Jump to content
PyramidCurtains

NEW BID OR BUY FORMAT

WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??

    • YES
      33
    • NO
      5

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 12:51 PM

Recommended Posts

Allstar
9 hours ago, RD1904 said:

Good Day, @Allstar
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Please clear your cache and try doing it from the beginning.
I will try and recreate this error on my end and if needed I will escalate it to the dev team.

And?

Still broken on the new site on old it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allstar

How do you adjust the font size with the new format?

With the old you could select the text and then select the size from a drop down menu with font size numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
1 hour ago, Allstar said:

How do you adjust the font size with the new format?

With the old you could select the text and then select the size from a drop down menu with font size numbers

New site doesn't have font size  - it only has STYLE to choose (header 1 etc.,)

If you copy and paste from other editors most times it brings a bigger size.

 

 

 

font size.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allstar
3 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

New site doesn't have font size  - it only has STYLE to choose (header 1 etc.,)

If you copy and paste from other editors most times it brings a bigger size.

 

 

 

font size.jpg

Why would they leave out being able to change font size, weird choice, it's nice being able to have direct control over the font size.

With the new site unfortunately anything you paste has all the formatting removed and it defaults to a tiny font.

I dread the day they completely remove the old site, I still use it exclusively to list things the new site is so non user friendly and hobbled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri
On 8/19/2020 at 10:27 PM, Allstar said:

Why would they leave out being able to change font size, weird choice, it's nice being able to have direct control over the font size.

With the new site unfortunately anything you paste has all the formatting removed and it defaults to a tiny font.

I dread the day they completely remove the old site, I still use it exclusively to list things the new site is so non user friendly and hobbled.

The new site is unusable for most  sellers on BidorBuy  and certainly for elder/ senior sellers like me.

I have been for many years  the biggest BoB -seller on various categories here.

The day they pull the plug on the "old" site, I will be gone.

Pierre_Henri

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allstar
On 8/29/2020 at 2:25 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

The new site is unusable for most  sellers on BidorBuy  and certainly for elder/ senior sellers like me.

I have been for many years  the biggest BoB -seller on various categories here.

The day they pull the plug on the "old" site, I will be gone.

Pierre_Henri

 

I had the realisation after trying the Bidorbuy App to make a listing that the reason for "updating" the previous perfectly good and much easier to use(less time consuming) listing interface is probably to try and make it more mobile friendly, something which I have seen done on other platforms albeit not in the disastrous manner Bidorbuy have done.

But I don't understand why they would need to bastardize the main interface just to accommodate mobile, keep the old interface, which whilst not perfect was leaps ahead of what we have now and design a separate one for mobile.

Granted the Bidorbuy staff appear to not little respect or care about what their users may experience or require when working on the platform, which seems rather bizarre.

Difficulties using the new interface and the spectre of it becoming the only option has pushed me elsewhere, I now sell more on Facebook Marketplace than I do on Bidorbuy.

I have also spent more time on Gumtree but Facebook marketplace is in many respects a potential Bidorbuy killer, much quicker sales and zero fees, quite a significant win.

 

Previously I sold zero on Facebook Marketplace and this new interface design was the number one driving force for me to explore different avenues and move over there.

I'd be interested if anyone else has made any similar moves or considered finding other avenues since the new interface was released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...