PyramidCurtains

NEW BID OR BUY FORMAT

WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHO HATES THE NEW BOB FORMAT??

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 12:51 PM

PyramidCurtains

JohnBenn

I can't see the seller's names. There are some sellers I don't want to buy from again, or who are just dreamers in the stamp section that I want to just scroll past.

I can't find the "search for sellers" anymore. I normally search for a few sellers daily to see if they have anything new posted that I might need in my stamp collection.

If I move my mouse towards "what's new" it moves over the top item on the left, I think it's called "digital", then a popup bar appears and covers "what's new". Annoying.

I like to look through the stamp section with rows, like it was before, but tiles are default and I have to constantly click rows with every search. Annoying.

If the item is a buy now or an auction isn't clear either.

Why do you have to change something that worked perfectly and was user friendly?

Edited by JohnBenn
  • Like 2

Cape Collectables

I cant post parcels as i cant see who paid or who hasn't. You are responsible Bidorbuy. Fix youre site. You are really deteriorating the last few months. You making it impossible to sell on Bob and that affects both of us.  

Its like my 8 year old is programming and designing youre site, But i do think he can do a better job, Employ people that can actually do the job. Or just get rid of who ever did this crap.

There is so many problems to mention. Did you contact Wix to get someone to design youre site? Because he cant.

• Like 6

Concept Cellular

New site layout is a mess. Very Inefficient layout.

Looks like a back door amateur designed website.

Not class leading!

• Like 6

Seeds and All

@DaveDave2013

It has now become so complicated and mind-numbing to sell full-time on BoB...

I have noticed multiple flaws in your new layout. It has stripped away many valuable functions sellers have used for more years than you have been at BoB. Even if the functions are still there, getting to and using them have become cumbersome. 

• Like 4

Cali Craft and Gems

The "new" look is the final nail in the coffin... I for one will be changing over from BoB on it's death bed to an online platform that is actually alive and kicking! (and has a far better reputation than BoB with clients all over the globe - sadly fewer SA buyers but I am certain that with the changes that BoB has made, this other platform will sky rocket!)

Bye Bye BoB... my condolences to all affected!

• Like 2

queen of hearts

See new format and one can no longer see who the seller is when scrolling without opening the post.  There are a few sellers that I would not buy from again and it is a nuisance to have to open the post to see who the seller is.

• Like 3

ATA STAMP CENTRE
20 minutes ago, queen of hearts said:

See new format and one can no longer see who the seller is when scrolling without opening the post.  There are a few sellers that I would not buy from again and it is a nuisance to have to open the post to see who the seller is.

THIS is a major oversight by bob,,,,,,FIX IT PLEASE

• Like 1

The JJ Master

Hi Queen of Hearts

Thank you for raising this with us, we busy looking into this and I will make sure to keep you updated.

Please let us know if you encounter any new issues,

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience.

time_machine

stupid system, hurts my eyes, time consuming, new format is created by someone who does not sell on BOB - I predict they go back to old format in 24 hours

• Like 5

ATA STAMP CENTRE
8 minutes ago, The JJ Master said:

Hi Queen of Hearts

Thank you for raising this with us, we busy looking into this and I will make sure to keep you updated.

Very happy to see some action,this is serious problem,so please address it

another major problem is when u list for crazy wed the duration has to be done manually-previously when u clicked on crazy wed during listing the starting date and time would automatically be activated and then we only had to manually install the end time,this has added a few minutes to each listing,surely a simple fix please

also on the home page the toolbar cannot just have promotions and expect buyer and sellers to understand what these are

this should be promotional auctions and under this a better display of crazy wed and snap friday,weekend specials etc in block format ,highlighted etc as these are important saes auctions and buyers can see where to look and go to them

please address these

there are numerous other funsctions that need addressing so please read the forum and take action

thank you

neil

• Like 1

time_machine
12 minutes ago, The JJ Master said:

Hi Queen of Hearts

I wonder if the programmers have ever sold anything on BOB, new system 1. Hurts my eyes 2. too much scrolling, you cannot see all pictures and the description in same frame, you have to scroll, to much clicking "next etc" . keep it simple, another thing you have to copy and paste each photo into the "add picture" link if photo comes from outside, why can't you just copy and paste all 6 photos in one go?

• Like 1

time_machine

I know another website that changed the format - they lost so much money they quickly reverted back

• Like 3

Soft Service
59 minutes ago, Cali Craft and Gems said:

The "new" look is the final nail in the coffin... I for one will be changing over from BoB on it's death bed to an online platform that is actually alive and kicking! (and has a far better reputation than BoB with clients all over the globe - sadly fewer SA buyers but I am certain that with the changes that BoB has made, this other platform will sky rocket!)

