PyramidCurtains

NEW BID OR BUY FORMAT

WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 12:51 PM

TradeRouteAuctions
22 minutes ago, The JJ Master said:

Hi @queen of hearts

Update on the Seller Name:

We've added the seller names, rating count and if verified the verified badge on the List View & Grid View:

image.thumb.png.10e10fbd031de6d571db0010ea48e725.png

image.thumb.png.2d889eff7e0b0bec2b805be8797b167a.png

I'm aware of other queries in this thread and once I have feedback I will post it here.

WOW we moving in the right direction !

• Like 2

All Music

Switching back to the old site is fine but it just changes back to the new site if for example you switch from the shopping page to your sales page. You then have to scroll to the bottom each time to reload the old site.

bren on belham place

The new BOB is pathetic - see you later when its all sorted.  Hello OLX

ATA STAMP CENTRE

On the new site when listing for crazy wed u cannot change the end time,please check this,default is set at 23h45 but when i want to end earlier it does not allow changes on the clock

also when setting the status of orders then it throws out an error

please check these,really trying to use the new site but costing a lot of time when u have to do listings over and over\

neil

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet
On 1/14/2020 at 11:07 AM, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Can only rate per single item and not multiple items per buyer as we were able to

this is too time consuming so ratings will not be completed anymore from seller and buyers alike and no true refelction of serivice will be recorder........one thing after another,

and this was designed and effected by BOB internal it department...........my sweet geezuz....people who should have an intimate knowledge of the inner workings and needs of sellers and buyers,,,,,i think not,,,,

why please ,why  did you gentlemen not do a test group first before this live disaster??

Neil when you open the date scale down  and the very bottom is a tiny little clock--click on it and you change the date

Little Miss Muffet
3 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

On the new site when listing for crazy wed u cannot change the end time,please check this,default is set at 23h45 but when i want to end earlier it does not allow changes on the clock

please check these,really trying to use the new site but costing a lot of time when u have to do listings over and over\

neil

Sorry message was for this query.Scroll down on the calendar and click on tiny clock and change date

Little Miss Muffet
11 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Sorry message was for this query.Scroll down on the calendar and click on tiny clock and change date

3 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

neil

Neil when you open the date scale down  and the very bottom is a tiny little clock--click on it and you change the date

There is another problem here.There is half a calendar and it cannot open

IMG_0716-001.JPG

IMG_0714-002.JPG

Pierre_Henri

The whole date and time set on the new site is unusable - not bad - but utterly unusable

The old format on setting the time and date for the start and end of an auction was light years ahead.

It took me seconds to do it old style - HORROR now - the "updated" version is from the 1990s

Please BOB - ....use  a stopwatch and measure the time it takes "old" style vs. the Victorian "new" format.

There is just no comparison.

• Like 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE
8 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477There is another problem here.There is half a calendar and it cannot open

IMG_0716-001.JPG

IMG_0714-002.JPG

HI.yes i know that  i have done a number of listings

what i am referring to is the crazy wed-u click on that to list and the drop box opens with opening time etc but if u in this boox you cannot alter the closing times-i then have to go out and go left to duration box and then put in the opening and closing days and times which is double the work

other than that the new listings is not that bad

but the duration boxes for the promotional auctions must be sorted please-just refer old system as that worked well in my opnion

neil

Little Miss Muffet

Neil I could not move it either until I tried the other way.I think it was the down arrow that would not move or other way round/.I cannot test it because it seems to be working either way now.

This half calendar isw irritating

Pierre_Henri
7 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

The whole date and time set on the new site is unusable - not bad - but utterly unusable

The old format on setting the time and date for the start and end of an auction was light years ahead.

It took me seconds to do it old style - HORROR now - the "updated" version is from the 1990s

Please BOB - ....use  a stopwatch and measure the time it takes "old" style vs. the Victorian "new" format.

There is just no comparison.

• Upvote 1

Little Miss Muffet

This programmer should go on a refreshman's course

• Like 2

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I am using new site to list as it will be inevitable judging on bob history of forging ahead no matter the consequences and now the crazy wed promotion category is gone,cannot even change duration box either as soon as u scroll it reverts back to box,so back to old site,and sometimes it does not allow access,may be my firefox browser as i have to clear and clear and clear when needing to alternate sites,,,,really a mission,,,life should not be so complicated

neil

All Music

I am trying to edit a few yet to open listings using the new site. 

