frans64

New look

Pierre_Henri

Second problem, when will the rating system be fixed?

On the old system, you can click on a buyer that have bought say 30 items from you and in one go rate him/her.

Now (with the "new" BOB layout) you have to rate the buyer 30 times individually - start the clock - how long does it take to rate a person 30 times, item for item for item for item for item, for item ....? 

No smiley faces here ....

TradeRouteAuctions
15 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

Second problem, when will the rating system be fixed?

On the old system, you can click on a buyer that have bought say 30 items from you and in one go rate him/her.

Now (with the "new" BOB layout) you have to rate the buyer 30 times individually - start the clock - how long does it take to rate a person 30 times, item for item for item for item for item, for item ....? 

No smiley faces here ....

Also on old system I could choose from auto complete - the rating text you want

Now in new system it has to be individually typed or copied and paste.

• Like 1

sakkievs
On 1/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, time_machine said:

tTODAYS FIGHT ON BOB "PICKLIST"  AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPDATE RELIST - I MIGHT HAVE THIS WORKED OUT BY TONIGHT

image.thumb.png.b2c514bb815d68387fabdd9c88f9870d.png

Sitting with the same issue. WHY O WHY did they go and screw up a perfectly working platform. I have not listed any new items or relisted any "expired" items items for over 3 weeks just because it is an absolute bloody nightmare to get anything done on this new USELESS site

• Like 1

Chapter Two

The new site is deceptive: whilst it looks much cleaner than the old site it is really "clunky" and not user friendly.

Pick lists are not automatically cleared after being actioned so that next time you select items and call up your new pick list it frequently, but not always, contains the previous picklist as well. I also have not noticed a clear picklist tick box that featured on the old site.

I find it frustrating to have to isolate buy now and auction items from the pick list. You have a tick box to automatically relist items not sold the next day for buy only. If however you continue to relist the 'mixed' picklist the whole list is rejected. Why can't your programme accept automatic relisting for the buy onlys and just relist the auction items without a relisting facility. A simple binary decision from the picklist evaluation.

Seemingly, and I say seemingly because I can't see how else to do this. If I wish to re-list items and change them from auction to buy then I have to action each item one by one. Then having gone through that process and ticked automatically relist box and trying to finalise the listing it is again rejected as I haven't selected how many times I wish to relist. Firstly there is no obvious facility where one can make that choice and secondly if the choice has not been made why can't you bring in a tick box with this message and request me to select how many times rather than me having to go back and start from the beginning only to find that there really is no provision for me to make that selection and so I find that if I wish to change the selling status on relisting I can only list for an initial period.

So for me this new site is flipping terrible but as I want to sell goods I will have to grit my teeth, retain my equilibrium and persevere in the hopes that someone at BoB will actually take note of my and others' criticisms and implement some corrective measures.

BABADAUD

I was driven nearly mad by this new interface.

Then a miracle occurred - for some reason I ended up at the very bottom of the page.

And there, last item, final line in light blue ..... a link ..... View Desktop Site.

A somewhat less unhappy bunny here now.

But you poor sellers.....

Be brave!

• Like 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Each day has new challengers

listing on new layout for crzy wed and the drop box appears and u change the closing time and click complete then suddenly the opening date is changed to 8 feb instead of staying on the fixed day the 11feb and u have to once again open the drop box for crazy wed and change the date-its extra work guys and was correct before so why are all these glitches appearing suddenly again??

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE
  • Like 1

Vegar

Hi Admin,

I read through the comments of sellers and buyers who are dissatisfied with the new layout.

WHERE CAN I READ THE REPLIES FROM ADMIN?

I would like to have clarity on how the Bidorbuy team are responding to the frustration expressed by the sellers.

Thanks,

• Like 2

Pierre_Henri
14 minutes ago, Vegar said:

Hi Admin,

I read through the comments of sellers and buyers who are dissatisfied with the new layout.

WHERE CAN I READ THE REPLIES FROM ADMIN?

I would like to have clarity on how the Bidorbuy team are responding to the frustration expressed by the sellers.

Thanks,

Before the poll was autocratically stopped, nearly 90% of BoB users gave a thumbs down to the new layout. 

I suspect most of those responses came from sellers.

"Admin" will probably not respond now, but in a few months they will - the end might be near then ...

In the mean tone, just use this View Desktop Site

Joined 10 Jun 2009, Cape Town

• Like 3

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I must be only person crazy enough to try and list on the new layout because no one else is mentioning the problems we encounter

And nothing seems to be getting fixed so i dont know what is going on

The carousel can still only take 14 photos and not 15

The promotional auctiosn like weekend special and crazy wed(still the biggest moneyspinner for bob due to listing fees and sales i assume)still not fixed and actaully is now worse than it was a few weeks ago

When u click on crazy wed the drop box opens but the default closing is set at 23h45 which is too late so we have to change this.

