PyramidCurtains

NEW BID OR BUY FORMAT

WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 12:51 PM

TradeRouteAuctions
2 minutes ago, Principia Trading said:

Hi Trade Route

We have been contacting some users individually to assist with problems they have experienced. 

We have noted all problems that have arisen and we are working on getting them all fixed.

Principia Trading - Much appreciated.

TradeRouteAuctions
5 hours ago, Allstar said:

I keep on getting this annoying error when logging in, on the "https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/login/UserLogin.jsp"  page meaning I have to retype my user credentials again for no good reason. Screenshot attached

1712707177_requesthasexpired.thumb.png.3191236e953bb74e57125a0c1ef51f00.png

Does this happen on all browsers ?

I am using Firefox and it works fine.

kevvie30

I just sat literally hours to figure out stuff that has changed from a seller side, 

1. I no longer receive emails on goods that has closed (the mail stated closed relisted - or closed not relisted) or even worse, sold.

2. When I relist an item I would actually like for it to be automatically removed from the Unsold/closed list for example, to prevent double listings. 

3. Sometimes none of my open listings (auction or Buy now) shows up in the Seller Section. 

4. Items that's automatically relisted should not show up on the closed section until it's finally closed. I have to actually go and look up if the item is really closed or not.

5. Any items that closed, says Item closed with no items sold, view the relisted item, but the badge shows SOLD.

6. I am unable to offer a buyer more than one shipping, although all shipping options are enabled.

Selling takes now double if not doubledouble the time.

• Like 1

Allstar
On 2/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Does this happen on all browsers ?

I am using Firefox and it works fine.

Also on Firefox

On 2/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, kevvie30 said:

I just sat literally hours to figure out stuff that has changed from a seller side,

Bidorbuy doesn't care, stop whining 😋

I joke but it is probably true.

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri
On 2/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, kevvie30 said:

I do not use the new system.

It is impossible to use for big sellers like me with a monthly turnover of 100 000s of Rands. 

If someone wishes to list a pantie or bra now and then, its probably fine if you don't mind the effort & time it takes you ...

But for me it just does not work.

Please, just revert back to the old  BoB or at least keep this View Desktop Site   until most of our old time mega-sellers have retired.

Joined 10 Jun 2009, Cape Town

• Like 1

Pierre_Henri
25 minutes ago, Pierre_Henri said:

I do not use the new system.

It is impossible to use for big sellers like me with a monthly turnover of 100 000s of Rands. 

If someone wishes to list a pantie or bra now and then, its probably fine if you don't mind the effort & time it takes you ...

But for me it just does not work.

Please, just revert back to the old  BoB or at least keep this View Desktop Site   until most of our old time mega-sellers have retired.

Joined 10 Jun 2009, Cape Town

Just got a not so nice email - so here is the evidence regarding top sellers on BoB in my categories which is obvious...

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
1 hour ago, Pierre_Henri said:

Just got a not so nice email - so here is the evidence regarding top sellers on BoB in my categories which is obvious...

The new site also do not any longer show TOP sellers list

Only old site has this feature

• Like 1

All Music

A couple of things about the bulkload:

It seems to no longer work on the old site because I get "down for maintenance" error messages when I try downloading.

Using the new site the info is displaying in the wrong columns. From the start date time column onwards everything is one column to the left of where it should be (so the starting time comes out in the traders reference column etc). This has happened a couple of times.

sakkievs

This is incompetence....

You develop a new site...let it go live and you have issues galore... Why would any one give the go ahead on a site where they still have not sorted all the issues?? 

By blocking a Poll you will not make the issues go away....

At least when someone complains about something acknowledge it!. Why do you ignore the people who brings in the money??

This is a joke !!!

• Like 3

Allstar

I wonder if Bidorbuy is going to give the option to allow adding images via URL to the description in the new format?

Is that not basic functionality?

Pierre_Henri
On 2/10/2020 at 5:49 PM, sakkievs said:

This is incompetence....