On the old site all I need to do is click update listing and the listing gets updated.

On the new site I have to click through a couple of times and still check the terms and conditions box, which was already checked before the bulkload file was uploaded.

When I go back the changes have not been saved and have to be done again.

Also can't see the entire description box at once, have to scroll down.

Also missing on the new site is the option to choose the bigger 950 px image.

Pierre_Henri

I just checked out the OLX site - BidorBuy's only current competitor in SA, and it looks if the same programmer is responsible for both major disasters.

(The OLX-site  is strangely similar, but even worse than Bob's new layout).

BidorBuy -  PLEASE just revert back  or face the music - currently something like 90+% of those in the forum-pole are urging you to do that.

What exactly is difficult about understanding that the overwhelming majority of your current users are horrified ....?

Just give us back the old format please.

The new one is not sucking, it is a disaster already happening.

• Like 1

Principia Trading
On 1/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, All Music said:

I am trying to edit a few yet to open listings using the new site. 

On the old site all I need to do is click update listing and the listing gets updated.

On the new site I have to click through a couple of times and still check the terms and conditions box, which was already checked before the bulkload file was uploaded.

When I go back the changes have not been saved and have to be done again.

Also can't see the entire description box at once, have to scroll down.

Also missing on the new site is the option to choose the bigger 950 px image.

Hi All Music

We are still optimizing seller functions on the new site - and we appreciate you voicing your frustrations. I will report them to our developers.

You can still access the old site for now via: https://old.bidorbuy.co.za

You can enlarge images in the description by clicking on the image and choosing the 100% option.

nikonman

Did you hire the ceo of s.a.a  or Eskom to redesign the site. It is an total messup. I for one am spending my money on facebook rather than here. Return the old site before I will shop here again.

• Like 4

MTsCollectables

Not happy with the new site at all, and interesting how the voting poll has been disabled...

Navigation is a nightmare for sellers. Messages on orders can't be read, so how must I send off parcels when buyers quote a new delivery Address?

Searching my orders by colour code is no more, and this was my way of keeping track on orders paid but not sent as buyers were waiting to combine for shipping.

Rating buyers was just as bad.

Thankfully I have not yet tried listing on the new site, but judging on other sellers reactions, I would rather spare myself the grief.

As mentioned by almost everyone in this discussion, this is a major downgrade from the old site.

One would have expected a warning from BoB side and a test group before just implementing. Bad form on the part of BoB and a nasty reminder to the rate increase and Final Order Value being implemented...

Hope this gets addressed in the right way with all parties being considered.

• Like 1

EverBright

I think its easier for sellers to edit a listing all on ONE page - like old format. 

There are now too many clicks before the listing is actually saved - more time consuming for sellers too.

• Like 1

MiemsJewels

The new Bidorbuy format SUCKS BIG TIME. PLEASE change back to the old format. Thank You!!

EverBright

Old site relist just stopped working? This is really frustrating!!!

MiemsJewels
On 1/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

I just checked out the OLX site - BidorBuy's only current competitor in SA, and it looks if the same programmer is responsible for both major disasters.

(The OLX-site  is strangely similar, but even worse than Bob's new layout).

BidorBuy -  PLEASE just revert back  or face the music - currently something like 90+% of those in the forum-pole are urging you to do that.

What exactly is difficult about understanding that the overwhelming majority of your current users are horrified ....?

Just give us back the old format please.

The new one is not sucking, it is a disaster already happening.

I totally agree.

MiemsJewels

I've tried to relist my Crazy Wednesday items for next week 3 times now but it still do not show up. Are Bidorbuy going to charge me for the listings every time I agree to their terms and conditions? 

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Another problem just noted on new system is the 15 photos is only 14 allowed-when i laod the 15 th photo onto carousel then it says u have reached the maximum of 15 and fails to upload the 15th photo

neil

BravoLima

EverBright hi

Completely agree that old site is better ... and it stopped working for me as well.   I had to disable ALL add-blockers, IP blocker and permit the site through the firewall.  It only then began functioning again.   I don't know if you have an add-blocker on your browser but if so try disabling it before reloading the old BoB site.   If not manually check which programmes are "ticked" as being permitted through the firewall.   I hope you get it functioning since the new site is nothing but a sadists creation :)