PyramidCurtains

NEW BID OR BUY FORMAT

WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 12:51 PM

Monty Python

A very poor amateur attempt.  Please let us keep the old site which we and the buyers are happy with. At least it works and is user friendly which is more than can be said of the new site.

• Like 5

The JJ Master
46 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Can only rate per single item and not multiple items per buyer as we were able to

this is too time consuming so ratings will not be completed anymore from seller and buyers alike and no true refelction of serivice will be recorder........one thing after another,

and this was designed and effected by BOB internal it department...........my sweet geezuz....people who should have an intimate knowledge of the inner workings and needs of sellers and buyers,,,,,i think not,,,,

why please ,why  did you gentlemen not do a test group first before this live disaster??

Hi @ATA STAMP CENTRE

You can rate multiple users in bulk, and rate one user with multiple orders.

Here's the step by step guide on how to do it:

1. Navigate to My Bidorbuy - Selling and click on Feedback:

1652317259_Mybidorbuy-SellerView.thumb.png.f42286188b7e50cd54be3299e80b1401.png

2. Select the orders you want to include in your bulk rating:

3. Click on Rate Selected:

967887003_Createfeedbackforpurchasesfrom14Oct2019to14Jan2020.thumb.png.2413631f5faab785b8eff86145371916.png

4. You will have a pop-up where you can write your feedback and save the rating which will apply the same rating to the selected orders:

1256426434_Createfeedbackforpurchasesfrom14Oct2019to14Jan2020(1).thumb.png.de8651d93cc644cd69cd302b926cdb9a.png

To rate a specific buyer you can use the Refine section on the left:

1705098088_Createfeedbackforpurchasesfrom14Oct2019to14Jan2020(2).thumb.png.975e407500c66914dd48ff3d1b0cc3ac.png

I hope this helps you and please let us know if you encounter any new issues.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

phototech

Common Bidorbuy, WTF is going on with the new format. It is bloody terrible.

As I explained on the live chat, BoB is going to lose sellers including me if you do not revert back to the older format.

Have you ever considered those people that are not as computer orientated (most older sellers fall into this group), that must now navigate this maze of crap that you have created.

The system if difficult to navigate for both sellers and buyers and I have been on BoB for 11yrs, it looks to me like BoB now does not give a **** about its clientele.

This system is a NIGHTMARE.

Can  BoB issue a response please. I see a lot of other complaints about the same thing.

I am also unable to get work, having survived 2 major heart attacks and this is one of the platforms where at least I can generate an income to support myself and now 

you are probably destroying the lively hood of many others in similar situations.

COMMON BOB, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

• Like 8

phototech
6 minutes ago, time_machine said:

to all members use this link to avoid this new site at all costs https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/

time_machine.... thank you very much.

Lets hope BOB come to their senses

DaveDave2013
1 hour ago, time_machine said:

to all members use this link to avoid this new site at all costs https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/

Hi @time_machine

Thanks for sharing.

You are correct, for the time being you can access the old site via the link you mentioned however, this will not be a permanent feature.

In light of this, if you spot any bugs or issues please would you share the specifics with us so that we can take a look at them.

• Like 1

DaveDave2013
2 hours ago, time_machine said:

to all member use this link to avoid this new site at all costs https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/

Hi @time_machine

Thanks for sharing.

You are correct, for the time being you can access the old site via the link you mentioned however, this will not be a permanent feature.

In light of this, if you spot any bugs or issues please would you share the specifics with us so that we can take a look at them.

DaveDave2013
2 hours ago, phototech said:

Common Bidorbuy, WTF is going on with the new format. It is bloody terrible.

As I explained on the live chat, BoB is going to lose sellers including me if you do not revert back to the older format.

Have you ever considered those people that are not as computer orientated (most older sellers fall into this group), that must now navigate this maze of crap that you have created.

The system if difficult to navigate for both sellers and buyers and I have been on BoB for 11yrs, it looks to me like BoB now does not give a **** about its clientele.

This system is a NIGHTMARE.

Can  BoB issue a response please. I see a lot of other complaints about the same thing.

I am also unable to get work, having survived 2 major heart attacks and this is one of the platforms where at least I can generate an income to support myself and now 

you are probably destroying the lively hood of many others in similar situations.

COMMON BOB, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

Hi @phototech

Thanks for sharing.

Please would you share the specifics of your issues with us so that we can take a look at them?

