Jump to content
Little Miss Muffet

Images not loading

Recommended Posts

TradeRouteAuctions

Sad no responses still from Bidorbuy Team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
admin

Good evening all,

Tech has done some great work improving the listing editor.

Once on the listing page at the Add image section for the thumbnail images click on Upload images

1324518873_pic1.png.07e70db8ee7170aacb708ec6b7beb952.png

1855451799_pic2.png.ca953f4bcdb359ba8aa603dfbd963616.png

Select the images that you want to add to the listing and click Open

1307748184_pic3.png.4492f107dd3a44447f3f3a3db4012d7a.png

Once the images are displaying then click on the + icon at the top corner, the images will then display on the description page.

852547323_pic4.png.e399b2686b9ac43c54e4f96f3e779267.png

To edit the image size, right click on the image and then select Image Properties.

1800555508_pic6.png.8f0d7fc7fcf9e1b95f69340985e2e142.png

On the Image Properties page you will be able to change the Width, Height, Borders, VSpace, Hspace and Alignment.

170332964_pic5.png.6bfc68778b8036c239225a34b28e18d4.png

Please note that the image button in the top left of the Listing Editor has been removed, use the gallery to insert images. Should the image button still be in your Editor, please force a page refresh by pressing CTRL and F5 and it should take care of it. I just tested this on Chrome and it works 100%

Kind regards

Andries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Thats all good and well but i cannot see how to add additional photos to the description field,i can repeat the pictures from 1-15 into the description field yes but once the 15 images are full and i need extra pictures in the description field,how do i do that??

some times one has a large lot of items or pages to show and can be up to 40 pictures so still need to be able to add pictures in the description field additional to the 15 images so i do not see how to do this

please advise

neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
10 hours ago, admin said:

Good evening all,

Tech has done some great work improving the listing editor.

Once on the listing page at the Add image section for the thumbnail images click on Upload images

1324518873_pic1.png.07e70db8ee7170aacb708ec6b7beb952.png

1855451799_pic2.png.ca953f4bcdb359ba8aa603dfbd963616.png

Select the images that you want to add to the listing and click Open

1307748184_pic3.png.4492f107dd3a44447f3f3a3db4012d7a.png

Once the images are displaying then click on the + icon at the top corner, the images will then display on the description page.

852547323_pic4.png.e399b2686b9ac43c54e4f96f3e779267.png

To edit the image size, right click on the image and then select Image Properties.

1800555508_pic6.png.8f0d7fc7fcf9e1b95f69340985e2e142.png

On the Image Properties page you will be able to change the Width, Height, Borders, VSpace, Hspace and Alignment.

170332964_pic5.png.6bfc68778b8036c239225a34b28e18d4.png

Please note that the image button in the top left of the Listing Editor has been removed, use the gallery to insert images. Should the image button still be in your Editor, please force a page refresh by pressing CTRL and F5 and it should take care of it. I just tested this on Chrome and it works 100%

Kind regards

Andries

 

Thank you Andries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri

Thank you Andries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deonrick

Just to be clear, we need to add 15 images to the carousel, Add to description, then delete from the carousel, Add back to the carousel, then add again to the description if we need more than 15 pictures in the Description?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions

I did a few listings and it actually works out faster to list now.

Thank you once again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
19 minutes ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

I did a few listings and it actually works out faster to list now.

Thank you once again.

 

Yes,if u need to duplicate the picture in description field,but for a seller that posts more than 15 pictures its ridiculous situation as its time consuming if having to do it as stated above by deonrick...why do BOB never have a complete solution to any changes??macmuffin cannot be at bob anymore as this would never HAVE happened...

plus...still no change after a year and a half on the single payment for multiple orders that bob gets duplicate fees for nothing and this still not addressed by BOB.....AND MANY SELLERS STILL NOT EVEN AWARE OF THESE DUPLICATED FEES CHARGED TO THEM..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
4 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Yes,if u need to duplicate the picture in description field,but for a seller that posts more than 15 pictures its ridiculous situation as its time consuming if having to do it as stated above by deonrick...why do BOB never have a complete solution to any changes??macmuffin cannot be at bob anymore as this would never HAVE happened...

plus...still no change after a year and a half on the single payment for multiple orders that bob gets duplicate fees for nothing and this still not addressed by BOB.....AND MANY SELLERS STILL NOT EVEN AWARE OF THESE DUPLICATED FEES CHARGED TO THEM..

