would be surprised what some people would get up to, I recently went to collect a parcel (not from BOB) and it had been collected....they had the ID and evrything, not mine that is, when we tried to do a trace on the number it turns out to belong to a dead person.

Seems the PO will give anyone who comes and says they collecting...the goods.

admin

Hi Vegar,

I just print out the SAPO track and trace page on the status of my parcels and send someone from work to fetch it for me, never had any problems from the PO doing that, no address needed when you pick up a parcel, only the ID of the person picking up the parcel which anyone can do, does not matter to whom the parcel is addressed, except when it is registered.

Vegar

Ok, so now I am a bit more criminally educated ... I think I will go and join BoB on Facebook ;)

JPBon
Ok, so now I am a bit more criminally educated ... I think I will go and join BoB on Facebook ;)

Its amazing what you can learn on here, I think we should call it lesson 101