Jump to content
TradeRouteAuctions

CoronaVirus

Recommended Posts

Little Miss Muffet

My husband and I are 73 and 69 respectively and are fortunate to have 6 sources of income

How the corona virus can affect us and has affected us

1) He worked in Insurance all his life (Pension income)   ---Investments  unstable

2) Part of our house was turned into a granny flat   --Lodger in stable job but what if she is retrenched>

3) I sell jewellery on Takealot-----I will not go to supplier until winter is over --Takealot is close

4) My husband has been running a doggie home care business for 10 years-----closed

5) My husband works 3 half days a week for my son--Business closed

6) I sell on Bidorbuy------Posting not confirmed

Now how is it possible for the poor to survive. A 21 day lockdown is only the beginning.

I still count myself fortunate.

Edited by Little Miss Muffet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The JJ Master
On 3/24/2020 at 7:53 AM, bitesize said:

Ok how can I put my shop on vacation without having to edit every single item? With Hello Pretty it's a few clicks and hey shop on vacay until a certain time then it automatically opens up. I want to put my things on hold until after the lockdown without going through over 100 items individually.

Hi @bitesize

 

If you still want to do this, please send me a DM.

 

Can do big download of all your listings, and assist you after the lock-down to load them again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize

Thanks I think I have it sorted :-D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
6 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

My husband and I are 73 and 69 respectively and are fortunate to have 6 sources of income

How the corona virus can affect us and has affected us

1) He worked in Insurance all his life (Pension income)   ---Investments  unstable

2) Part of our house was turned into a granny flat   --Lodger in stable job but what if she is retrenched>

3) I sell jewellery on Takealot-----I will not go to supplier until winter is over --Takealot is close

4) My husband has been running a doggie home care business for 10 years-----closed

5) My husband works 3 half days a week for my son--Business closed

6) I sell on Bidorbuy------Posting not confirmed

Now how is it possible for the poor to survive. A 21 day lockdown is only the beginning.

I still count myself fortunate.

Thank you for sharing the details. I think most people worldwide are affected in some way.

At this moment we must just focus on not contracting the virus. Also to physiologically stay healthy because everything came to a sudden halt and our minds are wandering.

I wish you and your family all the very best.

Poor and 21 day lock down survival / staying healthy is really a difficult one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

I would have thought that by now that Bidorbuy would have informed buyers of any

restrictions of selling online Re: shipping etc.

Should we carry on as normal and list/sell etc.---No word from Bob?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

My store still sale happens 1 or 2 a day, I notify them about the lock down and cannot ship until the lock down ends.

I pasted email from BoB CEO Craig couple of days before. We can keep busy listing I think.

There is notification saying below when you open website

 

notification.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
9 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

I would have thought that by now that Bidorbuy would have informed buyers of any

restrictions of selling online Re: shipping etc.

Should we carry on as normal and list/sell etc.---No word from Bob?????

Also the below link has some info

 

https://blog.bidorbuy.co.za/2020/03/covid19-update

 

Covid19 Update

March 26, 2020

The current coronavirus situation is unprecedented, and has already caused disruption to the way we all work, socialize and shop. Despite this disruption, we continue to stand by our first principles: doing our best to care for all members of the bidorbuy community.

We will update this page as the situation evolves, check back for new information.

You can also read more information on the COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal – https://sacoronavirus.co.za/.

We’ve implemented the recommended protocols to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our team members, customers and partners. That means making a few changes to our operations: 

  • During the lockdown period the bidorbuy team will be working remotely to comply with social distancing and government lockdown guidelines.
  • For now, we’ve put a pause on all business travel.
  • We’ll be conducting all our meetings online – and the same goes for our bidorbuy Meetups.
  • We’ll continue to monitor the coronavirus situation closely, and keep you updated about any extra steps that we may need to take.  
Sellers-mailer-corona-Top-Banner-Mailer-

Delivery delays during the lockdown

During the lockdown, you’ll be able to buy products on bidorbuy as usual. However, unless they’re essential goods, deliveries will only happen once the lockdown is lifted.

Use bidorbuy’s preferred delivery options for shipping you can trust

Most of our courier partners have confirmed that they will still be able to collect, distribute and deliver essential goods. You can use the “Ask a question” link to check with sellers if there’ll be a delay on delivery of your bidorbuy purchases.

  • Pargo will still be delivering essential goods to key pick up points – select the Pargo Pick Up Points filter to take advantage of this service.
  • Our courier partners powered by uAfrica remain operational for all essential goods. Shop from sellers that offer tracked courier delivery for added peace of mind.
  • Clean up with tracked courier deliveries of essential goods from Smollan, fulfilled by Parcelninja.

Brighten someone’s day (or your own!)

Got friends or family members who’ll be celebrating special occasions during the lockdown? If you can’t be there, send a smile with one of our digital vouchers (or treat yourself). They’re delivered instantly, and let people buy games or content from PlayStation, Xbox, Showmax, Spotify, Google Play and more.

This situation is bigger than any of us, and it’s important that we all work together in a spirit of cooperation and compassion to limit the spread of the disease and do the right thing by our fellow South Africans.