THE clock has dissappeared so we use the tab and replace the time with the closing time we want our items to end and click done!!!but.....the opening day suddenly reverts back to todays date and u cannot change this in the drop box as then the closing times change as well and u go in circles and cannot list.So u have to go left to the duration box and change the starting day to the crazy wed date-ITS RIDICULOUS AND VERY TIME WASTING AND CONFUSING AND NOT BEING FIXED SO HOW DO BOB EXPECT US TO USE THE NEW LAYOUT??

ANY management have any idea when this will be resolved because in last 2 weeks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED??

neil

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

5 Years ago--brilliant developer/programme-- Maybe he can help Bidorbuy with the new format😄

My son who now is back in South Africa

TradeRouteAuctions
21 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

5 Years ago--brilliant developer/programme-- Maybe he can help Bidorbuy with the new format😄

My son who now is back in South Africa

Smart ! Thank you for the sharing the video.

not sure if BOB uses PHP though - he got lot of ideas

Little Miss Muffet

I would not know whether I am Arthur or Martha when it comes to what programmes Bidorbuy use.

When my son talks IT I lose him in the first sentence

Since we have been on fibre and switch the modem off when there is load shedding we struggled to get the internet to work when switching it back on.

We have a Granny flat with a tenant  who has a connection to wifi which seems to be causing the problem

Of course the first person I scream for is my son

He comes around unplugs the tenants wifi connection ,switches the router back on,switches the modem off,then switches the router off,switches the router back on,switches the modem back on,gets into internet,then plugs in the tennants wifi.

How the devil he worked that out baffles me but it works and the internet will not work unless that procedure is carried out

Of course he had to write it down otherwise I would be lost first time round

There must be some way,however,of getting round this or something lacking in the fibre connection.

• Like 1

rubyolive

I can't get used to this horrific, unfriendly, unhappy look. It's not fun to browse anymore. I love Crazy Wednesdays, but now would not even show my Watchlist - presumably because the items have closed.  Navigation is impossible, searching is difficult - I searched for an artist and BoB said I was searching for a seller?? 

Ag nee wat, ek is nou sommer nie meer lus nie. 

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

Hate it with a passion😧

Chapter Two

Now I find that having clicked on the return to old site button at the top right of the new home page I am asked 1. why I want to return - so I said because the new site is pathetic: the 2. I was asked if I needed help and to enter my email address; well as I didn't want any help I skipped entering my address and went to the final pop-up to take me through to the old site. But guess what? No movement at all, so maybe you can't actually get to the old site.

I have not seen any response from BoB about any of these complaints and concerns from us as users. Do they care? Or is this just another display of Corporate couldn't-care-less-attitude that is so prevalent in business today.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I am really trying to use the new layout to list but everyday brings new complications

This morning when u start typing into the title box then the search drop boxes open and u cannot see what u tyoing and they do not close,cleared my browser and everything but still doing it so must be on bob side

please address this else we cant use the new layout to list items!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

NO one else with this problem?????

i cant be only mad person trying to list on new format??

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE

this fault was gone for an hour and now back again

i think bob must give this exercise up as a bad job and start over on something new

they cannot fix these problems,been weeks now and its getting worse

and i have been trying to use the new format and find positives...

neil

• Sad 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I am now convinced no one is using the new layout to list

the above problem persists and i have checked with another seller and his computer is doing the same so its not only me

and for no one else on bob to report this MEANS NO ONE IS LISTING ON NEW FORMAT.....

• Like 2

TradeRouteAuctions
16 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

I am now convinced no one is using the new layout to list

the above problem persists and i have checked with another seller and his computer is doing the same so its not only me

and for no one else on bob to report this MEANS NO ONE IS LISTING ON NEW FORMAT.....

True I do not have the luxury to waste time utilizing the trial and errors of new site.

Full time using the old site.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
1 hour ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

this fault was gone for an hour and now back again

Means someone is testing.

Sorry to say this, Actually testing the patience of sellers who try to use the new layout.

TradeRouteAuctions
4 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

NO one else with this problem?????

i cant be only mad person trying to list on new format??

neil

I hope Bidorbuy addresses this urgently.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

thanks for reply,at least i know im not going mad although the new layout can do that to  a person....

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE
  • Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

However this new format was implemented it must have needed a programme and boy do they get paid big time

So we can moan, kick and scream, waste our energy complaining and throw our toys out of the cot but it will fall on "expensive"deaf  ears

The old format was so attractive and eye catching-whoever did the new one must be a novice

Edited by Little Miss Muffet
  • Like 1

Pierre_Henri

All these problems passes me by, because when I lock into BidorBuy , I just scroll right down and click on View Desktop Site

I don't care about this horrible current  disaster (The BoBona Virus?)  I just carry on using the old site as if nothing append.

Otherwise I would go insane. The few times I tried the new lay-out, it  almost ended in me throwing my PC out of the window.

So everything is now calm again our in out house and we carry on very happy and contended as ever before.

If BoB should stop the use of the old workable site (View Desktop Site ) the end will unfortunately be near for many mega sellers like me....

But as long as they keep that friendly & uncomplicated & and workable  "old" platform, I foresee no problems...

Pierre

• Like 2