Bye Bye BoB... my condolences to all affected!

Can we also get some details of this other platform please? :)

• Like 2

time_machine

with the old system of selling you look down in stages by scolling, now you must look left right bottom corners etc, another thing these programmers don't understand is "font" the font they using is useless, unaffective and difficult on the brain, I myself am an old school graphic designer who qualified in 1999 and who understands these things

• Like 1

time_machine
11 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Very happy to see some action,this is serious problem,so please address it

another major problem is when u list for crazy wed the duration has to be done manually-previously when u clicked on crazy wed during listing the starting date and time would automatically be activated and then we only had to manually install the end time,this has added a few minutes to each listing,surely a simple fix please

also on the home page the toolbar cannot just have promotions and expect buyer and sellers to understand what these are

this should be promotional auctions and under this a better display of crazy wed and snap friday,weekend specials etc in block format ,highlighted etc as these are important saes auctions and buyers can see where to look and go to them

please address these

there are numerous other funsctions that need addressing so please read the forum and take action

thank you

neil

its the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

• Like 2

kinecoins

really bad -I am a seller with over 50k plus positive feedback and you would at the least have expected Bid Or Buy to contact myself and other long-standing sellers for input (let us try a beta format or give suggestions) before going live with this creation.  I use Firefox as my main browser now I have to use Chrome to get back to the old site. I find the new format confusing and clumsy 

• Like 4

time_machine

I the meantime I will take my sales onto the many facebook groups which allow sales, until this issue is resolved

• Like 3

time_machine
Just now, kinecoins said:

really bad -I am a seller with over 50k plus positive feedback and you would at the least have expected Bid Or Buy to contact myself and other long-standing sellers for input (let us try a beta format or give suggestions) before going live with this creation.  I use Firefox as my main browser now I have to use Chrome to get back to the old site. I find the new format confusing and clumsy 

the people programming this new site have never sold anything on BOB

• Like 2

time_machine
16 hours ago, JohnBenn said:

I can't see the seller's names. There are some sellers I don't want to buy from again, or who are just dreamers in the stamp section that I want to just scroll past.

I can't find the "search for sellers" anymore. I normally search for a few sellers daily to see if they have anything new posted that I might need in my stamp collection.

If I move my mouse towards "what's new" it moves over the top item on the left, I think it's called "digital", then a popup bar appears and covers "what's new". Annoying.

I like to look through the stamp section with rows, like it was before, but tiles are default and I have to constantly click rows with every search. Annoying.

If the item is a buy now or an auction isn't clear either.

Why do you have to change something that worked perfectly and was user friendly?

because as soon as you are used to a system, they quickly change it

• Like 1

time_machine

where is the "advanced" search for sales, I want to copy and paste something from a few years ago

• Like 1

lavenderhaven

From a selling point of view, the new design is a total disaster.  We had a credit card payment.  After many minutes of searching, we still had no idea on how to accept the payment.  Switch to the old site, and the link is in red, easy to accept the payment.  Easy to print the packing slip, address label etc.  

The old selling is easy to use.  Unless the new glitches are fixed, or we go back to the old site, we have no idea if we will be able to continue to provide an efficient service to our customers using Bid or Buy.    How do you find payments, search for a specific buyer, search in the shipping notes to help track parcels? Please Bid or Buy, fix this mess.

• Like 3

lavenderhaven

BOB does not have a great history of listening to sellers complaints. Let's hope that this time is different. Please BOB remove this new site which appears to have been written by an amateur with little understanding of selling on line.  We are quite  happy with the present site and so are our buyers. I can only see a downturn in sales from now on if BOB persists with this very poor site. 

Please BOB, for once, listen to your sellers !

• Like 4

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Can only rate per single item and not multiple items per buyer as we were able to

this is too time consuming so ratings will not be completed anymore from seller and buyers alike and no true refelction of serivice will be recorder........one thing after another,

and this was designed and effected by BOB internal it department...........my sweet geezuz....people who should have an intimate knowledge of the inner workings and needs of sellers and buyers,,,,,i think not,,,,

why please ,why  did you gentlemen not do a test group first before this live disaster??

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE
  • Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions

The new pages look too EMPTY with lot of white background. It might take weeks / months to get used to it.

I SUGGEST sellers and buyers have to be given a choice to to use older layout.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1