Keep safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Music

I have complete faith that all buyers will fully understand the situation but as an additional measure I have changed all my listings to auction to close on the 17th April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
2 hours ago, All Music said:

I have complete faith that all buyers will fully understand the situation but as an additional measure I have changed all my listings to auction to close on the 17th April.

Wonderful, I have a lot of R 1 auctions started before the Lock down started and ending during the lockdown - I couldn't do anything but just to wait and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

We will not come out of lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

Lets be positive, it can be months before we get our full freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

For the first time today, after being on high alert for over six weeks, I felt a bit 

more relieved as my son and daughter-in-law have been working at home for 2 weeks and seem to have showed no symptoms

I know there are many other people in a far worse position but I have helped wherever I could or saw a need.

It is heartbreaking to see the number of citizens in our country who have no access to internet and do not realize

the gravity of the situation.

I managed to get some constructive things done today

Hope you and yours are on top of it all. Keep safe

 

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

Happy to hear about your Son and family are safe.

 

We are all self isolating and we started staying indoors even before President officially announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

I noticed some of the sellers (Crazy Wednesday & weekends specials) offering deliveries during this Lock down period.
Not sure which couriers are still working delivering non essential goods.
Hope it doesn't end up as a head ache to BOB operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/346827-the-cure-should-not-be-worse-than-the-virus-sa-businesses.html

 

South African logistics and ecommerce businesses are asking Trade and Industry Minister Ebrahim Patel to allow the transport and delivery of goods with no human contact.

These businesses argue that allowing all goods to be transported domestically by professional courier companies will allow many businesses to continue operating.

They add that these sectors provide a valuable service to society while not adding undue risk to the further spread of COVID-19.

“We hereby request that you seriously consider allowing approved courier companies adhering to stringent preventative measures to transport all goods domestically,” the letter reads.

“We can play a vital part in not only preventing the spread of the virus, but ensuring the well-being of South Africans – please allow us to do this.”

The open letter to Patel has already been signed by over 1,000 logistics and ecommerce businesses and executives in South Africa.

Prominent signatories include uAfrica’s Andy Higgins, Bidorbuy’s Craig Lubbe, The Courier Guy’s Stephen Gleisner, and Courierit SA’s Marnie Dreyer Shaik.

Open letter

The full open letter to Patel is published below.

The letter and signatures can be seen here: DearEbrahimPatel.co.za

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

I see the Wed crazy auctions are continuing .How are people shipping goods? Sorry to ask this --do not feel like reading through posts to find an answer Hope you are well Trade Route

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

All well LMM, missed your presence since past week. Hope the social distancing are carrying on. How is your Son and family back in UK?

I think crazy Wednesday sale happens not sure if they are all going to be shipped after lock down ends.

Thought the government will open Online sale of non essential goods but it's yet to happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

My family in Uk are all well and working from home.Seems the BCG our kids had may help with the coronavirus but just a theory from medical  science

It would help all the poor kiddies and young adults in poorer communities.

The Uk does not do bcg but luckily when my grandkids visited South Africa they had to have the BCG

I just have to get my mind back to doing something constructive as Wed crazy seem to be going well.

Keep safe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
3 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

I just have to get my mind back to doing something constructive as Wed crazy seem to be going well.

All the best with that.

 

BCG still not sure if it has any effect or not same with HCQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
On 4/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/346827-the-cure-should-not-be-worse-than-the-virus-sa-businesses.html

 

South African logistics and ecommerce businesses are asking Trade and Industry Minister Ebrahim Patel to allow the transport and delivery of goods with no human contact.

These businesses argue that allowing all goods to be transported domestically by professional courier companies will allow many businesses to continue operating.

They add that these sectors provide a valuable service to society while not adding undue risk to the further spread of COVID-19.

“We hereby request that you seriously consider allowing approved courier companies adhering to stringent preventative measures to transport all goods domestically,” the letter reads.

“We can play a vital part in not only preventing the spread of the virus, but ensuring the well-being of South Africans – please allow us to do this.”

The open letter to Patel has already been signed by over 1,000 logistics and ecommerce businesses and executives in South Africa.

Prominent signatories include uAfrica’s Andy Higgins, Bidorbuy’s Craig Lubbe, The Courier Guy’s Stephen Gleisner, and Courierit SA’s Marnie Dreyer Shaik.

Open letter

The full open letter to Patel is published below.

The letter and signatures can be seen here: DearEbrahimPatel.co.za

 

 

 

Press Release for the Open Letter to The Minister of Trade and Industry

 

 

https://www.uafrica.com/blog/press-release-for-the-open-letter-to-the-minister-of-trade-and-industry

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
  • As of Thursday afternoon, online shops in South Africa may sell anything other than booze and tobacco products.
  • New regulations dropped the limits imposed on physical stores – which may still sell only approved items – entirely.
  • But e-tailers have to implement new measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus, and they must promote local goods.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Music

This is certainly a major victory but still very early and more clarity will be needed. I'm hoping it includes Postnet to Postnet as that is drop off at branch and pick up at branch and might not be seen as an online service.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

👍😀 VICTORY

31 minutes ago, All Music said:

This is certainly a major victory but still very early and more clarity will be needed. I'm hoping it includes Postnet to Postnet as that is drop off at branch and pick up at branch and might not be seen as an online service.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...