frans64

New look

Darth Penguin
13 hours ago, JohnBenn said:

How am I suppose to remember every seller's name? Some sellers have numbers and symbols in their usernames. With the old BoB all the sellers I've searched for before will pop up in a list below the search bar by just clicking on the search bar. BoB now looks like Makro online where you can't find what you want to buy either. Change back to the old look, and if you still feel so itchy to change something, change the colours, add a new banner, or whatever, but leave the site as it was...USER FRIENDLY.

You're not supposed to remember anything. It works just like the old site (enter partial name, click search, see results). Try it...

Seeds and All
53 minutes ago, Darth Penguin said:

You're not supposed to remember anything. It works just like the old site (enter partial name, click search, see results). Try it...

... and true to form, BoB misses the point again!ūüėě

The issue is ease of convenience being removed by not showing the seller's name on the search results. 

It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Kraken71

This new site is awful. I don't even feel like making the effort to list anything on it. But this is Bid or Buy for you and they won't listen to the people who keep them afloat. Once you lose your loyal customers you won't get them back. It's simple, and you don't need a business degree to get it right - listen to what your customers want.

• Like 2

Wigsel

The New look is Totally Crap akin to the new look on OLX. Go back to what we had.

Who thinks up this type of thing? Idiot!

• Like 1

Wigsel
On 1/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, time_machine said:

will be taking my sales to Facebook in the meantime

I will be doing the same. Methinks I will be looking for another way to sell.

Pierre_Henri
21 hours ago, Wigsel said:

The New look is Totally Crap akin to the new look on OLX. Go back to what we had.

Who thinks up this type of thing? Idiot!

I just checked out the OLX site - BidorBuy's only current competitor in SA, and it looks if the same programmer is responsible for both major disasters.

(The OLX-site  is strangely similar, but even worse than Bob's new layout).

BidorBuy -  PLEASE just revert back  or face the music - currently something like 90+% of those in the forum-pole are urging you to do that.

What exactly is difficult about understanding that the overwhelming majority of your current users are horrified ....?

Just give us back the old format please.

The new one is not sucking, it is a disaster already happening.

• Like 3

ambirr

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST CHANGE THAT HAS HAPPENED TO BOB. THE OLD SYSTEM IS GREAT WHY DO YOU NOT TWEAK IT AND SATISFY ALL BUYERS AND SELLERS. I HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD THAT 3 OF MY BUYERS WILL BE LEAVING BOB BECAUSE OF THE UNFRIENDLY NEW SITE. IT IS HORRIBLE., WRITTEN BY SOME IT IDIOT WHO HAS TO JUSTIFY HIS ENORMOUS SALARY. COME ON GUYS LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING AND RETAIN THE OLD SYSTEM - IT WORKS. DO YOU GUYS STILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE SAYING " IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT INTERFERE". DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GET THE SAME REPUTATION AS EBAY WHO ALSO CHANGED THEIR SYSTEM AND LOST A LOT OF SELLERS. WHO DO YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY FROM - THE SELLERS - LISTEN TO THEM THEY ARE YOUR PRIME MARKET.

ambirr

OK JUST TO GET THINGS STRAIGHT. I AM NOT A NEW MEMBER HAVE BEEN SELLING SINCE 2005 - 15 YEARS AND HAVE PAID AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF COMMISSION OVER THE YEARS, BUT STILL BOB IN THEIR WISDOM DO NOT EVEN ANSWER SELLERS WHO THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY FROM. I THINK THAT EVERY SELLER SHOULD PUT AN ULTIMATUM TO BOB. GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM OR LOSE US.

I AGREE WITH PIERRE-HENRI WHO ALSO HAS GIVEN BOB A LOT OF MONEY -LISTEN TO THE SELLERS.

GemDeals

I have to admit not a big fan pf the new design on the desktop. However for mobile this has made the site much easier to navigate. I think maybe bidorbuy should maybe give up an option to use the old site and just revamp that for desktop?

