frans64

New look

frans64

New look (layout) is a disaster not user friendly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

sakkievs

Agreed. Cant open auctions that have current bids on. Horrible to navigate. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

medley
1 hour ago, frans64 said:

New look (layout) is a disaster not user friendly.

I agree, this new look is a disaster and if it stays like this then i'll be gone!!

Old golden rule "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

juriedreyer

This is a disaster, as an old school programmer this web design is the worst I ever seen. Look if the web designer is a grade R beginner, just crying for his mother and want to go home, well you welcome, leave your mesh where it belongs in the dust bin and reinstall the old web that was working. I complaint all day about the resolution but it seems to me you are unable to rectify a simple common error, pixels brother, that's how real programming work, not uses black boxes of other designers, you do not understand how it works. I will definitely send BidorBuy to hell and buy direct from the seller on your site!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

HookedOnTrains

While I welcome change and generally like the look of the new site, there are some issues to address (in my opinion):

1. When I browse BidOrBuy (the old site), I exclude many of the sellers who don't sell the things I buy (or whom I have dealt with in the past and regard as "blocked" for me). This saves me time and allows me to quickly check for new items each morning. Without this functionality it's just too much effort to find what I like.

2. I like to see who is selling what in the listings - again it allows me to "filter" what I open or "discard" in my mind. There is more than enough space to add the seller to each item in the "main" or listing page, so why hide it?

3. I have favourite sellers - how do I search for a certain seller?

So while I find the site "clean" and uncluttered, without a few improvements I simply won't have the time or inclination to shop on the new BidOrBuy site. I'm hoping the developers will consider these and other improvements.

• Like 1

Seeds and All

@DaveDave2013

Why can't I rate multiple items within an order? Must I really rate each item individually now?

Why does it not auto-complete my rating? Should I now be typing each rating out?

Was this new look tested before it was launched?

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri

I can't find a way to rate my buyers. How does one do that?

• Like 1

Seeds and All
2 minutes ago, Pierre_Henri said:

I can't find a way to rate my buyers. How does one do that?

I had two orders this morning. On the one I was allowed to rate only one sale of the 2 on that order. On the other order I was allowed to rate the buyer for each individual sale. On neither of the 2 was I allowed to rate multiple items in one order at once. It took me almost an hour to process 2 tiny orders which shouldn't have taken me 15 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Seeds and All

@DaveDave2013

When downloading sales I can only download sales for the past month. Why can't I download sales for a longer period. I allow 30 days and sometimes even 60 or 90 days for combined shipping. How am I to download sales older than that?

• Like 1

Seeds and All

@DaveDave2013

Why does your pages default back to the top of the screen when I update the status of an order?

• Like 1

Seeds and All

@DaveDave2013

When I click on Sales to (Insert Buyer Name) I cannot see the thumbnails on the orders. Only once I have changed the status of the order the photos become visible.

• Like 1

Seeds and All

@DaveDave2013

I am disappointed that after more than doubling our fees almost 2 years ago this "new look site" that is a disaster is the result of all that extra money we have been paying you. We asked for simple little things like, allowing us to group multiple order together, a simpler more streamlined SNC system, etc. What do we get from you? Just more complications. The problem with BoB is not the layout!!!

• Like 2

Pierre_Henri

When I receive a message from a buyer, I can only see the first sentence. In the past you can click on "read more" to see the rest but now that option is not available ... The question thus stops in mid sentence...

• Like 2

Darth Penguin
58 minutes ago, HookedOnTrains said:

I have favourite sellers - how do I search for a certain seller?

To search for a specific seller all you need to do is type in their name or part of it in the search bar. I'll agree it is not obvious but hopefully it helps.

1997867328_Screenshot2020-01-14at08_25_44.png.302b2da3f41b0d1c05e36f0acf525866.png

Seeds and All

@Darth Penguin

Kindly answer some of my questions too...

ATA STAMP CENTRE

ON CRAZY WED U CANNT SEE WHO THE SELLER IS...

