ATA STAMP CENTRE

Credit card payment emails

ATA STAMP CENTRE

What gives with the latest email notifications of credit card payments??

There is no buyer user name on the email anymore and these emails seem to originate from a different source to before.

Why has this changed or is it a glitch in the system/

neil

All Music

Yes, I had one this evening. I didn't notice the part about the name not being on the email because what struck me was the fact that an amount of R0 had been reserved, with a note that it was different to the expected amount.

On my seller page the pending payment is for the correct amount, but I have nevertheless queried with bob before approving.

Darth Penguin

Hi,

We are busy migrating our email sending system and streamlining some of the templates. I will have a look the buyer name being missing.

Please don’t hesitate to provide us with any other feedback with regards to the contents of these emails and what you need on them.

Darth Penguin
10 hours ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

There is no buyer user name on the email anymore

This should be fixed

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Thanks,sorted

neil

Soft Service

Hi Mr Penguin.

I have noticed another irritation that has occurred (I hope accidentally) in the last few days, probably due to your "streamlining" process.

Previously, when replying directly to a "Payment Received" email, the reply address defaulted directly to the buyer's email address.

Now, when clicking reply, the response is directed to hello@bidorbuy.co.za

This is quite irritating, as I generally reply once payment is received and notify the buyer that we have received his/her payment and are processing the order. Now I cannot do this b simply replying to the "Payment Received" email, I have to go and copy the buyer's email address. This is very annoying to do every time and there is no purpose to it. It also eliminates the ability to just reply from my Gmail app, as I need to login to Bid or Buy from my PC to get the buyer's email address, slowing down customer service if I am away from the office. There are very few times where replying to the "Payment Received" email where I would want the response to go to Bid or Buy's support line. On the odd occasion which I may want that, I can type in hello@bidorbuy.co.za

Please change this back so that replying to the "Payment Received" emails default to the buyer's email address like it was before

Darth Penguin
On 8/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, Soft Service said:

Hi Mr Penguin.

I have noticed another irritation that has occurred (I hope accidentally) in the last few days, probably due to your "streamlining" process.

Previously, when replying directly to a "Payment Received" email, the reply address defaulted directly to the buyer's email address.

Now, when clicking reply, the response is directed to hello@bidorbuy.co.za

This is quite irritating, as I generally reply once payment is received and notify the buyer that we have received his/her payment and are processing the order. Now I cannot do this b simply replying to the "Payment Received" email, I have to go and copy the buyer's email address. This is very annoying to do every time and there is no purpose to it. It also eliminates the ability to just reply from my Gmail app, as I need to login to Bid or Buy from my PC to get the buyer's email address, slowing down customer service if I am away from the office. There are very few times where replying to the "Payment Received" email where I would want the response to go to Bid or Buy's support line. On the odd occasion which I may want that, I can type in hello@bidorbuy.co.za

Please change this back so that replying to the "Payment Received" emails default to the buyer's email address like it was before

Hi, I’ll look into this. We had a similar issue with order note emails. Thanks.

EDIT: should be fixed

Soft Service
13 hours ago, Darth Penguin said:

Hi, I’ll look into this. We had a similar issue with order note emails. Thanks.

EDIT: should be fixed

Problem not resolved. Still annoyingly defaulting replies to hello@bidorbuy.co.za

Seeds and All

The positive rating emails no longer has the buyers email address. Same thing goes for the Credit Card payment emails.

Edited by Seeds and All
Added text

Seeds and All

The PayPal emails are missing the US$ amount next to the ZAR amount.

Seeds and All

The PayPal emails are missing the buyer's email address.😠

Darth Penguin
5 minutes ago, Seeds and All said:

The PayPal emails are missing the buyer's email address.😠

It looks fine from my side. If you don't mind, please forward the email in question to darth@bidorbuy.co.za including the the positive rating one so I can have a look at the metadata.

Seeds and All

We have not received confirmation emails for the following credit card payments.

Order 16204161 - R 202.80 - 6 Aug 17:47

Order 16210792 - R 15.50 - 6 Aug 21:46

Order 16210820 - R 25.00 - 6 Aug 21:56

Darth Penguin
2 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

We have not received confirmation emails for the following credit card payments.

Order 16204161 - R 202.80 - 6 Aug 17:47

Order 16210792 - R 15.50 - 6 Aug 21:46

Order 16210820 - R 25.00 - 6 Aug 21:56

You'll need to open a support ticket for this one.

EDIT: I've escalated this issue for you but I would still create a ticket if I was you

EDIT 2: Looks like the issue we had was resolved and you are receiving emails again.