PyramidCurtains

NEW BID OR BUY FORMAT

WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 12:51 PM

Principia Trading
3 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Another problem just noted on new system is the 15 photos is only 14 allowed-when i laod the 15 th photo onto carousel then it says u have reached the maximum of 15 and fails to upload the 15th photo

neil

Hi Neil

That is frustrating. Our apologies.

I will log this to be looked at by our dev team ASAP!

EDIT It seems I cannot replicate this image error - it is possible that we have fixed it already.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
2 hours ago, Principia Trading said:

Hi Neil

That is frustrating. Our apologies.

I will log this to be looked at by our dev team ASAP!

EDIT It seems I cannot replicate this image error - it is possible that we have fixed it already.

HI,not fixed,check this item id of mine 455151754-I JUST TRIED now to load the 15th picture again and it freezes and says max is reached and does not upload the 15th picture

neil

Roslynn O'Moore
18 hours ago, MiemsJewels said:

I've tried to relist my Crazy Wednesday items for next week 3 times now but it still do not show up. Are Bidorbuy going to charge me for the listings every time I agree to their terms and conditions? 

Good Morning @MiemsJewels

Thank you for your message. Looking at your account now I do see that you have 25 listings yet to open for next week's Crazy Wednesday Auction. 
Some of these do look like they have been duplicated, I will share a list over email with you and we can take it from there.

Thank you

bellemodel
On 1/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, time_machine said:

I the meantime I will take my sales onto the many facebook groups which allow sales, until this issue is resolved

FaceBook is an even bigger pain and converts much worse.

bellemodel

the people programming this new site have never sold anything on BOB

The does not only happen at BoB but at ALL online selling platforms.

TradeRouteAuctions
On 1/27/2020 at 8:28 AM, bellemodel said:

FaceBook is an even bigger pain and converts much worse.

Never sold on Facebook, how safe is it ?

All Music
On 1/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, Principia Trading said:

You can enlarge images in the description by clicking on the image and choosing the 100% option.

I think that will work only if you are adding images into the description box. I cannot see a way to do it when adding to the carousel.

Allstar

the people programming this new site have never sold anything on BOB

That much is 110% obvious, which is very disheartening.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, The JJ Master said:

Hi @dcdoberman

Update on the Seller Name:

We've added the seller names, rating count and if verified the verified badge on the List View & Grid View:

image.thumb.png.10e10fbd031de6d571db0010ea48e725.png

image.thumb.png.2d889eff7e0b0bec2b805be8797b167a.png

I'm aware of other queries in this thread and once I have feedback I will post it here.

JJMaster who is making these design decisions, because leaving something as basic as the Seller Name out on search results is a novice error of epic proportions, whoever made that decision didn't even bother looking at the functionality of the old site.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Never sold on Facebook, how safe is it ?

I started using it after this god awful update and I have been blown away by the response you get, many sales and fast, no commissions either but most end up being local so that is the big drawback. Listing is also a breeze, which as any seller will agree is a pretty significant part of the job and something which this latest Bob update has made harder and not easier.

This site update is like trying to re-invent the wheel but deciding to make them square because it looks edgy and cool and then ignoring the fact that the new square wheels work like sht.

TradeRouteAuctions

4 minutes ago, Allstar said:

On the snap Friday auction via the old you get 196 items listed: https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/static/SnapFriday.html

This is even not the correct one - it shows listings ended on 10th Jan 2020

So possibly there is no OLD version for this Friday auction

All Music
27 minutes ago, Allstar said:

Anyone using the https://old.bidorbuy.co.za to access the site you may have some unintended consequences

On the snap Friday auction via the old you get 196 items listed: https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/static/SnapFriday.html

New 898 : https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/static/SnapFriday.html

Who knows who else that being affected in a similar way.

You need to click on the blue and white microscope on the search field in the old site to refresh the page. That's what I discovered when going into recent buys on the old site and kept getting the same outdated results

Edited by All Music
Added on

TradeRouteAuctions
1 minute ago, All Music said:

You need to click on the blue and white microscope on the search field in the old site to refresh the page. That's what I discovered when going into recent buys on the old site and kept getting the same outdated results

Yes it worked after clicking the search (blue & white lens)

Must be a glitch.

Allstar

How do you change the font size in the description?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

been using the new layout,weekend special listings were fine,now suddenly its changed to similar like the crazy wed duration and setup and that DOES NOT WORK,NOW I CANT LIST ON WEEKEND UNLESS I GO TO OLD SITE-supposed to fix the broken system not break the ones that work,,,,,for g sake man

TradeRouteAuctions
9 minutes ago, Allstar said:

How do you change the font size in the description?

