Sign in to follow this  
TradeRouteAuctions

Credit card payment - notification before verification

TradeRouteAuctions

Once a buyer completes order and pays via credit card - Buyer receives an email stating  "seller is notified about payment and seller needs to accept payment". Please see attachment which Bidorbuy sends out to buyers.

However seller never receives any email about payment, Buyer starts chasing about shipping while seller is unaware of payment.

Bidorbuy sends a separate email to buyer asking for ID etc for verification and once it is sent verification can take up to 48 hours.

I suggest that the communication sent out to buyers should state that - "Once verification is done sellers will be notified about payment". This will avoid buyers chasing for items before a credit card payment is notified / accepted.

Atleast 50% of credit card payments I had to intervene and assist buyers stating verification process etc.,  this is becoming a routine.

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
13 hours ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

Once a buyer completes order and pays via credit card - Buyer receives an email stating  "seller is notified about payment and seller needs to accept payment". Please see attachment which Bidorbuy sends out to buyers.

However seller never receives any email about payment, Buyer starts chasing about shipping while seller is unaware of payment.

Bidorbuy sends a separate email to buyer asking for ID etc for verification and once it is sent verification can take up to 48 hours.

I suggest that the communication sent out to buyers should state that - "Once verification is done sellers will be notified about payment". This will avoid buyers chasing for items before a credit card payment is notified / accepted.

Atleast 50% of credit card payments I had to intervene and assist buyers stating verification process etc.,  this is becoming a routine.

credit card payment 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

TradeRouteAuctions
12 hours ago, Darth Penguin said:

@TradeRouteAuctions, please remove the buyer's email from the pic and repost.

Done thank you

Pierre_Henri

I have stopped accepting credit card payments on BoB a few years ago.

All those that paid with credit cards previously,  now have to do EFT's and it saves me a mountain of money in credit card fees every month. 

I have not lost one single customer due to my ban on credit cards.

I don't know what the credit card fees were then (3%-4%?), but my turnover on BoB is R500 000 - R700 000 a month at the very least and can one just imagine what the Credit Card fees on that would be if say 15% to 20% buyers  pay me by credit card?

I would rather take that saved fees and give it to a Charity organization, or help up-and-coming new BidorBuyers that I am sponsoring at the moment.. 

Regards

Pierre

TradeRouteAuctions
11 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

I have stopped accepting credit card payments on BoB a few years ago.

All those that paid with credit cards previously,  now have to do EFT's and it saves me a mountain of money in credit card fees every month. 

I have not lost one single customer due to my ban on credit cards.

I don't know what the credit card fees were then (3%-4%?), but my turnover on BoB is R500 000 - R700 000 a month at the very least and can one just imagine what the Credit Card fees on that would be if say 15% to 20% buyers  pay me by credit card?

I would rather take that saved fees and give it to a Charity organization, or help up-and-coming new BidorBuyers that I am sponsoring at the moment.. 

Regards

Pierre

hi Pierre_Henri, Currently Bidorbuy is not charging commissions for Credit card payments.

It's about 40% of my turnover is Credit card payments. So I had to keep it as an option.

Pierre_Henri
On 11/7/2019 at 5:51 AM, TradeRouteAuctions said:

hi Pierre_Henri, Currently Bidorbuy is not charging commissions for Credit card payments.

It's about 40% of my turnover is Credit card payments. So I had to keep it as an option.

Are you sure about that? 

TradeRouteAuctions
15 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

Are you sure about that? 

Absolutely

All Music

It's one of the changes that came in when they changed the whole commission fee structure.

TradeRouteAuctions

That's correct.