Sorry about that - I suggest Bidorbuy communicates about developments etc in advance so sellers are aware of whats going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE

This is so stupid,

If i have an album with 30 pages and i wish to show all 30 pages so the buyers can have the correct idea about what is in the album then i cannot do this anymore??

If bob could please advise would be helpful........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri
On 11/2/2019 at 7:46 AM, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

plus...still no change after a year and a half on the single payment for multiple orders that bob gets duplicate fees for nothing and this still not addressed by BOB.....AND MANY SELLERS STILL NOT EVEN AWARE OF THESE DUPLICATED FEES CHARGED TO THEM..

What do you mean? I don't understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
16 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

What do you mean? I don't understand?

Pierre

here is example-buyer place order for R100 AND i keep this as i hold for buyer,bob takes commission on this immediately

buyer place order later in month and becomes seperate order as other order is closed either because i closed it to sort and place in safekeeping or its passed the allowed time for open orders,this is another R100-BOB TAKES COMM IMMEDIATLEY

they now have commsion already on both orders

buyer pays end of month but instead of paying orders sepeartely he pays one amount of R200 PLUS POSTAGE ON ONE ORDER ONLY-THIS EXTRA R100 PLUS THE POSTAGE BECOMES FINAL ORDER FEE OVER AND ABOVE THE R100 of that particular order and u are charge comm on the R100 AGAIN!! plus on the postage as part of final order fee

Cost me each month as  i write off these amounts as only solution is for bob to reverse the payments and ask buyer to remake seperate payments again which is a mission so is not a solution

U can go to all your orders completed and where the payment exceeds the amount on order u have been charged duplicated fees,i speak to buyers and sellers daily after this long and many do not EVEN KNOW THIS -bob has collected plenty in this way which is duplicated fees!!

neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Music

Buyers need to be told to change the shipping to R0 when adding orders to go into the same parcel. A lot of them are savvy enough to do that themselves but otherwise I send an email to them asking them to do so. A couple of time when I've had shipping commission taken off more than once for an order I've sent a ticket and the matter has been sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
30 minutes ago, All Music said:

Buyers need to be told to change the shipping to R0 when adding orders to go into the same parcel. A lot of them are savvy enough to do that themselves but otherwise I send an email to them asking them to do so. A couple of time when I've had shipping commission taken off more than once for an order I've sent a ticket and the matter has been sorted out.

That is not what i am saying

Lets try explain again

Buyer has two SEPERATE orders-R100 AND R100-comm already paid to bob when purchase is made-buyer then adds shipping of say R50 to one order and uses free shipping on other order-IF he pays seperately then no issue u have final order fee on shipping only of the R50-However if he does not pay one order but decides to pay both on the 2nd order and pays R250 on the 2nd order the R150 ABIVE THE R100 BECOMES THE FINAL ORDER FEE AND U AGAIN PAY COMM ON THE R100 AND THE R50 SHIPPING whereby he fees on the R100 HAVE ALREADY BEEN DEDUCTED so u pay the fees twice on the R100 of the order not paid seperately.