You are more than welcome to contact me via PM with your feedback.

phototech
8 minutes ago, DaveDave2013 said:

Hi @phototech

Thanks for sharing.

Please would you share the specifics of your issues with us so that we can take a look at them?

You are more than welcome to contact me via PM with your feedback.

Hi. My issues are the same as everybody else's who have complained on this forum about your new format

Please read all the issues posted.

Nobody is happy and please take note of all the comments.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN

It seems to me like BOB is going ahead regardless to what we have to say.

Good way to lose sellers and buyers.

Look after what you already have......

phototech
3 hours ago, Monty Python said:

A very poor amateur attempt.  Please let us keep the old site which we and the buyers are happy with. At least it works and is user friendly which is more than can be said of the new site.

Absolutely agree with you

DaveDave2013
51 minutes ago, phototech said:

Hi. My issues are the same as everybody else's who have complained on this forum about your new format

Please read all the issues posted.

Nobody is happy and please take note of all the comments.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN

It seems to me like BOB is going ahead regardless to what we have to say.

Good way to lose sellers and buyers.

Look after what you already have......

Hi @phototech,

We have been reviewing the feedback we have received via the forum and where necessary we have implemented a number of changes and fixes to address these.

We are happy to assist you with this transition, however we need a little bit more information from you in order to do so.

As it stands we have made changes to the rating process, order screens and sales pages to name a few with more improvements in the pipeline.

I will be in touch directly shortly to discuss this further.

• Sad 1

time_machine
2 hours ago, DaveDave2013 said:

Hi @time_machine

Thanks for sharing.

trust me, the old system will be brought back, I saw this happen on another site, created so much chaos they quickly reverted back

lavenderhaven

We thought we would try the new site. We have just handled a sale with 9 different items. When we came to rate the customer we were only able to rate one at a time. Please change this! The customer got one rating only!

Pierre_Henri

The problem is that BidorBuy has in a way lost contact with the people who pay their salaries – the sellers on BidorBuy.

(We have seen the same thing with the current Government who does not realize that the taxpayer is the person who pays the salary of the government employee).

It seems that BoB has over-compensated trying to please buyers in every possible way, but have lost contact with the sellers – those hard working guys and girls that keep BoB going every minute of the day.

BoB, before you switch off the old link – please do a survey under top-sellers regarding how happy they are with the new BoB-layout.

If most are predominantly against the switch, and you proceed regardless, you will probably be the ones that will be switched off.

On a more positive note, I think you need say 6 months to panel-beat the new system before you do a seller-survey  - THEN you will know if you must switch :– your “tax payers” will give you the thumbs up (or not).

And then you will know if the majority that pays your salaries are happy and what you must do to keep BoB successfully afloat.

I wish a prosperous 2020 to all BoB–staff and fellow Bobbers.

Together we will (and must) succeed.

Pierre

Pierre_Henri26391

100.00% Positive Ratings

• Like 4

MATCH ATTAX SUPERSTORE

I never write on blogs, but here i think BidorBuy made a real mess of a system that even if it was not perfect it actually worked.

To try and re-list 700 plus items per day on this clumsy layout over 2 hours it is a little too much time spent.

I agree with the above comments, a Beta version should have been tried out , mostly with the larger sellers, pages are clumsy and cluttered, poor design....etc etc.

My 2 cents worth..

Carlos

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pierre_Henri

The problem is that BidorBuy has in a way lost contact with the people who pay their salaries – the sellers on BidorBuy.

(We have seen the same thing with the current Government who does not realize that the taxpayer is the person who pays the salary of the government employee).

It seems that BoB has over-compensated trying to please buyers in every possible way, but have lost contact with the sellers – those hard working guys and girls that keep BoB going every minute of the day.

BoB, before you switch off the old link – please do a survey under top-sellers regarding how happy they are with the new BoB-layout.

If most are predominantly against the switch, and you proceed regardless, you will probably be the ones that will be switched off.

On a more positive note, I think you need say 6 months to panel-beat the new system before you do a seller-survey  - THEN you will know if you must switch :– your “tax payers” will give you the thumbs up (or not).

And then you will know if the majority that pays your salaries are happy and what you must do to keep BoB successfully afloat.

I wish a prosperous 2020 to all BoB–staff and fellow Bobbers.

Pierre

Pierre_Henri26391

100.00% Positive Ratings

• Like 1

dcdoberman

This new layout sucks!

