TradeRouteAuctions

CoronaVirus

TradeRouteAuctions

Have been receiving messages via social media to stop buying Chinese products currently (or) to visit Chinese shops due to massive spreading of CoronaVirus

How true is this ? your opinions please

Little Miss Muffet

The virus cannot exist outside the body for the time it takes to import Chinese goods.

I had to buy some packaging for my Takealot business which I get from Chinatown shops in cape Town

Hubby was going that way and refused to go there.😂seriously, so I had to go myself.

I shall keep you updated with my condition.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
27 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

The virus cannot exist outside the body for the time it takes to import Chinese goods.

I had to buy some packaging for my Takealot business which I get from Chinatown shops in cape Town

Hubby was going that way and refused to go there.😂seriously, so I had to go myself.

I shall keep you updated with my condition.

Although the material will not keep germs for more than 5 days,  I am sure at-least some of the sellers or relatives of them must have returned back from China.

I would suggest you please take this serious until such time it quite safe to do so.

Little Miss Muffet

Ashamed to admit I was in and out of there in two ticks--Hubby putting the fear of God in me

I am 69 and if my task on earth is done then it is done.

I will not have to put up with the new Bidorbuy format😄

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions

The new BIDORBUY format is there to stay and we should be there to take care 😀

How is your experience with takealot compared to BIDORBUY? Does takealot pay on time ? Their commissions like 

TradeRouteAuctions

https://www.dispatchlive.co.za/news/2020-01-31-botswana-quarantines-suspected-coronavirus-victim-in-gaborone/

Little Miss Muffet
8 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

The new BIDORBUY format is there to stay and we should be there to take care 😀

How is your experience with takealot compared to BIDORBUY? Does takealot pay on time ? Their commissions like 

My new jewellery sits on Bidorbuy.It sells out on Takealot.Charges are higher but so are my prices.Takealot sellers pay the shipping.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
1 minute ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

My new jewellery sits on Bidorbuy.It sells out on Takealot.Charges are higher but so are my prices.Takealot sellers pay the shipping.

Thank you - I deal mostly with pre-owned Digital stuff hence never tried Takealot. I assume there its fully new items.

Thank you for the info 🙏 and it's really nice to have alternatives even just to compare sluggish market in general

Little Miss Muffet

I am freaking out.My husband and I went for our usual evening stroll and 2 Chinese people came out of a house with masks on.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
10 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

I am freaking out.My husband and I went for our usual evening stroll and 2 Chinese people came out of a house with masks on.

Wow that's strange

Does that mean it is already here and we are unaware

TradeRouteAuctions

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/latest-coronavirus-news-in-limpopo-patient-suspected/

Little Miss Muffet

My son is flying out from the UK to a friend's wedding on 14th February and coming out to 

South Africa again in April with his wife and kids and I am getting neurotic about it.😞

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
32 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

My son is flying out from the UK to a friend's wedding on 14th February and coming out to 

South Africa again in April with his wife and kids and I am getting neurotic about it.😞

Hope all goes well with his trips - Happy family REUNION by April I am sure situation will be much better.

TradeRouteAuctions

The virus is here in RSA - stay safe everyone

Little Miss Muffet

This is how close we can be

The HSBC bank in the UK has sent home 100 employees from the 10th floor after a staff member tested positive.This makes no sense to me if that person was using a lift that the rest of the employees on other floors were using too.
This is at Canary Wharf where people mingle at lunch time, travel on trains etc.
Over 6000 MILES away in Cape Town I sit on tender hooks because my son works at Credit Suisse at Canary Wharf and is due to fly with his family to Cape Town on 6th April .
South Africans have family scattered all over the world and many other situations like this could exist.
I am supposed to be travelling with them up the Garden Route but I would now prefer to stay at home never mind even having contact with them at all.
Last Saturday I was at a market in our village and a couple who immigrated to the UK are here to tie up loose ends.Their family in the UK are in isolation after they flew back from Italy and one family member was showing symptoms.They had not been in contact with them for a month but what if they had been?
One person ,twice exposed--it is scary
All this because of a presumed bat in China.Why is the WHO not taking action against this unhealthy practise at markets in China? All these viruses seem to originate there and the rest of the world is affected.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
2 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