BOB does not fix this as only way is to reverse the payments form buyer and ask buyer to pay the orders seperately,

NEIL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
1 minute ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

That is not what i am saying

Lets try explain again

Buyer has two SEPERATE orders-R100 AND R100-comm already paid to bob when purchase is made-buyer then adds shipping of say R50 to one order and uses free shipping on other order-IF he pays seperately then no issue u have final order fee on shipping only of the R50-However if he does not pay one order but decides to pay both on the 2nd order and pays R250 on the 2nd order the R150 ABIVE THE R100 BECOMES THE FINAL ORDER FEE AND U AGAIN PAY COMM ON THE R100 AND THE R50 SHIPPING whereby he fees on the R100 HAVE ALREADY BEEN DEDUCTED so u pay the fees twice on the R100 of the order not paid seperately.

BOB does not fix this as only way is to reverse the payments form buyer and ask buyer to pay the orders seperately,

NEIL

 

True Neil, No way to resolve this currently.

Also buyer orders with shipping fee (pays excl shipping) and decides to collect AND we have paid FOVF (commissions) which wont be reversed.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
2 minutes ago, TradeRouteAuctions said:

True Neil, No way to resolve this currently.

Also buyer orders with shipping fee (pays excl shipping) and decides to collect AND we have paid FOVF (commissions) which wont be reversed.

 

 

 

Been a struggle for over a year now and i still get buyers paying one amount for multiple orders even though i remind them constantly to make seperate payments-

neil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri

Have you asked BidorBuy for a refund when they have billed you their commission fees twice for the same payments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
1 hour ago, Pierre_Henri said:

Have you asked BidorBuy for a refund when they have billed you their commission fees twice for the same payments?

They cannot refund as they do not understand the problem

All they did once was to reverse the single payment and then the buyer had to make repayments again as per individual order and this upset the buyer  and was about 2 hours explaining on the phone to BOB STAFF and the buyer and untold frustrations,so not worth the hassle.

I am sure bobs making thousands a month from sellers not even aware of this

i just try and ensure buyer makes seperate payments with emails and communications before he pays but sometimes it slips through,

neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri
17 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

They cannot refund as they do not understand the problem

All they did once was to reverse the single payment and then the buyer had to make repayments again as per individual order and this upset the buyer  and was about 2 hours explaining on the phone to BOB STAFF and the buyer and untold frustrations,so not worth the hassle.

I am sure bobs making thousands a month from sellers not even aware of this

i just try and ensure buyer makes seperate payments with emails and communications before he pays but sometimes it slips through,

neil

Andries, are you reading this?

What do you suggest?

Regards

Pierre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

What is going on with the HTML???????????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre_Henri
On 11/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, Pierre_Henri said:

Andries, are you reading this?

What do you suggest?

Regards

Pierre

Little Miss Muffed, Please let us sort out our seller  problems on BoB one by one ...

I'm  a sure Andries will reply one by one as we post our concerns ....

As they say, stay in line and wait for the responses...

Hopefully . we will all be answered as time progresses 

Lets sort out one thing first and then tackle the next one ...

Over to you Andries ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
10 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

What is going on with the HTML???????????????????????

Hi LMM what problems you facing with HTML ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

Okay found out way of loading but really,why change to a more ineffective system---No one informs thousands of users about these changes.

Bidorbuy's staff must be inundated with queries.

I do not like it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TradeRouteAuctions
Just now, Little Miss Muffet said:

Okay found out way of loading but really,why change to a more ineffective system---No one informs thousands of users about these changes.

Bidorbuy's staff must be inundated with queries.

I do not like it

Yes definitely communication lacks

We are left in dark when changes are made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darth Penguin
22 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Okay found out way of loading but really,why change to a more ineffective system---No one informs thousands of users about these changes.

 

The change to the editor was forced on us by browsers updating and rendering some of the old capabilities obsolete. We had to either update the editor or remove the broken functionality. The team opted for updating the editor to retain as much functionality as possible but all our customisation of the old editor would be lost (ease of integrating with your gallery etc). Some of these issues have been fixed.

Again, the focus is on getting the new site up and running (and bracing for all the complaints I'm sure will follow) and not on adding new features to the current site. So in short - this was not a planned change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...