At the moment only predefined sizes as per attached

selecting the text and applying using magic wand

PREDEFINED FONT SIZE.png

Allstar
27 minutes ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

At the moment only predefined sizes as per attached

selecting the text and applying using magic wand

PREDEFINED FONT SIZE.png

I tried that but it doesn't work for some reason on some area's of text, nothing happens.

Allstar

Has anyone been able to view the warranty or guarantee description on open listings, it seems they are missing, you can click on it and it looks like a link but nothing happens?

Warranty Manufacturer

Guarantee Money-Back 7 Days

BPRB

I think its safe to say that at this point just about everyone hates this new format and I understand why, with the old format you knew where everything was located and it was user friendly, this new format kinda shuffles things around in a way that nothing seems to make sense .....however its like that with all new programs that are intended to replace and older format and gradually you start learning where things now reside and the pain starts to ease, an additional problem is that everyone is just so busy and having to learn a new format is simply too much to ask for most users....and I understand that.

In an effort to assist in the sorting out of the bugs I have come across two "bugs" that I have not seen listed here.

I am having difficulty with New BoB on my tablet, I access the site via Chrome and when I bid on something I am unable to reflect the two decimal places, the keypad does not permit the insertion of a decimal place, this means I key in 30 instead of 30.00 ....it may not sound like a big deal but when your software recalls similar bids in the past it is dead easy to bid 300.00 from an old bid....its happened to me a few times but I spotted the problem in time. This also happens on the screen where you record your bid limit, and here I pick up an additional second problem, having keyed in the upper limit the system seems reluctant to accept it (after keying in "submit") when it eventually responds my bid does not even reflect against the item I have bid on...I then have to try again.

The second problem is that items on my  watchlist (again on the tablet) these items do not reflect the date and time that the auction closes, If you have six items closing at the same time on the same day its hell trying to keep control especially when someone else is bidding against you and you have limited time.

I should mention that these two problems do not occur on my laptop.

Your help would be appreciated

TradeRouteAuctions
2 hours ago, Allstar said:

I tried that but it doesn't work for some reason on some area's of text, nothing happens.

Bidorbuy staffs please assist

• Like 1

Allstar

Weird bug when using the new format and you relist an old listing and change the price or try change the price on an existing listing when you click away from the price it takes away some of the digits, so R499 will become R4.

It's happened on 3 separate occasions now

Free system testing to Bidorbuy, you are welcome, wish you would have just tested this new format properly before making the change 😱

TradeRouteAuctions
10 hours ago, Allstar said:

Weird bug when using the new format and you relist an old listing and change the price or try change the price on an existing listing when you click away from the price it takes away some of the digits, so R499 will become R4.

It's happened on 3 separate occasions now

Free system testing to Bidorbuy, you are welcome, wish you would have just tested this new format properly before making the change 😱

if listed un noticed lots of money lost

Allstar
6 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

if listed un noticed lots of money lost

I tested it now and it reverts back to R1, if anyone has relisted anything recently using the new interface and have adjusted the price I'd go check all those listings and confirm the price is correct.

Allstar

Another relisting bug is if a warranty or guarantee was in place in the previous listing, during the relisting process it will show as none for either but the listed item will have whatever warranty/guarantee was previously used when the listing is confirmed.

Then once the item is listed the item's page won't show any specifics of the warranty terms you selected when listing - like the duration, dealer, manufacturer etc it will only say "Warranty Replacement" and that's that.

Just awesome how thoroughly this new format was beta tested before being released, it's not like there's much riding on this software working properly 🤣 🤣

TradeRouteAuctions
53 minutes ago, Allstar said:

Another relisting bug is if a warranty or guarantee was in place in the previous listing, during the relisting process it will show as none for either but the listed item will have whatever warranty/guarantee was previously used when the listing is confirmed.

Then once the item is listed the item's page won't show any specifics of the warranty terms you selected when listing - like the duration, dealer, manufacturer etc it will only say "Warranty Replacement" and that's that.

Just awesome how thoroughly this new format was beta tested before being released, it's not like there's much riding on this software working properly 🤣 🤣

Lately no feedback from Bidorbuy on the queries raised as well, makes me more worried.

• Upvote 1

Principia Trading
19 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Lately no feedback from Bidorbuy on the queries raised as well, makes me more worried.

Hi Trade Route

We have been contacting some users individually to assist with problems they have experienced. 

We have noted all problems that have arisen and we are working on getting them all fixed.