Can't see sellers names ! What was wrong with old layout ?

• Like 1

Concept Cellular
12 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

The new pages look too EMPTY with lot of white background. It might take weeks / months to get used to it.

I SUGGEST sellers and buyers have to be given a choice to to use older layout.

Agreed Totally. 

The banners do not even appear correctly.

What is bidorbuy thinking!

Concept Cellular
5 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

The problem is that BidorBuy has in a way lost contact with the people who pay their salaries – the sellers on BidorBuy.

(We have seen the same thing with the current Government who does not realize that the taxpayer is the person who pays the salary of the government employee).

It seems that BoB has over-compensated trying to please buyers in every possible way, but have lost contact with the sellers – those hard working guys and girls that keep BoB going every minute of the day.

BoB, before you switch off the old link – please do a survey under top-sellers regarding how happy they are with the new BoB-layout.

On a more positive note, I think you need say 6 months to panel-beat the new system before you do a seller-survey  - THEN you will know if you must switch :– your “tax payers” will give you the thumbs up (or not).

And then you will know if the majority that pays your salaries are happy and what you must do to keep BoB successfully afloat.

I wish a prosperous 2020 to all BoB–staff and fellow Bobbers.

Pierre

Pierre_Henri26391

100.00% Positive Ratings

You are 100% correct.

Cant believe bidorbuy has approved the new site.

We're suppose to be moving forward but this new site is 20 years behind.

Its not just sellers that are suffering - its sucks from a buyers point of view as well. 

ATA STAMP CENTRE

SELLERS names still not appearing on listings

the duration of listing is still a major concern,u press weekend special and it activates snap firday times,then u cannot even change this manually so u just cannt list anything,

the old site not accessible this morning so cannot list at all

neil

Grizzly Gaming

Plain and simply, the new site sucks, we've already seen a dip in sales since implementation. But it's fine, if BoB wants to lose sellers and in turn revenue, they can dig their own grave, and hammer the nails into their own coffin

• Like 1

Gemsales
23 hours ago, time_machine said:

to all member use this link to avoid this new site at all costs https://old.bidorbuy.co.za/

My concern is that apparently reverting back to the old site is only temporarily... :(

• Like 1

lavenderhaven
On 1/14/2020 at 2:54 PM, DaveDave2013 said:

Hello DaveDave2013.

I have been trying to explore the new site, and some of the original problems seem to be improved. But we need advise/help on the following 3 issues.

1. The pick list.   Sometimes we want to relist  a lot of items, so we use the pick list on the old system.  The new system, we have found how to select the pick list, but where do we find the pick list to relist?

2.    I need to use the function of searching through messages we have sent the customer. (on the old site it was available on quick search and advanced search) - This helps greatly with after customer care.  Search a tracking number, or any other reference etc.

3. The "My Sales'" I really do prefer the Old page set.  

The old summary look, each order number was given the same amount of space,

The Statice bar was fully coloured, 

The basic details to review quickly what work is needed was very user friendly, easy to see in a glace.

New Site:  I am concerned it will be easy now to overlook a small order with one or two items, in favour of seeing the larger orders.  Every customer is important, and once they have paid, we try really hard to get every order out as quickly as possible.  

Look forward to your reply.

The JJ Master
On 1/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, queen of hearts said:

See new format and one can no longer see who the seller is when scrolling without opening the post.  There are a few sellers that I would not buy from again and it is a nuisance to have to open the post to see who the seller is.

Hi @queen of hearts

Update on the Seller Name:

We've added the seller names, rating count and if verified the verified badge on the List View & Grid View:

image.thumb.png.10e10fbd031de6d571db0010ea48e725.png

image.thumb.png.2d889eff7e0b0bec2b805be8797b167a.png

I'm aware of other queries in this thread and once I have feedback I will post it here.

• Like 1

The JJ Master
On 1/14/2020 at 9:21 PM, dcdoberman said:

This new layout sucks!

Can't see sellers names ! What was wrong with old layout ?

Hi @dcdoberman

Update on the Seller Name:

We've added the seller names, rating count and if verified the verified badge on the List View & Grid View:

image.thumb.png.10e10fbd031de6d571db0010ea48e725.png

image.thumb.png.2d889eff7e0b0bec2b805be8797b167a.png

I'm aware of other queries in this thread and once I have feedback I will post it here.