BABADAUD

Good to see that BoB is bang up to date and in tandem with most of the rest of South African service providers.

If it works - bugger it up.

Make it as unpleasant and tiresome an experience as possible for the users.

And phooey to the punters.

The Forums  remember them?

Vibrant.

Lots of threads.

Keen discussion with many regular contributors.

Then - some IT genius plays clever.

Result - a moribund, dull, near dead thing kept "alive" by spaz admin / mod posts about ridiculous holidays.

The IT genius has struck again ...... at the main site now.

Just like with the bakery in Checkers - it SHOULD be a pleasure.

But operator initiatives, poor quality staff & lack of customer care  make it a pain. So - one walks away.

Sadly, though, SA has an unsophisticated, malleable, sheepish general public / consumer base which will put up with any old rubbish tossed their way.

No matter who stays, goes, relocates - there will be sufficient uptake of new dummies, seller & buyer alike.

Of course, BoB has an eye on the main market ......mass market of  low grade consumers glued to their cell phones. Hence the change of emphasis and the continuing dumbing down.

But BoB's  still yer uncle -l copping the dough  from zillions of connected dummies; much to the chagrin of the now marginalized  less basal user.

And so it goes........... 

• Like 2

Stamp and Coin Dealer

Just my 2c worth.

Before BOB increased their commission Crazy Wednesday listing was around 4,000 listings a week.

After increase it dropped to around 2800 listings a week.

After new design it is today less than 1700 listings.

BOB your sellers has spoken.

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri

What happened to the pole that asked if the new format is liked or not by users of BidorBuy?

The one where nearly 90% of us disliked the new format.

Just don't tell me it was deleted like they would have done in Afghanistan or North Korea or Zimbabwe when something is uncomfortable...

Seller

Joined 10 Jun 2009, Cape Town

• Like 1

medley
8 hours ago, Stamp and Coin Dealer said:

Just my 2c worth.

Before BOB increased their commission Crazy Wednesday listing was around 4,000 listings a week.

They'll have to learn the hard way and earnings will just go down. 

TradeRouteAuctions
On 1/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

What happened to the pole that asked if the new format is liked or not by users of BidorBuy?

The one where nearly 90% of us disliked the new format.

Just don't tell me it was deleted like they would have done in Afghanistan or North Korea or Zimbabwe when something is uncomfortable...

Seller

Joined 10 Jun 2009, Cape Town

Congratulations Pierre_Henri

Impressive 100% positive ratings in 10 years. Not easy

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
On 1/21/2020 at 12:28 PM, Stamp and Coin Dealer said:

Just my 2c worth.

Didn't realize this statistics. Really speaks whats going on

MATCH ATTAX SUPERSTORE

The Poll has been disabled, no more voting....

Very sorry for BidorBuy, the new site in reality is an absolute nightmare.

By the looks of it Bob has lots somewhere around 30% sales in the past week.

I just do not understand , even by chatting to costumer services,who have very little to offer in advice, because they actually do not know how to fix any problem that is posed to them,why was a beta version not tried, so at least all the niggles could be sorted out.Just poor code.

I have been on Bob for over a decade, personal opinion is regardless what is said on forums etc, nothing will happens.

Lets us see what whats over the next couple of weeks.

Carlos

100.00% Positive Ratings
  • Like 1

Pierre_Henri
44 minutes ago, MATCH ATTAX SUPERSTORE said:

The Poll has been disabled, no more voting....

Very sorry for BidorBuy, the new site in reality is an absolute nightmare.

By the looks of it Bob has lots somewhere around 30% sales in the past week.

I just do not understand , even by chatting to costumer services,who have very little to offer in advice, because they actually do not know how to fix any problem that is posed to them,why was a beta version not tried, so at least all the niggles could be sorted out.Just poor code.

I have been on Bob for over a decade, personal opinion is regardless what is said on forums etc, nothing will happens.

Lets us see what whats over the next couple of weeks.