BUYERS HAVE PREFERENCES OF COURSE AND DONT LOOK AT ALL THE SELLERS ITEMS BUT NOW THEY HAVE TO OPEN EACH ITEMS TO SEE WHO THE SELLER IS-THEY JUST NOT GOING TO DO THAT HENCE THE FEW VIEWS AND WATCHERS AT THE MOMENT ON THIS CRAZY WED-CAN THE SITE DESIGNER OR THE EXECUTIVE OFFICER THAT APPROVED THIS LAYOUT PLEASE JUST COME ON THE FORUM AND TELL US WHO HE IS,AND WHAT MOTIVATED THIS DISASTER,AND DARTH PENGUIN,THAT ONE LINER REPLY OF YOURS MEANS NOTHING ON THE BIGGER SCALE OF THIS DISASTER

REBOOT BACK TO OLD AND HAVE SOME ONE THATS ABLE REDESIGN THIS DISASTER ELSE ITS OUT OF BUSINESS IN A FEW WEEKS-THATS FOR SURE

NEIL

• Like 1

Cali Craft and Gems

The "new" look is the final nail in the coffin... I for one will be changing over from BoB on it's death bed to an online platform that is actually alive and kicking! (and has a far better reputation than BoB with clients all over the globe - sadly fewer SA buyers but I am certain that with the changes that BoB has made, this other platform will sky rocket!)

Bye Bye BoB... my condolences to all affected!

• Like 1

sakkievs
1 hour ago, Seeds and All said:

@Darth Penguin

Kindly answer some of my questions too...

Typical ostrich behaviour...Put head in hole and hope it.."the problem" goes away....

time_machine

will be taking my sales to Facebook in the meantime

• Like 2

time_machine
11 hours ago, medley said:

I agree, this new look is a disaster and if it stays like this then i'll be gone!!

Old golden rule "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"

disaster would be putting it mildly - they will quickly revert back to old system when they see people stop selling

• Like 2

TradeRouteAuctions

The new pages look too EMPTY with lot of white background. It might take weeks / months to get used to it.

I SUGGEST sellers and buyers have to be given a choice to to use older layout.

• Like 1

All Music

Yes there is way too much space between the listings ( and they still can't get the sellers name in)

The old site displayed 40 items on a page, the new one has just 24

• Like 1

lavenderhaven

I note that when a buyer asks a question they get a pretty quick answer. Not the same with sellers?  Let me see if we get an answer to this: The coloured status bar used to be large and obvious and the writing on the bar was very helpful,- now it is a useless little dot. Can this be changed please?

Again we ask why change from a fantastic platform that we enjoyed using to this disaster - it just doesn't make sense!

JohnBenn
9 hours ago, Darth Penguin said:

To search for a specific seller all you need to do is type in their name or part of it in the search bar. I'll agree it is not obvious but hopefully it helps.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c164564771997867328_Screenshot2020-01-14at08_25_44.png.302b2da3f41b0d1c05e36f0acf525866.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477

How am I suppose to remember every seller's name? Some sellers have numbers and symbols in their usernames. With the old BoB all the sellers I've searched for before will pop up in a list below the search bar by just clicking on the search bar. BoB now looks like Makro online where you can't find what you want to buy either. Change back to the old look, and if you still feel so itchy to change something, change the colours, add a new banner, or whatever, but leave the site as it was...USER FRIENDLY.

Pierre_Henri

The problem is that BidorBuy has in a way lost contact with the people who pay their salaries – the sellers on BidorBuy.

(We have seen the same thing with the current Government who does not realize that the taxpayer is the person who pays the salary of the government employee).

It seems that BoB has over-compensated trying to please buyers in every possible way, but have lost contact with the sellers – those hard working guys and girls that keep BoB going every minute of the day.

BoB, before you switch off the old link – please do a survey under top-sellers regarding how happy they are with the new BoB-layout.

If most are predominantly against the switch, and you proceed regardless, you will probably be the ones that will be switched off.

On a more positive note, I think you need say 6 months to panel-beat the new system before you do a seller-survey  - THEN you will know if you must switch :– your “tax payers” will give you the thumbs up (or not).

And then you will know if the majority that pays your salaries are happy and what you must do to keep BoB successfully afloat.

I wish a prosperous 2020 to all BoB–staff and fellow Bobbers.

Together we will (and must) succeed.

Pierre

Pierre_Henri26391

100.00% Positive Ratings