Allstar

Listing interface upgraded - no way to add image to descrption?

Allstar

I noticed the listing interface software was upgraded a few months back and now there is no add image button or way to add an image to the description?

Is there a button I'm not seeing?

Allstar

How do I follow a topic after posting it, I can't see that option anywhere?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

hi,load as normal onto the carousel,when that thumbnail appears then u can click on the + signe on top left of thumbnail and that will add the same photo to description field below.

neil

Allstar
2 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

hi,load as normal onto the carousel,when that thumbnail appears then u can click on the + signe on top left of thumbnail and that will add the same photo to description field below.

neil

Thanks Neil, I need to add an image hosted off site, there used to be a button to add an image to the description and then you paste the URL, that is now no more and I am wondering how to add a pic like that. This is basic functionality, weird that it has seemingly been removed.

Soft Service

There is a workaround.

Add a photo to the description from the carousel as described by ATA STAMP CENTER. Once the photo is in the description, right click on the photo and then click IMAGE PROPERTIES. Then paste the URL of your photo into the URL field, replacing the Bid or Buy URL. Click OK and the image in the description will change to the image hosted off site

• Upvote 1

Allstar
1 hour ago, Soft Service said:

There is a workaround.

Add a photo to the description from the carousel as described by ATA STAMP CENTER. Once the photo is in the description, right click on the photo and then click IMAGE PROPERTIES. Then paste the URL of your photo into the URL field, replacing the Bid or Buy URL. Click OK and the image in the description will change to the image hosted off site

Ah that's a clever workaround, thanks!

Does anyone have any idea why they removed the functionality?

I'm assuming in their typical cryptic manner no one at Bidorbuy will be able to say why, despite it being the most basic functionality.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
6 hours ago, Allstar said:

Ah that's a clever workaround, thanks!

Does anyone have any idea why they removed the functionality?

I'm assuming in their typical cryptic manner no one at Bidorbuy will be able to say why, despite it being the most basic functionality.

hi,it was due to google and firefox upgrades that made the bob system incompatible with various functions and that was one of the functions apparently that they had to change.

Lets see what happens tomorow with the new systems arrival......

Allstar
3 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

hi,it was due to google and firefox upgrades that made the bob system incompatible with various functions and that was one of the functions apparently that they had to change.

Lets see what happens tomorow with the new systems arrival......

I highly doubt it had anything to do with google and firefox upgrades, it's a function of the software not the browser.

What new system is arriving tomorrow?

• Upvote 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE

That was the explanation given,there is a thread somewhere on this but cant find it at the moment.

The is supposed to be a new layout from today but still seems same at the moment

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

ATA STAMP CENTRE

And the new layout arrived and was gone and then back.

Why do these programmers never ask what we want,it would make life so much simpler,small things like the buyers id on top of the frigging order instead of hidden away at bottom left of invoice-who bright idea was that??

Allstar
3 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

And the new layout arrived and was gone and then back.

Why do these programmers never ask what we want,it would make life so much simpler,small things like the buyers id on top of the frigging order instead of hidden away at bottom left of invoice-who bright idea was that??

Bidorbuy is one of the most uncustomer focused companies I've experienced, they do what suits the developers and screw the end users, it's a weird choice to make. From what I have seen the new interface is garbage, try finding the rating and how to rate a buyer or edit a rating on your sales list, the interface layout also changes randomly with each new sale . Also the contact number is not listed below the address on an order, why do that..

They appear to do just about zero User Experience testing, maybe it's a bunch of amateurs running the ship.

• Like 1

Allstar

No way to read previously sent seller messages, geez guys way to go, lots of pretesting must have taken place...

The new layout in general is terrible, lots of empty unused space and small fonts, looks almost like a glorified spreadsheet

Edited by Allstar

Allstar

Still no option to edit or relist an item from the items page - basic intuitive functionality that continues to escape the bidorbuy team :(

Jacques Kuun

Disaster!

Allstar

I see now they have removed almost all image options in the description, there is no option now to center the image they auto default to the left side of the page.

Allstar
On 1/12/2020 at 9:04 AM, Soft Service said:

There is a workaround.

This doesn't work now, the functionality to do that has been removed. The interface is so dumbed down you can't even copy and paste images if you want to duplicate them or move them around

Principia Trading
On 1/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, Allstar said:

This doesn't work now, the functionality to do that has been removed. The interface is so dumbed down you can't even copy and paste images if you want to duplicate them or move them around

506194768_2020-01-2309_19_12-Sellanitem-Overview.thumb.png.59781631c29f83b78859bc2c7e00338a.png

Hi Allstar

You should be able to add images to the description by clicking on the + sign on your carousel images.

Principia Trading
On 1/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, Allstar said:

I see now they have removed almost all image options in the description, there is no option now to center the image they auto default to the left side of the page.

Hi Allstar

Try the following.

1. Enter your text description in;

2. Add your images to carousel and then to description;

3. Highlight everything and select centre with the aligning tool.

Allstar
46 minutes ago, Principia Trading said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477imageproxy.php?img=&key=fdd20f0c16456477506194768_2020-01-2309_19_12-Sellanitem-Overview.thumb.png.59781631c29f83b78859bc2c7e00338a.png

Hi Allstar

You should be able to add images to the description by clicking on the + sign on your carousel images.

That unfortunately doesn't work for me, I don't host my images on Bidorbuy.

There is also no way to copy the image URL from images in the description, if you want to add them to the default Bidorbuy image viewer at the top of the listing.

44 minutes ago, Principia Trading said:

Hi Allstar

Try the following.

1. Enter your text description in;

2. Add your images to carousel and then to description;

3. Highlight everything and select centre with the aligning tool.

That also doesn't work very well, some images will centre some won't, also I need to be able to center some parts and align others to the left

All around very poor interface upgrade.