Carlos

100.00% Positive Ratings

Sela

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I see the forum has been quiet-likely due to the fact that we sellers on BOB are real troopers and get on with things the best we can under trying circumstances.

Most i assume are using old layout or a mix of the two like i am to try and make headway as it seems BOB will not change their mind but re hellbent on forging ahead,

Be that as it may there are still some major flaws,i have been listin on new layout and a problem i reported a week ago is still not fixed.

On crazy wed listings,i assume still a big moneyspinner for bob in fees and commissions,there is still no correction of the fact that when u click on crazy wed the drop box opens and has correct starting time  but u cannot alter the closing time of 23h45 in the drop box-u have to go out and left to duration box and then put in opening day,time and closing day and time and then u can have correct closing time for auctions-THIS IS TIME CONSUMING AND UNNECESSARY-please fix this if u serious about sellers listing on new system.

please look at olf promotional auctions defaults and do the same as it was please,cant be so difficlut to fix that it takes a week

there are other problems that will be aired shortly but this is VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE

NEIL

• Like 1

Seeds and All

Buyers are reporting that they cannot combine Buy Now items with items won on auction. They are also reporting that they are not being allowed to change the calculated shipping fee. Please contact the buyer from order 17038276.

time_machine

tTODAYS FIGHT ON BOB "PICKLIST"  AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPDATE RELIST - I MIGHT HAVE THIS WORKED OUT BY TONIGHT

image.thumb.png.b2c514bb815d68387fabdd9c88f9870d.png

time_machine

THE ONLY WAY AROUND THIS MALFUNCTION IS TO WAIT FOR YOUR ITEM TO CLOSE AFTER 10 RELISTS AND THEN TO GO INTO THAT AUCTION AND RELIST IT

TradeRouteAuctions
On 1/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

I see the forum has been quiet-likely due to the fact that we sellers on BOB are real troopers and get on with things the best we can under trying circumstances.

Most i assume are using old layout or a mix of the two like i am to try and make headway as it seems BOB will not change their mind but re hellbent on forging ahead,

Be that as it may there are still some major flaws,i have been listin on new layout and a problem i reported a week ago is still not fixed.

On crazy wed listings,i assume still a big moneyspinner for bob in fees and commissions,there is still no correction of the fact that when u click on crazy wed the drop box opens and has correct starting time  but u cannot alter the closing time of 23h45 in the drop box-u have to go out and left to duration box and then put in opening day,time and closing day and time and then u can have correct closing time for auctions-THIS IS TIME CONSUMING AND UNNECESSARY-please fix this if u serious about sellers listing on new system.

please look at olf promotional auctions defaults and do the same as it was please,cant be so difficlut to fix that it takes a week

there are other problems that will be aired shortly but this is VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE

NEIL

Still using the old interface - Can only use the New interface once all debugging is done

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri

I see that both positive and negative ratings are now shown in  "green" vs. the old system where positive was green and negative was red.

The only difference is a smile upwards or downwards on the smilies face, but where you have to have a magnifying glass to actually see what is what.

Why not just drop the whole rating system with this utter nonsense where one can hardly spot  buyers (and sellers) that are bad company?

Bob, why do you make it more difficult to spot persons that are wasting all our time and money?

• Like 2

TradeRouteAuctions
14 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

I see that both positive and negative ratings are now shown in  "green" vs. the old system where positive was green and negative was red.

The only difference is a smile upwards or downwards on the smilies face, but where you have to have a magnifying glass to actually see what is what.

Why not just drop the whole rating system with this utter nonsense where one can hardly spot  buyers (and sellers) that are bad company?

Bob, why do you make it more difficult to spot persons that are wasting all our time and money?

Well spotted Pierre_Henri

There is no difference at all both look almost the same

This needs to be rectified immediately

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
14 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

I see that both positive and negative ratings are now shown in  "green"

image below960783629_ratingsjpeg.jpg.c505ff3f60c2c9033ace2eca417e649c.jpg

• Like 1