This is how close we can be

The HSBC bank in the UK has sent home 100 employees from the 10th floor after a staff member tested positive.This makes no sense to me if that person was using a lift that the rest of the employees on other floors were using too.
This is at Canary Wharf where people mingle at lunch time, travel on trains etc.
Over 6000 MILES away in Cape Town I sit on tender hooks because my son works at Credit Suisse at Canary Wharf and is due to fly with his family to Cape Town on 6th April .
South Africans have family scattered all over the world and many other situations like this could exist.
I am supposed to be travelling with them up the Garden Route but I would now prefer to stay at home never mind even having contact with them at all.
Last Saturday I was at a market in our village and a couple who immigrated to the UK are here to tie up loose ends.Their family in the UK are in isolation after they flew back from Italy and one family member was showing symptoms.They had not been in contact with them for a month but what if they had been?
One person ,twice exposed--it is scary
All this because of a presumed bat in China.Why is the WHO not taking action against this unhealthy practise at markets in China? All these viruses seem to originate there and the rest of the world is affected.

Lets hope for the best for your Son and his family.

Earlier today a second case announced in Gauteng, couple of days ago first case was in KZN apparently both are from, one of the 10 who traveled together from Italy.

The numbers are going to increase fingers crossed

Avoid public gatherings & practice hygiene.

Little Miss Muffet

It will be a new excuse on Bob.I was in hospital with Coronavirus so could not to pay/could not send it😂

Soft Service

Third case confirmed today, the wife of the first confirmed case. She had previously tested negative but has not been confirmed positive for Carona

TradeRouteAuctions
55 minutes ago, Soft Service said:

Third case confirmed today, the wife of the first confirmed case. She had previously tested negative but has not been confirmed positive for Carona

Numbers are increasing, I am sure there is more coming

TradeRouteAuctions
18 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

It will be a new excuse on Bob.I was in hospital with Coronavirus so could not to pay/could not send it😂

True 🤣

Little Miss Muffet

The cycle tour went ahead in Cape Town but Italy cancelled their tour.

We have the two Oceans in Cape Town on Saturday 11th April.

How many tourists/runners will be  coming into Cape Town? Surely this should be cancelled

My son is one of the runners and coming in from the UK

I am freaking out and he just treats it like I am overreacting.:48_weary:

TradeRouteAuctions
10 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

The cycle tour went ahead in Cape Town but Italy cancelled their tour.

We have the two Oceans in Cape Town on Saturday 11th April.

How many tourists/runners will be  coming into Cape Town? Surely this should be cancelled

I am freaking out and he just treats it like I am overreacting.:48_weary:

Best practice to stop the spread is to avoid public gatherings.

U r not over reacting

Italy 366 deaths in less than a month of reporting

TradeRouteAuctions

https://ewn.co.za/2020/03/09/grayston-prep-in-sandton-closed-on-monday-over-possible-coronavirus-patient

it's very near now

TradeRouteAuctions

https://ewn.co.za/2020/03/12/coronavirus-cases-in-sa-rise-to-17

The new four cases are from the following provinces:

KwaZulu-Natal: 1

A 38-year-ol male from Durban who lives in Turkey and was visiting his family in South Africa has tested positive. He had travelled to the UK and returned to SA on 7 March 2020.

MPUMALANGA: 1

A 27-year-old female from Mpumalanga who had travelled to the United States. She returned to South Africa on 7 March 2020.

GAUTENG: 1

A 43-year-old male from Johannesburg who had travelled to New York via Dubai and returned to South Africa on 8 March 2020.

FREE STATE: 1

A 32-year-old male who came into contact with a Chinese businessman. This is the first case of local transmission as all others have been by patients who had travelled abroad.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
On 3/8/2020 at 7:57 PM, Little Miss Muffet said:

Please postpone travels

• Like 1