Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Two Recently Published Books of Interest to South African Numismatists

Pierre_Henri

Two Recently Published Books of Interest to South African Numismatists

I have just received my copy of Professor Francois Malan “Kruger’s Gold” and cannot wait to start reading it.

image.png.b2b2e2098c4af0faf295d7259f4d022e.png

Next in line is Kruger Bluebacks – Paper Currency Issued by the Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek during the Boer War 1899-1902” by Everhard Vissers.

image.png.075983bd982146530a674568fd458b95.png

Both books are available from Randcoin: – see their book-listings under Coin Accessories on BidorBuy.

I must just add that the prices are steep, but the authors certainly did not wrote the books for financial gain or anything – only to advance and stimulate our interest in our precious South African Numismatic  Heritage.

Please support them – even if you have to buy it for a dear friend or family member interested in coin collecting or South African history as a birthday or say a Christmas present.

Proudly South African we stand.

Pierre

coinoisseur

Agree 100% Pierre. Both books are indeed written with a numismatic flare is a must for the serious collector or even novice.

I was privileged to be part of the discussions around the book Kruger's Gold with Prof Malan. It was indeed an exciting journey.

Regards

Cold Sea

The books are a bit pricey, but judging by the previous book by Prof Malan, SA Coins for a Hundred Years which is currently selling for R350.00, it will be worth every cent.