You develop a new site...let it go live and you have issues galore... Why would any one give the go ahead on a site where they still have not sorted all the issues?? 

By blocking a Poll you will not make the issues go away....

At least when someone complains about something acknowledge it!. Why do you ignore the people who brings in the money??

This is a joke !!!

Hi Sakkie, I simply do not use the new site and use this View Desktop Site

The new site is simply and totally unusable...

Regards

Pierre

Edited by Pierre_Henri

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I notice this morning the link to the old site has been de activated,now only the help number is there

I think its time management replies here on the forum as to why nothing is being fixed,are they not able to fix things,or do they think everything is fine the way it is when numerous sellers have pointed out the various faults

The duration of promotional listings still not fixed,its very time consuming too change everything manually when the defaults can easily be set to help us.

etc etc

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE

i see we can access old site from new layout agian,just back on now so was just a glitch  it seems,,,

Little Miss Muffet

I detest this new format with a passion.A real retrogression.

Fees shock,format shock and they normally run in 3's --SOS for the next one

• Like 3

medley
8 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

I detest this new format with a passion.A real retrogression.

Fees shock,format shock and they normally run in 3's --SOS for the next one

As a buyer i hate browsing bob pages now, i would like to see the rating of this "new" site when it comes to choosing the best online shop.

TradeRouteAuctions
On 2/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, medley said:

As a buyer i hate browsing bob pages now

We thought so far it was only difficult for Sellers.

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

Am I missing something

On the old format we could search for a sale 

Search by order Id  Find Order
Item Id, or text in the Title or Product Code  Find Order

Buyers UserId, Alias, Email or Name  

On the new format  only the order number

Order Id           Title           Buyer         

This is not user friendly

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Little Miss Muffet

I just love the old Bidorbuy format.Kudos to the one who developed it

💞❤️:x

delovely

I don't think I've had such a bad month of sales in about 10 years, and I wonder if the new format has contributed to this? One of my frequent customers is still there, but she has expressed frustration with the changes and a preference for the old format...  It's definitely not just the sellers that are feeling frustrated.

One of my pet hates of the new system is the Find Item box which has the Item ID as your first choice.  In which universe am I going to search for items with the Item ID, which assumes that I already know the ID number and that I have therefore found it before.  Instead I now have to first press the down arrow, then choose by title, then click again to type my search, then click Done again to make it work.  Just an extra time waste, instead of having the option readily available without the scroll down.  And unfortunately for me I use this search a lot when listing similar items 

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

....and in order to get to my Bidorbuy page I have to login and then use the drop down box to get to my Bidorbuy

2 clicks instead of 1.Everything seems to have drop down boxes...is there any way someone can think up a way to click links once instead of twice 

...Oh!! wait a minute that reminds me of something

I just love the OLD Bidorbuy format.Kudos to the one who developed it

❤️💞💕:x

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

All Music

The text in the description field of my listings has moved to the left hand margin. I always centralize the text in the description field. This appears to be only with listings I have added since the new format began and other listings I have updated. 

Could this please be looked into.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
1 minute ago, All Music said:

The text in the description field of my listings has moved to the left hand margin. I always centralize the text in the description field. This appears to be only with listings I have added since the new format began and other listings I have updated. 

Could this please be looked into.

Same with most of my listings as well.

Some listings few of the images are centered and few are left aligned.

I had to go thru each and every listing to see if it aesthetically pleasant and not jumbled

All Music
11 minutes ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Same with most of my listings as well.

Some listings few of the images are centered and few are left aligned.

I had to go thru each and every listing to see if it aesthetically pleasant and not jumbled

I think it just looks nicer when the text is in the centre. So if you are having the same thing it's obviously an issue and not just me. Like I said, the older listings all seem to be fine.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
1 minute ago, All Music said:

I think it just looks nicer when the text is in the centre. So if you are having the same thing it's obviously an issue and not just me. Like I said, the older listings all seem to be fine.

Definitely this problem came after the new site layout change,

but it shows in old site as well.