chriden

Brand new bidder wanting to opt out

chriden

Please assist:

I have a painting on auction with a starting price of R15 000. I received a bid on 29 July. I was very pleased about the potential income, but today at 4pm the bidder sent a message asking me to delete his bid. I asked what the reason was and he replied that he thought the painting was by another artist and that he should have checked before bidding. This does not ring true for at least 2 reasons:

(a) the listing's heading is the artist's name!

(b) If you are about to commit to a R15 000 bid, surely you would do your due diligence before bidding?

So, what do I do? Delete the bid and let this person get away with messing with the system that is in place to protect both parties and his (perceived) lie remains unchallenged? The process involved in selling and buying is supposed to protect both parties in the transaction. Does this fall under the guise of a "cooling off period"?  If I do cancel, I doubt whether I can then rate him and thus his rating on bidorbuy is untarnished. 

I need advice please.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

There was a ruling from BID OR BUY if a bidder asks for a bid to be deleted we as sellers must comply.

The bidder can simply contact BOB and they will delete his bid if u do not do so.

I suggest u save yourself a lot of bother and simply delete the bid as the likelihood of payment is virtually nil in the event of the sale going through anyway and then u have huge commissions taken by bob off your account and will be weeks before the snc is finalised and that commssion is replaced in your account etc etc-i am sure u understand as u have been on BOB a long time.

neil

Little Miss Muffet

Neil is correct you have no option but to delete the bid to save yourself a lot of hassle.

chriden

Thank you all for the advice.

Regards

Denis